RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

J0sh

Mar 27, 2012, 6:57 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3824 views)
Shortcut

I once knew a knot that involved a runner and two carabiners
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

To form a quickdraw. Using a double length sling, but tied in a way that it was 1/3 the original length with a carabiner or either side. when one part of the sling was unclipped the full length of the sling spanned the distance between carabiners. I cannot for the life of me remember how it was done! Can you help me?

wrbill

Mar 27, 2012, 8:04 AM
Post #2 of 7 (3806 views)
Shortcut

Re: [J0sh] I once knew a knot that involved a runner and two carabiners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Clip thetwo carabiners to the sling, then put one carabiner throught the other and even it then clip the carabiner to all loops.

gregcs1

Mar 27, 2012, 8:22 AM
Post #3 of 7 (3795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wrbill] I once knew a knot that involved a runner and two carabiners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Third picture is clip, not go through.
Attachments: runner-rack.jpg (23.7 KB)

boadman

Mar 27, 2012, 9:23 PM
Post #4 of 7 (3595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wrbill] I once knew a knot that involved a runner and two carabiners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No. Clip to any two strands. If you clip to all the strands, it will just slide through.

J0sh

Mar 28, 2012, 6:09 AM
Post #5 of 7 (3523 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, once I have the sling reduced to the normal quickdraw length, which part do I unclip to get the full length of the sling again. When I unclip the sling and pull through is there supposed to be a little hitch type thing on one of the carabiners or am i doing it wrong?

edge

Mar 28, 2012, 1:16 PM
Post #6 of 7 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Re: [J0sh] I once knew a knot that involved a runner and two carabiners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

J0sh wrote:
So, once I have the sling reduced to the normal quickdraw length, which part do I unclip to get the full length of the sling again. When I unclip the sling and pull through is there supposed to be a little hitch type thing on one of the carabiners or am i doing it wrong?

If you rig the extendable draw like in gregcs1's attachment above, each biner will be clipped through three loops of the runner. You should be able to take either biner and unclip it from any two of those loops and have it open up into a nice, smooth single loop runner.

JaysonRohr

Mar 28, 2012, 3:51 PM
Post #7 of 7 (3417 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

go buy mountaineering the freedom of the hills, it has all the information and answers to almost all the questions you will have. ALMOST lol

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook