Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

traddad

Mar 1, 2012, 5:33 AM
Post #1 of 13 (1057 views)
Shortcut

I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep.
Report this Post
Can't Post

Stole this:
In reply to:
The smaller bonus checks that hit accounts across the financial-services industry this month are making it difficult to maintain the lifestyles that Wall Street workers expect, according to interviews with bankers and their accountants, therapists, advisers and headhunters.

“People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

styndall

Mar 1, 2012, 6:40 AM
Post #2 of 13 (1054 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu

Mar 1, 2012, 7:29 AM
Post #3 of 13 (1043 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
“People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

Man I really feel for those guys. The stress they're feeling must be heart-wrenching. How can the rest of us possibly understand their pain?

traddad

Mar 1, 2012, 7:37 AM
Post #4 of 13 (1035 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ubu] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
In reply to:

Man I really feel for those guys. The stress they're feeling must be heart-wrenching. How can the rest of us possibly understand their pain?

Mitt understands. Mitt feels your pain.

overlord

Mar 1, 2012, 8:21 AM
Post #5 of 13 (1024 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ubu] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
In reply to:

just imagine what the neighbours would say...

styndall

Mar 1, 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #6 of 13 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita

Mar 1, 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #7 of 13 (1000 views)
Shortcut

Re: [overlord] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

overlord wrote:
ubu wrote:
In reply to:

just imagine what the neighbours would say...

overlord's back!

... oh, and the neighbors are busy secretly selling off their designer handbags and Manolo Blahnik shoes to finance Junior's trip to Paris for his spring break.

Never before have they been in such dire straits!

hobgoblin11

Mar 1, 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #8 of 13 (985 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wow.. an entire thread devoted to envy..

Im sure this will be entertaining.

traddad

Mar 1, 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #9 of 13 (981 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hobgoblin11] I weep for the plight of the wealthy. Weep. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hobgoblin11 wrote:
wow.. an entire thread devoted to envy..

Im sure this will be entertaining.

Wow, an entire post steming from kool-ade consumption and talking points regurgitation.

I'll give it a T1+ becaused I laughed a bit.

hobgoblin11

Mar 1, 2012, 2:23 PM
Post #10 of 13 (974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:

Wow, an entire post steming from kool-ade consumption and talking points regurgitation.

Kool-aide and regurgitated talking points because I dont blame others for my plight? LOL.

It must REALLY suck going through life having so many keeping you all down.. damn evil rich people and their greed.. damn them to hell!!!!!!!!!!!

feel better now?

Toast_in_the_Machine

Mar 1, 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #11 of 13 (965 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hobgoblin11 wrote:
traddad wrote:

Kool-aide and regurgitated talking points because I dont blame others for my plight? LOL.

It must REALLY suck going through life having so many keeping you all down.. damn evil rich people and their greed.. damn them to hell!!!!!!!!!!!

feel better now?

You should envy all of the subtle clues you missed.

ubu

Mar 1, 2012, 4:19 PM
Post #12 of 13 (958 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hobgoblin11 wrote:
traddad wrote:

feel better now?

Good:
Rich people who realize their wealth, regardless of how it was obtained, provides a buffer against the harsh reality faced by the vast majority of people in this world.

Bad:
Rich people who whine about how "people who don’t have money don’t understand the stress" because they might have to suffer the indignity of pulling their kids out of private school until the stock market hits 13,000 again (oh wait).

See how that works?

Partner macherry

Mar 1, 2012, 6:12 PM
Post #13 of 13 (930 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hobgoblin11 wrote:
traddad wrote:

feel better now?

the election year trolls have arrived.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook