Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Rules and regulations in Missouri (and maybe Illinois)?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

nextjoedeleny

Mar 5, 2012, 8:34 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1551 views)
Shortcut

Rules and regulations in Missouri (and maybe Illinois)?  (North_America: United_States: Missouri)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, Im new to rock climbing, and have only been outdoors once. I know southern Illinois has some good climbing, but I live in STL and dont have time for a weekend trip. Basically, Im always on the look out for anything that looks climbable, but I have no interest in getting arrested. Are there any actual laws about climbing (probably more bouldering) on public property? I know about the state parks... what about other places?
Any info would be great as I searched and could find no info. thanks!

Rockalanche

Mar 27, 2012, 9:43 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1427 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nextjoedeleny] Rules and regulations in Missouri (and maybe Illinois)? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I live in STL also and as far as I know is that you can go to the Upper limits indoor rock gyms in downtown STL and Upper limits maryland heights. Rockwood Reservation has some pretty nice climbing locations but they are closed because you need some sort of special permit. I am interested climbing there so I am going to call them and inquire what this special permit means and get back to you

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$195.26 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook