Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
So happy Mitt will be president
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All


flesh


Jan 30, 2012, 7:03 PM
Post #1 of 206 (4719 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

So happy Mitt will be president
Report this Post
Can't Post

haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there.

The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't.

I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

go


curt


Jan 30, 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #2 of 206 (4705 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there...

We tried a Harvard MBA and business owner before and as you may recall it didn't work out all that well.

flesh wrote:
The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't...

Unfortunately, wealth and intelligence have little correlation. That's why Einstein wasn't the world's richest man.

flesh wrote:
I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

Perhaps, if they're holding RMB.

Curt


Toast_in_the_Machine


Jan 30, 2012, 7:34 PM
Post #3 of 206 (4703 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there.

The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't.

I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

go

I missed your completely irrational posts here in the soap box.

Which way would you like this disproven: historical or rhetorical?


traddad


Jan 30, 2012, 7:58 PM
Post #4 of 206 (4695 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there.

The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't.

I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

go

Stop.

Please. You're just embarrassing yourself.


flesh


Jan 30, 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #5 of 206 (4695 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

Re: [curt] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there...

We tried a Harvard MBA and business owner before and as you may recall it didn't work out all that well.

flesh wrote:
The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't...

Unfortunately, wealth and intelligence have little correlation. That's why Einstein wasn't the world's richest man.

flesh wrote:
I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

Perhaps, if they're holding RMB.

Curt

The last one was very different than Mitt, clearly.

I disagree, smarter folks make more money, to a point. No need to link a dozen studies proving and disproving this, they're out there. Anyways, his wealth is only one reason I think he's a genius, apparently you thought it was the only reason. Another is applied intelligence, plenty of smart folks, but they don't do anything with it. They cry instead. Mitt's tough as nails. Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks. Have you spent much time with poor folks? Most of them, are very slow, it very clear, unless retired.

Toast, you lost all credibility when you said, repeatedly, that legalizing and taxing marijuana would create enough revenue to balance the budget.

I don't trust someone to run the country that hasn't run companies, or a state.

It's like debating climbing philosophy with someone who climbs at a beginner level, you can't get it, not yet anyway.

You folks (it's clear which way you lean here) are accustomed to wetarded repubs, I am not one of them.

I really like Obama, he's very smart. He doesn't get the private sector, because he's doesn't have the experience, if he did, I'm sure he would be a great president, which he is not.


flesh


Jan 30, 2012, 8:07 PM
Post #6 of 206 (4693 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

Re: [traddad] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there.

The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't.

I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

go

Stop.

Please. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Don't worry about it.


curt


Jan 30, 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #7 of 206 (4688 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt


flesh


Jan 30, 2012, 8:32 PM
Post #8 of 206 (4680 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

Re: [curt] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

Have you read einstein's most popular biography, by walter isaacson? I have, whether it was through direct pay, or by being taken care of in financial terms indirectly, he lived a upper middle income lifestyle by todays standards as soon as he came to america, which is the country in question. He created his lifestyle through his intelligence and applying himself. Any of the studies I've seen that confirm income is mirrored by intelligence, say it breaks down after around 140 IQ. 140>110 IQ for income but 170 to 140 there is no difference. Once again, I'm aware there are dozens of studies pro and con, I don't care to look at them again.

Come on, I understand you don't like Mitt, I don't like Obama, but I think he extremely sharp, just lacked experience, you really don't think that he's in the top % in intelligence, no matter how you measure it?


curt


Jan 30, 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #9 of 206 (4649 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

Have you read einstein's most popular biography, by walter isaacson? I have, whether it was through direct pay, or by being taken care of in financial terms indirectly, he lived a upper middle income lifestyle by todays standards as soon as he came to america, which is the country in question. He created his lifestyle through his intelligence and applying himself. Any of the studies I've seen that confirm income is mirrored by intelligence, say it breaks down after around 140 IQ. 140>110 IQ for income but 170 to 140 there is no difference. Once again, I'm aware there are dozens of studies pro and con, I don't care to look at them again.

Come on, I understand you don't like Mitt, I don't like Obama, but I think he extremely sharp, just lacked experience, you really don't think that he's in the top % in intelligence, no matter how you measure it?

Yes, I have read that biography. In fact, I suspect that Steve Jobs chose Walter Isaacson to write his own biography in part because he wrote Einstein's. No, I don't believe Mitt is particularly intelligent, but I do think he is an extremely successful opportunist. He should probably have his own chapter in Nassim Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness."

Curt


Partner rrrADAM


Jan 31, 2012, 4:04 AM
Post #10 of 206 (4631 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [curt] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

flesh... Let me guess... You are stupid and poor, right?

Perhaps this is why you didn't get Curt's post... Not because you are poor, but because you are stupid.


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Jan 31, 2012, 4:05 AM)


scrapedape


Jan 31, 2012, 4:43 AM
Post #11 of 206 (4627 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 23, 2004
Posts: 2392

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there.

The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't.

I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

go

I missed your completely irrational posts here in the soap box.

Which way would you like this disproven: historical or rhetorical?

Historhetorical, please.


Toast_in_the_Machine


Jan 31, 2012, 5:07 AM
Post #12 of 206 (4619 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [scrapedape] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
flesh wrote:
haha, love the guy, so happy as a business owner I'll finally have someone like minded in there.

The guy's a genius, literally, I'd be suprised if he wasn't.

I'm sure plenty won't like him when he's president, but they'll like their bank accounts!

go

I missed your completely irrational posts here in the soap box.

Which way would you like this disproven: historical or rhetorical?

Historhetorical, please.

http://www.decisionsonevidence.com/...ob-with-the-economy/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking
http://www.weirdworm.com/...aids-the-naked-body/ (mildly NSFW)


flesh


Jan 31, 2012, 2:36 PM
Post #13 of 206 (4581 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

Re: [rrrADAM] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

flesh... Let me guess... You are stupid and poor, right?

Perhaps this is why you didn't get Curt's post... Not because you are poor, but because you are stupid.

No and no, but thanks for the interest.


flesh


Jan 31, 2012, 2:43 PM
Post #14 of 206 (4580 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

Re: [curt] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

Have you read einstein's most popular biography, by walter isaacson? I have, whether it was through direct pay, or by being taken care of in financial terms indirectly, he lived a upper middle income lifestyle by todays standards as soon as he came to america, which is the country in question. He created his lifestyle through his intelligence and applying himself. Any of the studies I've seen that confirm income is mirrored by intelligence, say it breaks down after around 140 IQ. 140>110 IQ for income but 170 to 140 there is no difference. Once again, I'm aware there are dozens of studies pro and con, I don't care to look at them again.

Come on, I understand you don't like Mitt, I don't like Obama, but I think he extremely sharp, just lacked experience, you really don't think that he's in the top % in intelligence, no matter how you measure it?

Yes, I have read that biography. In fact, I suspect that Steve Jobs chose Walter Isaacson to write his own biography in part because he wrote Einstein's. No, I don't believe Mitt is particularly intelligent, but I do think he is an extremely successful opportunist. He should probably have his own chapter in Nassim Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness."

Curt

Funny, I'm reading steve's biography right now, half way through it.

I don't believe you don't think he's particularly intelligent, even if you totally disagree with him. No biggie.

MITT WILL WIN :) I'll bring back this topic in a year.


caughtinside


Jan 31, 2012, 2:56 PM
Post #15 of 206 (4575 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30323

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

Have you read einstein's most popular biography, by walter isaacson? I have, whether it was through direct pay, or by being taken care of in financial terms indirectly, he lived a upper middle income lifestyle by todays standards as soon as he came to america, which is the country in question. He created his lifestyle through his intelligence and applying himself. Any of the studies I've seen that confirm income is mirrored by intelligence, say it breaks down after around 140 IQ. 140>110 IQ for income but 170 to 140 there is no difference. Once again, I'm aware there are dozens of studies pro and con, I don't care to look at them again.

Come on, I understand you don't like Mitt, I don't like Obama, but I think he extremely sharp, just lacked experience, you really don't think that he's in the top % in intelligence, no matter how you measure it?

Yes, I have read that biography. In fact, I suspect that Steve Jobs chose Walter Isaacson to write his own biography in part because he wrote Einstein's. No, I don't believe Mitt is particularly intelligent, but I do think he is an extremely successful opportunist. He should probably have his own chapter in Nassim Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness."

Curt

Funny, I'm reading steve's biography right now, half way through it.

I don't believe you don't think he's particularly intelligent, even if you totally disagree with him. No biggie.

MITT WILL WIN :) I'll bring back this topic in a year.


Mitt is no question bright and a very hard worker. Don't know about the genius thing. However, Mitt looks a lot like a Wall Street guy. Those guys aren't that popular right now.

I think Obama has done a poor job, but I don't know if it's quite poor enough to lose to nutty Newt or not that likeable wall streety Mitt.

If the GOP had a good candidate, I'd give them great odds at winning. But the GOP field is pretty weak. Who is Mitt? He's not as crazy as the rest of them, and he made a lot of money in a field where lots of guys make lots of money.

Just my opinion... but I think it's lose lose in the next election.


flesh


Jan 31, 2012, 3:13 PM
Post #16 of 206 (4572 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 11, 2011
Posts: 413

Re: [caughtinside] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, mostly agree, it won't be a landslide, but I think he'll win. Look at the florida numbers, it's the best state to predict the outcome so far. Obama won with 51% i FL before.

I'm glad someone could bring themself to say the guy is sharp.

I think he has so much going on upstairs he has a difficult time putting it into words that do his thoughts justice, even though he's a great speaker. He's progressing in this regard though, it was clear at the FL debate. Maybe it's the new debate coach.


styndall


Jan 31, 2012, 3:57 PM
Post #17 of 206 (4565 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 29, 2002
Posts: 2741

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can trust a republican after their brinkmanship on the debt limit cost the US a reduction in credit rating, which in turn tanked a bunch of stocks and cost the average retirement fund what? 15k? 20?

Republicans are willing to do any amount of economic and social damage to support an anti-tax policy that will work even harder to punish the middle class and enrich the investor class.


Toast_in_the_Machine


Jan 31, 2012, 4:31 PM
Post #18 of 206 (4556 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What states does Mitt pick up?

http://www.270towin.com/


curt


Jan 31, 2012, 5:46 PM
Post #19 of 206 (4538 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 26, 2002
Posts: 18226

Re: [flesh] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

flesh wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
curt wrote:
flesh wrote:
...Since you don't believe smarter folks make more money, I guess you think poor folks are just as smart as rich folks...

I guess you completely missed the Einstein comparative, eh?

Curt

Have you read einstein's most popular biography, by walter isaacson? I have, whether it was through direct pay, or by being taken care of in financial terms indirectly, he lived a upper middle income lifestyle by todays standards as soon as he came to america, which is the country in question. He created his lifestyle through his intelligence and applying himself. Any of the studies I've seen that confirm income is mirrored by intelligence, say it breaks down after around 140 IQ. 140>110 IQ for income but 170 to 140 there is no difference. Once again, I'm aware there are dozens of studies pro and con, I don't care to look at them again.

Come on, I understand you don't like Mitt, I don't like Obama, but I think he extremely sharp, just lacked experience, you really don't think that he's in the top % in intelligence, no matter how you measure it?

Yes, I have read that biography. In fact, I suspect that Steve Jobs chose Walter Isaacson to write his own biography in part because he wrote Einstein's. No, I don't believe Mitt is particularly intelligent, but I do think he is an extremely successful opportunist. He should probably have his own chapter in Nassim Taleb's book "Fooled by Randomness."

Curt

Funny, I'm reading steve's biography right now, half way through it.

I don't believe you don't think he's particularly intelligent, even if you totally disagree with him. No biggie...

Romney is almost certainly no genius, but I do think he is bright--as in clever and cunning. However, he clearly believes in absolutely nothing except for advancing his own personal ambitions. I think he's a dangerous person precisely because it is impossible to tell what he really believes in--he will morph which ever the way the wind blows, if he gains political advantage from doing so. He is a complete phony.

Actually, he probably inherited that ability to flip-flop from his father.

wikipedia wrote:

...before his (1968 Presidential) campaign had officially began, Governor (George) Romney made a statement that practically ruined his chances of getting the nomination. In a taped interview with Lou Gordon of WKBD-TV in Detroit on August 31 1967, Romney stated, "When I came back from Viet Nam [in November 1965], I'd just had the greatest brainwashing that anybody can get."

He then shifted to opposing the war: "I no longer believe that it was necessary for us to get involved in South Vietnam to stop Communist aggression in Southeast Asia," he declared. Decrying the "tragic" conflict, he urged "a sound peace in South Vietnam at an early time." Thus Romney disavowed the war and reversed himself from his earlier stated belief that the war was "morally right and necessary."

The "brainwashing" reference had been an offhand, unplanned remark that came at the end of a long, behind-schedule day of campaigning. By September 7 it had found its way into prominence at The New York Times. Eight other governors who had been on the same 1965 trip as Romney said no such activity had taken place, with one of them, Philip H. Hoff of Vermont, saying Romney's remarks were "outrageous, kind of stinking ... Either he's a most naÔve man or he lacks judgment." The connotations of brainwashing, following the experiences of American prisoners of war (highlighted by the 1962 film The Manchurian Candidate), made Romney's comments devastating, especially as it reinforced the negative image of Romney's abilities that had already developed. The topic of brainwashing quickly became newspaper editorial and television talk show fodder, with Romney bearing the brunt of the topical humor...

I guess the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Curt


(This post was edited by curt on Jan 31, 2012, 7:14 PM)


Allfred


Feb 1, 2012, 5:11 AM
Post #20 of 206 (4482 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 29, 2011
Posts: 421

Re: [curt] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:

Romney is almost certainly no genius, but I do think he is bright--as in clever and cunning. However, he clearly believes in absolutely nothing except for advancing his own personal ambitions and $ gain .

Curt

(bold is mine)

focus on the part from 4:00 on. (the first 4:00 is good too.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...video_n_1230530.html


(This post was edited by Allfred on Feb 1, 2012, 5:15 AM)


scrapedape


Feb 1, 2012, 7:02 AM
Post #21 of 206 (4468 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 23, 2004
Posts: 2392

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How about...

CO, NM, NC, VA, NE, FL, PA?


Partner rrrADAM


Feb 1, 2012, 8:13 AM
Post #22 of 206 (4455 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm voting for the same person I did back in '08...

Brian Griffin for President on 2012!!!



chadnsc


Feb 1, 2012, 8:16 AM
Post #23 of 206 (4452 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [rrrADAM] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Me I'm going with Cthulhu in 2012.




Allfred


Feb 1, 2012, 8:33 AM
Post #24 of 206 (4444 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 29, 2011
Posts: 421

Re: [chadnsc] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mitt wrote:
Iím not concerned about the very poor


chadnsc


Feb 1, 2012, 8:42 AM
Post #25 of 206 (4440 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [Allfred] So happy Mitt will be president [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Allfred wrote:
mitt wrote:
Iím not concerned about the very poor
Cthulhu isn't concerned about anyone as he will dominate and consume all.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook