Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Access Fund Action Alert: North Carolina State Parks Under Threat of Seasonal Closure
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

notapplicable

Feb 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1102 views)
Shortcut

Access Fund Action Alert: North Carolina State Parks Under Threat of Seasonal Closure  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I can understand their budget concerns but MAN would that suck for those on us who rely on climbing in NC State Parks to get us thru the winter months. If you care, speak up!

In reply to:
Due to budget concerns, North Carolina is considering an annual closure of all state parks between December and February. Based on a recent legislative committee report, the move is estimated to save $2.4 million dollars annually.

Climbing areas affected by the closure would include: Rumbling Bald, Stone Mountain, Pilot Mountain, Crowder’s Mountain, Dixon School Road boulders, Cook’s Wall, Moore’s Wall, and Two Mile. In addition to climbing, North Carolina state parks provide a wide range of recreational opportunities such as running, hiking, cycling, camping, boating, and horseback riding.

http://www.accessfund.org/...08267&aid=517256

Rmsyll2

Feb 24, 2012, 1:45 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1083 views)
Shortcut

Re: NC parks closure [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just heard by p.m., just sent my custom letter. Who's next?

shockabuku

Feb 24, 2012, 2:11 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Access Fund Action Alert: North Carolina State Parks Under Threat of Seasonal Closure [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I can understand their budget concerns but MAN would that suck for those on us who rely on climbing in NC State Parks to get us thru the winter months. If you care, speak up!

In reply to:
Due to budget concerns, North Carolina is considering an annual closure of all state parks between December and February. Based on a recent legislative committee report, the move is estimated to save $2.4 million dollars annually.

Climbing areas affected by the closure would include: Rumbling Bald, Stone Mountain, Pilot Mountain, Crowder’s Mountain, Dixon School Road boulders, Cook’s Wall, Moore’s Wall, and Two Mile. In addition to climbing, North Carolina state parks provide a wide range of recreational opportunities such as running, hiking, cycling, camping, boating, and horseback riding.

http://www.accessfund.org/...08267&aid=517256

Okay, I gotta say that I don't find the AF Action site page useful.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook