24 total votes

Partner cracklover

Mar 5, 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #1 of 28 (2685 views)
Shortcut

Rush Limbaugh and birth control
Report this Post
Can't Post

What do you think will happen to Rush over his latest shock jock flap?

GO

traddad

Mar 5, 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #2 of 28 (2675 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So far he's lost eight sponsors and has had the likes of George Will and John McCain taking him to task.....wait...those guys are Fucking Liberals....nevermind.

lena_chita

Mar 5, 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #3 of 28 (2661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, some sponsors already left, and he already apologized.

So I am guessing it will be business as usual in couple months.

pinktricam

Mar 5, 2012, 3:35 PM
Post #4 of 28 (2633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Who gives a rip, the guy's a clown.

I'll take mine with maple syrup, please.

Partner happiegrrrl

Mar 5, 2012, 3:47 PM
Post #5 of 28 (2625 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He's lost a LOT of sponsors. Why would you say "keeps sponsors" as an option?

What will happen? It will blow over in a few more days as the next "topic du jpur" political fiasco comes to the media, some of those ad-pullers will quietly return; others will not. Rush lose his job? Doubtful, since the bullshit he slings in a hot commodity.

One thing it has shown, though, is just HOW mysogynistic some men in this country can be(based on the continuation of focusing on "Fluke as a (negative term)" instead of the fucking topic(which could either be health care or Limbaugh as a tool). Some people have really shown their true colors and unlike a mass media story, that won't be forgotten so quickly.

curt

Mar 5, 2012, 5:01 PM
Post #6 of 28 (2610 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

GO

Hopefully he will be fired--ala Don Imus over the Rutger's women's basketball team comments--but I'm not holding my breath.

Curt

pinktricam

Mar 5, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #7 of 28 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Hopefully he will be fired--ala Don Imus over the Rutger's women's basketball team comments--but I'm not holding my breath.

Curt

He won't be fired. He'll continue his clownish ways much in the vein of Stern, Beck, Traddad, O'Reilly rrradam, et al. Their ignorance and outrageousness is expected.

The outrage is what's happening in Moskow, Syria, the BP gulf oil settlement, or in Eric Holder's office and his handling (or lack thereof) of the "Fast and Furious" gun running to south of the border drug thugs.

PS: Imus was dead long before he was buried.

curt

Mar 5, 2012, 5:31 PM
Post #8 of 28 (2598 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Curt

He won't be fired. He'll continue his clownish ways much in the vein of Stern, Beck, Traddad, O'Reilly rrradam, et al. Their ignorance and outrageousness is expected.

The outrage is what's happening in Moskow, Syria, the BP gulf oil settlement, or in Eric Holder's office and his handling (or lack thereof) of the "Fast and Furious" gun running to south of the border drug thugs.

PS: Imus was dead long before he was buried.

Unlike Jesus, Imus was actually resurrected.

http://www.imus.com/

Curt

veganclimber

Mar 6, 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #9 of 28 (2566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

Curt

How about this instead?

http://news.yahoo.com/...rians-043448909.html

In reply to:
Despite the uproar against conservative radio giant Rush Limbaugh for his choice of words last week when referring to a 30-year-old contraception advocate, the Missouri State Capitol will be honoring Limbaugh with a bust of his likeness in the Hall of Famous Missourians.

pinktricam

Mar 6, 2012, 3:58 AM
Post #10 of 28 (2546 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:

Curt

Your thoughts are understandable. You've had no personal experience with Jesus.

traddad

Mar 6, 2012, 5:03 AM
Post #11 of 28 (2534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:

Curt

Neither do you.

chadnsc

Mar 6, 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #12 of 28 (2489 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Pinky, you're a pitiful, shallow, vindictive child. Grow up.

pinktricam

Mar 6, 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #13 of 28 (2485 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Pinky, you're a pitiful, shallow, vindictive child. Grow up.

Check.

petsfed

Mar 6, 2012, 4:24 PM
Post #14 of 28 (2455 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
How about this instead?

In reply to:
Despite the uproar against conservative radio giant Rush Limbaugh for his choice of words last week when referring to a 30-year-old contraception advocate, the Missouri State Capitol will be honoring Limbaugh with a bust of his likeness in the Hall of Famous Missourians.

Its Missouri. A Missourian doing anything noteworthy is reason enough to celebrate there.

Partner j_ung

Mar 6, 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #15 of 28 (2438 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:

Curt

Neither do you.

The most amazing thing that could possibly happen right now is if pinktricam turned out to really be drkodos.

Partner j_ung

Mar 6, 2012, 6:22 PM
Post #16 of 28 (2435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:

What will happen? It will blow over in a few more days as the next "topic du jpur" political fiasco comes to the media, some of those ad-pullers will quietly return; others will not. Rush lose his job? Doubtful, since the bullshit he slings in a hot commodity.

One thing it has shown, though, is just HOW mysogynistic some men in this country can be(based on the continuation of focusing on "Fluke as a (negative term)" instead of the fucking topic(which could either be health care or Limbaugh as a tool). Some people have really shown their true colors and unlike a mass media story, that won't be forgotten so quickly.

Agreed! As sponsors began to slough off like dead snake skin my thoughts wavered back and forth between, "It's about time those fuckers found a line they won't cross," and, "What do you know? They actually do have a line."

How thick will the line end up being? Nobody really knows, but will anybody be genuinely surprised if its wafer thin?

Partner cracklover

Mar 7, 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #17 of 28 (2373 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sarah Palin needs to get in on the 15 minutes of media attention: Sarah Palin defends Rush Limbaugh

GO

pinktricam

Mar 7, 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #18 of 28 (2352 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

Agreed! As sponsors began to slough off like dead snake skin my thoughts wavered back and forth between, "It's about time those fuckers found a line they won't cross," and, "What do you know? They actually do have a line."

How thick will the line end up being? Nobody really knows, but will anybody be genuinely surprised if its wafer thin?

Really? There's a "line"?

Then somebody better inform Bill Mahar!

Toast_in_the_Machine

Mar 9, 2012, 9:36 PM
Post #19 of 28 (2291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
j_ung wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

Bill M publicly defended Rush over this.

pinktricam

Mar 9, 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #20 of 28 (2286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
j_ung wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

I suppose he would. That's my point, Mahar's been doing the same thing for years.

Where was the "outrage" then?

Partner rrrADAM

Mar 10, 2012, 3:18 AM
Post #21 of 28 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
j_ung wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

I suppose he would. That's my point, Mahar's been doing the same thing for years.

Where was the "outrage" then?

As usual, I think you are missing the point... Would Rush defend Bill?

Now, for the bonus point you are sure to miss... Who do you think is more likely to defend an opponent (of any kind): A lefty or a righty?

Note - I suspect your answer (or non-answer) will prove my point.

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Mar 10, 2012, 3:22 AM)

saint_john

Mar 10, 2012, 5:33 AM
Post #22 of 28 (2268 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Rush Limbaugh and birth control [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
How about this instead?

In reply to:

Its Missouri. A Missourian doing anything noteworthy is reason enough to celebrate there.

Come on, now!

curt

Mar 10, 2012, 9:28 AM
Post #23 of 28 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
j_ung wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

Calling unknown college students prostitutes for speaking on women's healthcare issues?

Curt

pinktricam

Mar 10, 2012, 2:22 PM
Post #24 of 28 (2233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Slander, you nutter.

curt

Mar 10, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #25 of 28 (2226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Slander, you nutter.

Please go read up on the legal elements of slander/libel and report back. In the mean time here are a couple of clues:

What Maher has said about Palin etal is not slander.

What Limbaugh recently said is definitely slander.

We'll see if you can figure out why. Cool

Curt

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook