RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

Marc1

Feb 19, 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #1 of 3 (691 views)
Shortcut

monerrat / catlunya
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

thinking of climbing here end of april early may for a week - will be solid five plus on sport and vs trad by then id hope - climbed on and off for a while but getting back into it now - so going to try and get a few trips in to improve - any beta on this place - where to stay - is it easy to find parners travelling solo - is it doable without a car - have full trad rack as well - half rope and whatevers needed - have contacted guides in the area so waiting to see what they come back with - anybody thinking off going and need a partner - if so can lighten your load and ill bring half my rack - anyways any beta much appreciated - cheers in advance -

csproul

Feb 20, 2012, 7:15 PM
Post #2 of 3 (665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] monerrat / catlunya [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll assume you meant Montserrat? I don't know about finding partners, but I was there in October. I was with family and didn't do any climbing but I can tell you that it was super easy to get to without a car. We took a train from Barcelona and there is a cable car to the monastery. From there you can take a rack up further or start walking. We saw several parties out climbing and it looked like fun.

blakey

Feb 20, 2012, 8:32 PM
Post #3 of 3 (658 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] monerrat / catlunya [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you just talking about Montserrat or Catalunya generally? If the latter, one place accessible without a car is at Cellers train station on the Lleida to Tremp line. (the trains still stop but the old station is a refugio with a proper restaurant). You are bound to meet other climbers there. I believe there are some grade 5 multi-pitches at Terradets. An alternative also on that train line is Sant Llorenc; there is a bar in the main street where climbers hang out. I believe they have reasonably-priced rooms. The black pudding sausage is divine. The local crag is fairly hard but if you bump into someone with a car there is a ton of easier stuff at Camarasa. Another place accesible on the bus from Barca is Col de Nargo where you can wild camp at the col by the crag. Again its worth finding someone with a car to get from there to some of the other crags such as Perles. Lastly, Collegats has lots of easier stuff; whatever the nearby town is (Tremp?) there is a camp site although its too far to walk to the crag - again bump into someone with a car.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook