Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Shelf road guide book
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tory_c89

Feb 3, 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1839 views)
Shortcut

Shelf road guide book  (North_America: United_States: Colorado: Southern_Colorado: Shelf_Road)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Does anyone have the Shelf Road Climbing: a complete guide by Bob D'Antonio and if you do, how is the book. Is it worth getting? I am looking to go there in a month or so and wanted to know if I should spend the thirty bucks on the book. Thanks.

shockabuku

Feb 3, 2012, 1:37 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1829 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tory_c89] Shelf road guide book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.mountainproject.com/v/106875137

Partner cracklover

Feb 3, 2012, 1:46 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tory_c89 wrote:
Does anyone have the Shelf Road Climbing: a complete guide by Bob D'Antonio and if you do, how is the book. Is it worth getting? I am looking to go there in a month or so and wanted to know if I should spend the thirty bucks on the book. Thanks.

What's your alternative? Do you have the previous book? Or are you thinking of going without a book?

It's a guidebook - it works. As guidebooks go, it's very pretty, not super-well organized, and is only slightly more up-to-date than the previous one. Of course it does have one of my routes in it, and pictures of me and my friends. But I'm not sure that's high on *your* list for guidebooks.

GO

tory_c89

Feb 3, 2012, 4:17 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Shelf road guide book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was looking at other guides that maybe there. The one review that I did find and read was not very good so looking at other options. Is the old book better? How many more routes does it add?

shockabuku

Feb 4, 2012, 9:10 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't imagine price differences are terribly significant compared to the overall cost of the trip. I'd get the new one, especially if you're going to go back at all. But then I like guidebooks.

I have the 2005 Sharp End book - it works fine and I have had no problem finding fun routes to climb but I haven't spent weeks there either.

I have a friend who has an older black and white only Shelf guide which is clearly well out of date.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook