Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Top Roping?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tyfo911

Feb 19, 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2816 views)
Shortcut

Top Roping?  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Riverside_Rock_Quarry)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Is there any top roping possible or is everything lead? thanks

sshiflett

Feb 23, 2012, 2:39 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2742 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tyfo911] Top Roping? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The quarry is almost exclusively a lead area. There are a few climbs you could top rope in the Metro area if you scrambled up to the sidewalk ledge below Gumption. The only other option is to lower in from the top of the quarry which is very scary unless you know where you're going and have a very long rope. There are some very easy climbs (5.0 - 5.6) in the Schoolhouse Rock area and Fun Factory that would allow you to put of a couple ropes, but you would still need to lead those easy routes. Hope this helps.

tyfo911

Feb 23, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #3 of 7 (2720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sshiflett] Top Roping? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks a lot sshiflett
still have yet to go there but really excited to check it out, weve been renovating frustration creek in the san bernardino mtns so if you have time you should check it out.

kennoyce

Feb 23, 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #4 of 7 (2692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tyfo911 wrote:
thanks a lot sshiflett
still have yet to go there but really excited to check it out, weve been renovating frustration creek in the san bernardino mtns so if you have time you should check it out.

your best bet for TRs is at schoolhouse rock, you can scramble up the 5.0 (my hero zero) to set up a TR over the 5.6 next to it (don't worry, it you don't want to scramble up the 5.0 there are bolts every two feet on the way up it so that you can lead/TR it).

Also I'm just curious about what has been done at Frustration Creek?

tyfo911

Feb 24, 2012, 3:38 AM
Post #5 of 7 (2645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kennoyce] Top Roping? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yea we just have alot weekenders in our group of friends and not alot of them are comfortable on lead so i guess we will have to just set it for them on alot of stuff. just a lot of cleaning stuff up at frustration. building some belay areas and cleaning alot of holds. nothing real big just nobody had posted in so long that it figured that things were still demolished and there actually looking pretty good. nice new rope for the upper tier access and webbing for some sketchy moves and of course louie has been bolting some stuff withen the last couple years by the looks of it alot of hardware looks pretty new. think he is working on a guidebook as well.

ianmeister89

Feb 24, 2012, 4:39 AM
Post #6 of 7 (2640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

-Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the new stuff you're seeing is work of dedicated locals.

-Ian

tyfo911

Feb 24, 2012, 5:00 AM
Post #7 of 7 (2633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ianmeister89] Top Roping? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well in that case thank you locals, I actually live 10 min from frustration so becoming a frequent crag. would love to find some more climbers to climb with there and see someone climb some of the 5.13's on the upper tier ha. Happy sending

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook