RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

Marc1

Feb 17, 2012, 3:05 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1392 views)
Shortcut

bouldering shoes advice
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

been climbing a bit - leading and stuff - nothing to hard though - new bouldering wall iv joined and thinking of getting specific shoes for it - most of the stuff i do is vertical but there is over hanging stuff as well - but not really really steep - have a pair of verdes and have had vcs before-

looking at 5.10 teams - quantams or hornet - any advice - would only be using them for wall as its trad climging i do outside - is it worth getting a pair with a dwon turn or slight down turn to keep your feet on the smaller holds - any advice greatly appreciiated -

theextremist04

Feb 18, 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1323 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] bouldering shoes advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Marc1 wrote:
been climbing a bit - leading and stuff - nothing to hard though - new bouldering wall iv joined and thinking of getting specific shoes for it - most of the stuff i do is vertical but there is over hanging stuff as well - but not really really steep - have a pair of verdes and have had vcs before-

looking at 5.10 teams - quantams or hornet - any advice - would only be using them for wall as its trad climging i do outside - is it worth getting a pair with a dwon turn or slight down turn to keep your feet on the smaller holds - any advice greatly appreciiated -
If you're going to be using them for trad climbing as well, there's no way you would ever want the Teams. I could see maybe a pair of the Quantums or Hornets, but it also sounds like you're not at the point yet where a really aggressive shoe would make a huge difference. I'd look at something a whole lot less expensive and less specialized.

Rubicon

Mar 16, 2012, 9:10 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1090 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Marc1] bouldering shoes advice [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think if you climb past V5 and mainly do overhangs it would be worth getting downturn performance shoes. If you mainly do vertical then the Anasazi VCS is the only one u need..

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$107.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook