Missing person 2 / 67%
3 total votes

Booba

Jan 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2547 views)
Shortcut

Missing Experienced Climber in AZ-Justin Hall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hello. My brother, Justin Hall, age 40, has been missing since mid-September 2011. He is an extremely experienced climber/hiker (previously also hiked the AT). Do any of you guys know him? Can anyone help with the search? Law enforcement has been virtually useless, searching only within 1.5 miles of where he was housesitting and went missing. He could easily hike 33 miles a day on the AT, however he has had several laparascopic knee surgeries, which has left him with a lot of scar tissue and sore knees, so he has done more hiking than climbing lately. I live in VA (that is where he is from), but he lived in Flagstaff. Someone please know him or help me find him! I have no idea where to start, and I know a private detective would be of no use in a case like this. We don't know if he walked off, or if there was foul play, or if he went on the "ultimate hike." Climbing was his passion-and I know it is yours as well and no one else has really helped me. If anything, please look at his missing poster (that I will attempt to attach) and be on the lookout if you are hiking climbing in the Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Camp Verde, Happy Jack, and especially the Sedona area, be on the lookout. We miss him so, and think he could be injured or worse.
Attachments: Foo's pic.pdf (51.1 KB)

sungam

Feb 1, 2012, 7:38 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2418 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Booba] Missing Experienced Climber in AZ-Justin Hall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here's the pic. I really hope he is alright.

Gabel

Feb 2, 2012, 9:08 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn.

That's a long time to be gone and not a lot of information to use.

When and where was he last seen? What was the last communication with another person? Did he leave a car in a parking lot..etc.

Good luck.

Booba

Feb 2, 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #4 of 6 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gabel] Missing Experienced Climber in AZ-Justin Hall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread is also posted in the Arizona/New Mexico forum and it contains a lot more info about Justin. My parents talked to him by phone September 12th, and he went to pick up a broken chain saw on the 14th of September. He also went to BJ's and bought chips, beer, and a bag of potatoes on the 14th. That was last anyone saw or heard from him. Both of his vehicles, his wallet, cell phone, etc. was left at the house where he was house sitting. It is very little information. He either walked off on his own for the "ultimate hike" or foul play was involved. Since he didn't take his main water jug, I tend to go with foul play, but he wasn't reported missing until September 29th, because my parents usually talked to him once a week, and he hadn't called for 2 weeks, so we got worried and called the lady for whom he was house sitting-she works in the GC-she drove to her house and he was gone-but all of his stuff was there. I know it is very little to go on. I posted it here in the hopes that someone may be out on a climb or hike and see him or have heard of him at least.

gblauer

Feb 2, 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2215 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I sent this to Manny. He knows many of the Arizona climbers. He is in Thailand now, but, he does check his email.

Hopefully he, or someone close to him will know something.

Booba

Feb 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gblauer] Missing Experienced Climber in AZ-Justin Hall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks a lot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forums : Climbing Information : Accident and Incident Analysis

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$8.96 (10% off)
$53.96 (10% off)
$35.96 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook