RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

Rockalanche

Mar 26, 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #1 of 3 (681 views)
Shortcut

Any advice?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just started climbing about a month ago and So far I learned how to rappel, top rope climb, belay, tie a figure eight and french prusik knot. I have very limited access to climbing. Maybe once a week . I also hope to start outdoor climbing also. The place by my house is a state park with some great climbing but its illegal without a speical permit. So what I'm asking is what should I continue to work on for climbing so I can keep getting better, got any ideas of what I can do to sate my appetite for climbing when I can't, and any idea what my statepark means by special permit needed?

moose_droppings

Mar 26, 2012, 10:20 PM
Post #2 of 3 (640 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rockalanche] Any advice? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Rockalanche wrote:
I just started climbing about a month ago and So far I learned how to rappel, top rope climb, belay, tie a figure eight and french prusik knot. I have very limited access to climbing. Maybe once a week . I also hope to start outdoor climbing also. The place by my house is a state park with some great climbing but its illegal without a speical permit. So what I'm asking is what should I continue to work on for climbing so I can keep getting better, got any ideas of what I can do to sate my appetite for climbing when I can't, and any idea what my statepark means by special permit needed?

Continue to climb as much as you can, preferably with an experienced partner. Hire a guide if you can. More miles climbing = more experience. You'll learn what gear you need and what works for you with time.

Go directly to your state park headquarters or call and ask for yourself what they require from you to climb there.

cobbledik

Mar 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #3 of 3 (536 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] Any advice? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tell us the State Park you speak of so we can 1. find and help with more info about the permit and 2. prove you're not just trolling.

Maybe part of getting a climbing permit is not trying to TR by running a rope around a tree.
Tree Thread

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook