RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

58engine

Feb 14, 2012, 3:17 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1810 views)
Shortcut

Teach me!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What's up world! I'm looking hard to find some folks to go climbing with. I need to go out with folks to learn as I climb. I have climbed in the past and am great with rigging. I'm a Baltimore city fireman so I have fire service knoledge of ropes and knots as well as various hauling systems. I'm 28 and in good shape, I can hold my own. I live in prince William county Virginia but willing to drive just about anywhere. Please help me learn. Have my own gear. Let's do this!!

sungam

Feb 14, 2012, 4:00 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [58engine] Teach me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in a different continent, so I can't teach you myself, but I do know that theoretically Virginia isn't that far from West Virginia, where the New River Gorge is. Shouldn't be a problem to find a willing teacher/partner for the gorge, 'specially if you buy the beers etc.

williams122

Mar 7, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Re: [58engine] Teach me! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to live down in that area - try Sportrock in Alexandria, VA - bit of a drive but you can at least get started there - they have an intro to top roping course that will get you going, and you can look for a partner there during the class, or around the gym after the class. If solo, you can alwats boulder - they have some pretty nice bouldering walls...

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook