First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

traddad

Feb 21, 2012, 5:25 AM
Post #1 of 38 (1907 views)
Shortcut

The War on Girl Scouts
Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeebus, the syphilitic brains of the Teahadist wing of the Republican party (by wing, I mean almost the whole fucking party) has been hard at work stabbing pencils into their collective chests and coming up with bugfuck insane shit like this:

In reply to:
An Indiana lawmaker has decided not to support a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts because he feels the group is a "radicalized organization" that "sexualizes" young girls and promotes homosexuality.
In a letter sent to Indiana lawmakers obtained by the Journal Gazette, Rep. Bob Morris (R-Fort Wayne) said he plans to pull his two daughters out of their Indiana Girl Scout troop because information he found online about how the organization allegedly operates. One source he mentions is conservative "news" site World Net Daily.

The Associated Press reports:

... Morris said he found online allegations that the Girl Scouts are a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood, encourage sex and allow transgender females to join. He also wrote that the fact that first lady Michelle Obama is honorary president should give lawmakers pause before they endorse the Girl Scouts.
Morris goes on to say those considered role models by the Girl Scouts are all "feminists, lesbians, or Communists" and claims that troops are no longer allowed to pray or sing Christmas Carols.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...aw-ma_n_1289489.html

...and people wonder why there aren't any reasonable (reasonable? I'd settle for marginally sane) republican candidates for president.

(This post was edited by traddad on Feb 21, 2012, 5:30 AM)

scrapedape

Feb 21, 2012, 6:19 AM
Post #2 of 38 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It must warm your heart when a story like this originates somewhere other than Arizona.

traddad

Feb 21, 2012, 6:34 AM
Post #3 of 38 (1891 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrapedape] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:
It must warm your heart when a story like this originates somewhere other than Arizona.

Indeed.

scrapedape

Feb 21, 2012, 6:36 AM
Post #4 of 38 (1891 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Allow me a more serious reply.

The real reason that I find this story so disturbing is not his ultimate decision per se, but rather what his letter reveals about how he arrived at that decision. His apparent willingness to blindly trust sources on the internet is dismaying, as is his failure to consider alternative explanations (Why is Michelle Obama the honorary president? Could it possibly be because First Ladies have traditionally held this role?)

This reveals a catastrophic inability to distinguish good information from bad, or to construct insightful mental models of how the world works. In short, his letter indicates that he lacks precisely those skills most important in government.

traddad

Feb 21, 2012, 6:49 AM
Post #5 of 38 (1884 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:

The real reason that I find this story so disturbing is not his ultimate decision per se, but rather what his letter reveals about how he arrived at that decision. His apparent willingness to blindly trust sources on the internet is dismaying, as is his failure to consider alternative explanations (Why is Michelle Obama the honorary president? Could it possibly be because First Ladies have traditionally held this role?)

This reveals a catastrophic inability to distinguish good information from bad, or to construct insightful mental models of how the world works. In short, his letter indicates that he lacks precisely those skills most important in government.

If you strip away the bugfuck insane homophobia and misogyny, the really disturbing issue is the lack of skepticism. Must be something in the Kool Ade.

curt

Feb 21, 2012, 7:03 AM
Post #6 of 38 (1880 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:

From the Republican dictionary:

Fact: "something you heard or read somewhere that you happen to agree with."

Curt

Partner macherry

Feb 21, 2012, 7:04 AM
Post #7 of 38 (1878 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
[image]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/506064/thumbs/r-BOB-MORRIS-GIRL-SCOUTS-large570.jpg[/image]

Jeebus, the syphilitic brains of the Teahadist wing of the Republican party (by wing, I mean almost the whole fucking party) has been hard at work stabbing pencils into their collective chests and coming up with bugfuck insane shit like this:

In reply to:
An Indiana lawmaker has decided not to support a resolution celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts because he feels the group is a "radicalized organization" that "sexualizes" young girls and promotes homosexuality.
In a letter sent to Indiana lawmakers obtained by the Journal Gazette, Rep. Bob Morris (R-Fort Wayne) said he plans to pull his two daughters out of their Indiana Girl Scout troop because information he found online about how the organization allegedly operates. One source he mentions is conservative "news" site World Net Daily.

... Morris said he found online allegations that the Girl Scouts are a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood, encourage sex and allow transgender females to join. He also wrote that the fact that first lady Michelle Obama is honorary president should give lawmakers pause before they endorse the Girl Scouts.
Morris goes on to say those considered role models by the Girl Scouts are all "feminists, lesbians, or Communists" and claims that troops are no longer allowed to pray or sing Christmas Carols.

...and people wonder why there aren't any reasonable (reasonable? I'd settle for marginally sane) republican candidates for president.

he get's the "oh for fuck sakes award" for the morning!!!

as a former girl guide leader i can attest that we did not have any lesbian cults or hand out birth control pills.

and we did have xmas parties and sing christmas carols

lena_chita

Feb 21, 2012, 7:45 AM
Post #8 of 38 (1864 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
traddad wrote:
[image]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/506064/thumbs/r-BOB-MORRIS-GIRL-SCOUTS-large570.jpg[/image]

In reply to:

as a former girl guide leader i can attest that we did not have any lesbian cults or hand out birth control pills.

Offering any examples that refute anything in that sort of a letter is not necessary. Paraphrasing a common saying, it wastes your time, and annoys the idiot.

Partner macherry

Feb 21, 2012, 7:50 AM
Post #9 of 38 (1862 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
macherry wrote:
traddad wrote:

In reply to:

Offering any examples that refute anything in that sort of a letter is not necessary. Paraphrasing a common saying, it wastes your time, and annoys the idiot.

it was offered in jest........you cannot refute that kind of crap!

scrapedape

Feb 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #10 of 38 (1830 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Rep. Morris has also been active with the Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce and has worked with the Northeast Indiana Corporate Council addressing the issue of “brain-drain”

He needs to work harder.

http://www.in.gov/...omepages/r84/bio.htm

Partner rrrADAM

Feb 21, 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #11 of 38 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:

In reply to:

regarding the red font... My son is in the cub scouts, and they do not admit anyone who does not believe in god, and they do pray, although not "religiously", as they rearely do it... And, they sang X-Mas Carols last 2 X-Masses... I know, 'cause I went with 'em, and even sang. (hehe... an atheist sing x-mas carols in the bible belt Shocked)

My guess is thet he is like Ken Ham is in regards to homosexuals, who has had penis in his mouth and is so ashamed he now over compensates and claims to be anti homo... So my guess is this douche just likes it too much when they come to his door selling Girl Scout Cookies, so he's over compensating.

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Feb 21, 2012, 12:39 PM)

dr_feelgood

Feb 21, 2012, 1:56 PM
Post #12 of 38 (1792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:

In reply to:

Feminist Lesbian Communists.... HAWT!

petsfed

Feb 21, 2012, 2:29 PM
Post #13 of 38 (1780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Feminist Lesbian Communists.... HAWT!

from tshirthell.com

pinktricam

Feb 21, 2012, 2:41 PM
Post #14 of 38 (1777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This reminds me of that old joke...

What do you call a black girl scout?

A Brownie!

But, on a serious note, the GSA's national leadership has made some pretty weird decisions recently. Take for instance that weirdness of forcing a Colorado troop to accept the little boy that "identified" as a girl. If you don't think that's kinda crazy, then you're probably from Arizona.

traddad

Feb 21, 2012, 2:47 PM
Post #15 of 38 (1774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

A Brownie!

But, on a serious note, the GSA's national leadership has made some pretty weird decisions recently. Take for instance that weirdness of forcing a Colorado troop to accept the little boy that "identified" as a girl. If you don't think that's kinda crazy, then you're probably from Arizona.

Yeah...I'm from Arizona.

Partner macherry

Feb 21, 2012, 3:20 PM
Post #16 of 38 (1766 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

A Brownie!

fuck you and your racist joke.

pinkie hates the transgendered too!

petsfed

Feb 21, 2012, 3:30 PM
Post #17 of 38 (1763 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Totally the national council forcing a troop to accept the kid, not an individual troop leader being unfamiliar with the rules of the organization and refusing to act based on fear of some hypothetical reprisal. Not at all the latter. Nope, just the girl scouts forcing their agenda on all of those innocent, straight, future house-wives.

How you fucked that one up so bad, I may never know. Seriously Pink, its like you specifically remembered it opposite of how it actually happened.

petsfed

Feb 21, 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #18 of 38 (1756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Funny but true: in response to what he thought was the growing feminization of boys, Baden Powell formed the Boy Scouts as a way to encourage boys to be more manly. Thus, camping, trapping, shooting, and other, traditionally masculine activities, were the core of the Boy Scouts. Female siblings of Boy Scouts, jealous of their fun times in the outdoors, lobbied for something similar, so Campfire Girls was formed. At its core, the Campfire Girls existed to get girls out in the woods, but still be basically feminine, focusing on sewing, cooking, etc.

The Girl Scouts, however, formed in response to the Campfire Girls, noting that what the female siblings really wanted to do was camp, trap, shoot, etc. Thus, the Girl Scouts really are a basically feminist organization in the sense that they were founded to challenge the idea of intrinsic gender roles, and the idea that the things Boy Scouts did were basically manly or that the skills and ideals celebrated therein were only of value when practiced by men.

Moreover, the Girl Scouts have encouraged the sort of feminism that isn't "its only chauvinism when men do it" (which has led to a horrifying antifeminism movement in the US that works against the considerable strides towards true gender equality made in the last century), but rather a basic rejection of social gender roles as intrinsically biological.

dr_feelgood

Feb 21, 2012, 5:39 PM
Post #19 of 38 (1731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

A Brownie!

What do you call a racists asshole from florida?

Pinktricam!

Partner rrrADAM

Feb 21, 2012, 5:49 PM
Post #20 of 38 (1725 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
Seriously Pink, its like you specifically remembered it opposite of how it actually happened.

There are years worth of his "reasoning" (read ill-informed opinons) here on this site that show just this very pattern... I have to admit though, at least he is consistant, as he is out in left field more often than not, and many times on another baseball diamond alltogether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...ionism_(negationism)

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Feb 21, 2012, 5:51 PM)

Partner j_ung

Feb 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #21 of 38 (1639 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

scrapedape wrote:

"Tea Party," in other words.

Partner cracklover

Feb 22, 2012, 4:28 PM
Post #22 of 38 (1610 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

A Brownie!

Nah, you got the joke wrong. It goes like this: When does a Cub Scout become a Boy Scout? When he eats his first Brownie.

GO

Partner cracklover

Feb 22, 2012, 4:31 PM
Post #23 of 38 (1609 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
The Girl Scouts, however, formed in response to the Campfire Girls, noting that what the female siblings really wanted to do was camp, trap, shoot, etc. Thus, the Girl Scouts really are a basically feminist organization in the sense that they were founded to challenge the idea of intrinsic gender roles, and the idea that the things Boy Scouts did were basically manly or that the skills and ideals celebrated therein were only of value when practiced by men.

It's funny to hear that history, because I knew a girl who was in Girl Scouts, and she was always jealous, because those things above were the kinds of things she *wanted* to do, but the troupe always did "girlier" stuff.

Ma - what was your experience like?

GO

Partner macherry

Feb 22, 2012, 7:22 PM
Post #24 of 38 (1591 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] The War on Girl Scouts [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
petsfed wrote:

It's funny to hear that history, because I knew a girl who was in Girl Scouts, and she was always jealous, because those things above were the kinds of things she *wanted* to do, but the troupe always did "girlier" stuff.

Ma - what was your experience like?

GO

we did a mix of stuff, but being in the mountains, we did lots of camping; summer and winter, we did survival skills, orienteering, hiking. the girly girl stuff were usually crafts done for sales, events. but, we would make survival kits too! the girls seemed to be happier and much more manageable outside

pinktricam

Feb 22, 2012, 8:42 PM
Post #25 of 38 (1577 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Totally the national council forcing a troop to accept the kid, not an individual troop leader being unfamiliar with the rules of the organization and refusing to act based on fear of some hypothetical reprisal. Not at all the latter. Nope, just the girl scouts forcing their agenda on all of those innocent, straight, future house-wives.

How you fucked that one up so bad, I may never know. Seriously Pink, its like you specifically remembered it opposite of how it actually happened.

Dude, it may not have been the "national" leadership forcing the troop's acceptance of that poor screwed up kid, but it was still Colorado's "state" leadership...whatever it was, it's still ridiculous.

It's because of this type embracing of the homosexual agenda that I won't be buying any more boxes of Thin Mints.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$16.16 (10% off)
$17.06 (10% off)
$12.56 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook