Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Routes near bullhead city/needles
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Vincearoo

Mar 1, 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1588 views)
Shortcut

Routes near bullhead city/needles  (North_America: United_States: Arizona)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, sorry if this been discussed before. Although it maybe be nice for a fresh voice anyways to chime in.

I just moved to needles (I work in bullhead city) and I am completely bored out of my mind and am having troubles finding routes near where I live.

I don't have any rope, mainly I've done bouldering with occasional roping.
Haven't climbed in a year, but I was climbing v2 ish climbs out in J tree and the Tram in california.

Anyways, any areas nearby? Hopefully at around an hour or less?

rocker1525

Mar 2, 2012, 9:56 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Vincearoo] Routes near bullhead city/needles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'm from kingman myself and there is a really nice area in golden valley, maybe 30+ routes. We are currently working on making the hand drawn guide a little better and possibly posting it online.
Hit me up on Facebook and lets climb some time!
Chris simmons

boulderstash

Apr 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Vincearoo] Routes near bullhead city/needles [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Below I have pasted another discussion I posted on. The directions form that post are from the opposite direction. You would head through Kingman on the 40 to the 93 and head south towards wickenburg. and they will be on your right around the turn off to Baghdad.

Re: [Link1230] bouldering near Wickenburg search for that discussion under phoenix area...
If you travel north from Wickenburg on the 93 for about an hour there are obvious boulders on the West side of the road (the southbound side). I have never climbed them or explored the area on foot. However, it looks to be white granite and a fairly heavy concentration. I am going off my memory from driving to vegas. You travel North on 93. They are near the area where you see a lot of joshua trees and there are fun hills on the roadway near wikup. Again, I want to say they are about an hour from Wickenburg, if you reach the 40 you have gone too far.

The area spoken of is before the turn off to Bagdad along hwy 93. Lots of granite boulders along the road.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$12.56 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook