I_do

Feb 21, 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #1 of 16 (945 views)
Shortcut

Die granpa, die.
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.ibtimes.com/...s-dutch-backlash.htm

So it's not really news (GOP candidate is retards) but hey it's my country! Almost as good as the amsterdam shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8bc_ZyORbM

I'll asume most people voting for Santorum or watching fox news are not evil, just had an accidental frontal lobotomy.

Now excuse me while I go smother my grandparents.

styndall

Feb 22, 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #2 of 16 (897 views)
Shortcut

Re: [I_do] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I went to school in Leiden, I actually participated in a few of these. I felt bad, of course, but what can you do? Society needed these old people's bicycles.

I_do

Feb 22, 2012, 2:11 PM
Post #3 of 16 (870 views)
Shortcut

Re: [styndall] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
When I went to school in Leiden, I actually participated in a few of these. I felt bad, of course, but what can you do? Society needed these old people's bicycles.

I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you for getting rid of some costly elderly!

Partner cracklover

Feb 22, 2012, 4:01 PM
Post #4 of 16 (857 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I_do wrote:

So it's not really news (GOP candidate is retards) but hey it's my country! Almost as good as the amsterdam shit.

I'll asume most people voting for Santorum or watching fox news are not evil, just had an accidental frontal lobotomy.

Enlighten us, what is the program really?

In the US we spend some fantastic amount of $$ (it's like half of all health-care expense or something) on the very end of life. If there's a better solution, I'd be very curious to hear more about it.

GO

dan2see

Feb 22, 2012, 8:46 PM
Post #5 of 16 (847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
... Enlighten us, what is the program really? ...

Fact-free politics.

I_do

Feb 22, 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #6 of 16 (839 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
I_do wrote:

In the US we spend some fantastic amount of $$ (it's like half of all health-care expense or something) on the very end of life. If there's a better solution, I'd be very curious to hear more about it.

GO

Don't know if you could really call it a program but the situation is like this. If you are in insufferable pain without the chance to recover you can get euthanasia. If the doctor doesn't want to help you they are required to find you someone who does, there's also organisations helping people.

It really is the ultimate freedom really which should appeal to americans, but probably doesn't. You seem to be very selective in the freedoms you appreciate (you the average american not you the cracklover).

In practice these are mostly people who don't have very long to live and don't want to fight anymore for an extra month of pain, but want to leave with some dignity.

Ido

Partner cracklover

Feb 23, 2012, 8:22 AM
Post #7 of 16 (825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I_do wrote:
cracklover wrote:
I_do wrote:

GO

Don't know if you could really call it a program but the situation is like this. If you are in insufferable pain without the chance to recover you can get euthanasia. If the doctor doesn't want to help you they are required to find you someone who does, there's also organisations helping people.

It really is the ultimate freedom really which should appeal to americans, but probably doesn't. You seem to be very selective in the freedoms you appreciate (you the average american not you the cracklover).

In practice these are mostly people who don't have very long to live and don't want to fight anymore for an extra month of pain, but want to leave with some dignity.

Ido

Sounds great, sign me up!

GO

Partner j_ung

Feb 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #8 of 16 (814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I_do wrote:

I think that's probably true of just about every country built around a democratic model. We all seem to agree on the really important things like the freedom to steal, rape and murder. We disagree on the freedom to marry who you love and light bulbs.

I_do

Feb 23, 2012, 3:42 PM
Post #9 of 16 (783 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
I_do wrote:

I think that's probably true of just about every country built around a democratic model. We all seem to agree on the really important things like the freedom to steal, rape and murder. We disagree on the freedom to marry who you love and light bulbs.

Well let's give you an example and then see if you've got something to match.

I don't see how people think they need a gun. Around here noone has a gun and I don't think society suffers.

So which liberties which are unimportant are we defending?

guangzhou

Feb 23, 2012, 5:16 PM
Post #10 of 16 (776 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The way I see it, individual American's want the freedom they like, but don't want others to have freedoms they don't appreciate themselves.

Freedom of choice is the American man's biggest fear. (Not just sexually related)

Freedom is about choice, the choice of either being or not being like my neighbor. Even within the climbing world, climbers like to restrict other climbers' freedom of choice. My way, not your way.

Partner j_ung

Feb 23, 2012, 5:41 PM
Post #11 of 16 (775 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I_do wrote:
j_ung wrote:
I_do wrote:

Well let's give you an example and then see if you've got something to match.

I don't see how people think they need a gun. Around here noone has a gun and I don't think society suffers.

So which liberties which are unimportant are we defending?

We pretty much disagree a lot on guns, too. I don't have a statistic to cite, but I'd guess we're somewhere near half pro gun and half anti. We tend to polarize like that pretty often. Guns, abortion, climate change...

We're above sea level. Tongue

squierbypetzl

Feb 23, 2012, 6:31 PM
Post #12 of 16 (768 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
The way I see it, individual American's want the freedom they like, but don't want others to have freedoms they don't appreciate themselves.

Freedom of choice is the American man's biggest fear. (Not just sexually related)

Everyone does that. Stereotypical conservatives want to supress values they see as threatening to their way of life, and stereotypical liberals want want to supress the conservative values they see as threatening their and others' ways of life. In a way, the USA is one of the most tolerant countries in the world.

Don't drag guns into this, please, one controversial topic per thread at a time.

On the bright side, at least santorum didn't claim the dutch had taken to producing soylent green.

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #13 of 16 (754 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Christ all mighty! Santorum is such a nightmare. Thankfully he is unelectable in a general election.

guangzhou

Feb 23, 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #14 of 16 (747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Christ all mighty! Santorum is such a nightmare. Thankfully he is unelectable in a general election.

Never count your chick before they hatch.

Partner j_ung

Feb 24, 2012, 4:19 AM
Post #15 of 16 (732 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Agreed! I'd love the comedic value of Santorum as the Republican nominee. But then, what if something totally unforeseen happened, and there's an October Obama surprise that renders him even more unelectable than Santorum? Ouch.

notapplicable

Feb 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #16 of 16 (704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Die granpa, die. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
guangzhou wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Agreed! I'd love the comedic value of Santorum as the Republican nominee. But then, what if something totally unforeseen happened, and there's an October Obama surprise that renders him even more unelectable than Santorum? Ouch.

Thats true. If someone finds his kenyan birth certificate before the election Santorum will walk away with it.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$10.89 (10% off)
$16.16 (10% off)
$2.25 (10% off)
$14.36 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook