Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Mar 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #90951 of 105309 (4234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
kachoong wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
drivel wrote:
Spinach salad with avocado and mushroom for lunch. Out of tomatoes!!! Mad bring on the skinny for summertime.

I started my calorie counting again. The snacking was getting out of hand and having to log everything et least keeps me honest.

I tell ya, do my two week or monthly grocery shop challenge and you'll lose a bunch of weight. Sacrifices need to be made to lose weight! I sometimes crave pasta or rice but it's fine if I can chow on protein, some fat and a bunch of veggies/salad. Pretty much the only starchy stuff I eat now are sweet potato, beets, butternut and the occasional black beans. No pasta, no rice, no bread (don't crave it anymore), no regular potato. I've also cut out dairy and soy.

camhat and i discussed this. we're dropping pasta and rice and bread. and then he made a batch of really good hommade bread. fucker. but after this, no more bread. much more spinach and veggies.

...and I will quit getting cokes from teh vending machine at work.

Replace that fake, commercialized crap coke with the real coke. Weight down, productivity up.

Step 3: PROFIT!!!

Speaking of coke.

[image]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cadbury_eggs.png[/image]

I knew those 20 oz. Arizonas had a lot of sugar, but three cadbury eggs is impressive. I'll probibly still drink them to stay awake while driving tired.

Lo-Carb Monsters. If the caffeine does not keep you awake, the stomach cramps will.

I'm pretty sure that much caffeine would have me bouncing all over the place.

I just stick to black kawfee on late night drives.

Caffeine just gives me the jitters, it doesn't do much to help me keep alert.

Last time we were in the car exhausted we started blasting 80's dance music. It was the only thing that seemed to help.

talking on the phone while I'm tired usually keeps me pretty awake as well. am I paying attention to teh rode? hard to say, hard to say ...

Illegal to operate a cell phone in Ontario while driving.

granite_grrl

Mar 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #90952 of 105309 (4232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news....

Canada is going to stop production of the penny.

That is awl.

Partner camhead

Mar 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #90953 of 105309 (4231 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
In other news....

That is awl.

Nice! The US should have done that, too. I think that each penny costs 2.5 cents to make or something.

granite_grrl

Mar 30, 2012, 12:04 PM
Post #90954 of 105309 (4225 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
In other news....

That is awl.

Nice! The US should have done that, too. I think that each penny costs 2.5 cents to make or something.

In the budget speaches yesterday they said one penny cost 1.5 cents to make here in Canada.

lena_chita

Mar 30, 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #90955 of 105309 (4196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
kachoong wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
drivel wrote:
Spinach salad with avocado and mushroom for lunch. Out of tomatoes!!! Mad bring on the skinny for summertime.

I started my calorie counting again. The snacking was getting out of hand and having to log everything et least keeps me honest.

I tell ya, do my two week or monthly grocery shop challenge and you'll lose a bunch of weight. Sacrifices need to be made to lose weight! I sometimes crave pasta or rice but it's fine if I can chow on protein, some fat and a bunch of veggies/salad. Pretty much the only starchy stuff I eat now are sweet potato, beets, butternut and the occasional black beans. No pasta, no rice, no bread (don't crave it anymore), no regular potato. I've also cut out dairy and soy.

camhat and i discussed this. we're dropping pasta and rice and bread. and then he made a batch of really good hommade bread. fucker. but after this, no more bread. much more spinach and veggies.

...and I will quit getting cokes from teh vending machine at work.

Replace that fake, commercialized crap coke with the real coke. Weight down, productivity up.

Step 3: PROFIT!!!

Speaking of coke.

[image]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cadbury_eggs.png[/image]

I knew those 20 oz. Arizonas had a lot of sugar, but three cadbury eggs is impressive. I'll probibly still drink them to stay awake while driving tired.

Lo-Carb Monsters. If the caffeine does not keep you awake, the stomach cramps will.

I'm pretty sure that much caffeine would have me bouncing all over the place.

How else are you supposed to drive solo across the country in 4 days?

You and Banz think alike! I lost count of how many empty low-carb monster cans I threw away when I was cleaning out his car. I just know they seriously interfered with my ability to find enough room on the passenger seat.

*thinks to self... Banz'z car interior... shudder*

Not that bad yet -- he only had that car for about a month or two...

Partner camhead

Apr 2, 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #90956 of 105309 (4157 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoa, ONE post all weekend? This place is dying!

Great weekend at the Gnu with Donny, Dribble, and the Jungs. Saturday started fun, got on some new tard routes at Endless Wall, but quickly went downhill after getting spanked bad on a possible project, then thrutching and bailing off another hardish route that I wanted to be easy. Lowpoint involved trying to mantle onto an arete and then scratching, losing my glasses. We were all in low spirits, I was moping around that all my training was not for schit, so much pizza and beer was consumed.

Plotted some April Foolz mayhem on Jung; stole his car and hid it up in the back 40 by his shaft. He came busting into our room on the morning of the first just pissed, "where the fuck is my car! I've called the cops!" I cracked immediately, fessed to the joke and told him not to get the cops involved, then he goes, "haha! gotcha! April Fools!" Later that day, he put up a blog post for the river company he works for, announcing that the dam below the New was going to be taken down, opening up a bunch of new whitewater for 2013. Unfortunately, the dam release would also flood the NRG's most popular bouldering area. Apparently, the rafting community was psyched, climbing community was butthurt, and the entire town fell for the prank. Awesome.

Sunday was a great day. Went to Summersville, the crowded 5.10 area was empty so we warmed up slow, then headed over to the radguy cave. Drivel made a couple insanely good runs on Apollo, and it is now the prodge of the season. I somehow managed to resend it too as a pseudo-warmup, which was awesome, and got me psyched again.

That is awl.

drivel

Apr 2, 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #90957 of 105309 (4147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Great weekend at the Gnu with Donny, Dribble, and the Jungs. Saturday started fun, got on some new tard routes at Endless Wall, but quickly went downhill after getting spanked bad on a possible project, then thrutching and bailing off another hardish route that I wanted to be easy. Lowpoint involved trying to mantle onto an arete and then scratching, losing my glasses. We were all in low spirits, I was moping around that all my training was not for schit, so much pizza and beer was consumed.

Plotted some April Foolz mayhem on Jung; stole his car and hid it up in the back 40 by his shaft. He came busting into our room on the morning of the first just pissed, "where the fuck is my car! I've called the cops!" I cracked immediately, fessed to the joke and told him not to get the cops involved, then he goes, "haha! gotcha! April Fools!" Later that day, he put up a blog post for the river company he works for, announcing that the dam below the New was going to be taken down, opening up a bunch of new whitewater for 2013. Unfortunately, the dam release would also flood the NRG's most popular bouldering area. Apparently, the rafting community was psyched, climbing community was butthurt, and the entire town fell for the prank. Awesome.

Sunday was a great day. Went to Summersville, the crowded 5.10 area was empty so we warmed up slow, then headed over to the radguy cave. Drivel made a couple insanely good runs on Apollo, and it is now the prodge of the season. I somehow managed to resend it too as a pseudo-warmup, which was awesome, and got me psyched again.

That is awl.

we also learned that the infamous jung once faked slitting his own throat in front of one of his college classes, and everyone reacted as if it was actually real and he traumatized a shitload of people and almost got kicked out of school. pretty funny in retrospect, though.

granite_grrl

Apr 2, 2012, 1:30 PM
Post #90958 of 105309 (4140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Didn't do much this weekend at all. Went to the climbing gym to boulder in Saturday. Recently the problem they started setting have gotten really boring, but apparently I still managed to get a good workout (which is all you're really looking for from the gym in the end). My abs still hurt.

In other news Nathan mixes strong drinks and I had a hard time convincing him that 3 ounces of vodka is almost 200 calories. In other words, I didn't do so well with my diet this weekend.

drivel

Apr 2, 2012, 2:18 PM
Post #90959 of 105309 (4133 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Didn't do much this weekend at all. Went to the climbing gym to boulder in Saturday. Recently the problem they started setting have gotten really boring, but apparently I still managed to get a good workout (which is all you're really looking for from the gym in the end). My abs still hurt.

In other news Nathan mixes strong drinks and I had a hard time convincing him that 3 ounces of vodka is almost 200 calories. In other words, I didn't do so well with my diet this weekend.

but you did get lucky?

snoopy138

Apr 2, 2012, 5:12 PM
Post #90960 of 105309 (4113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
In other news....

That is awl.

gud werk. if only we'd due teh same.

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2012, 7:07 PM
Post #90961 of 105309 (4095 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
In other news....

That is awl.

No Shit. Pennies are annoying.

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2012, 7:09 PM
Post #90962 of 105309 (4094 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I went to REI yesterday, dividend in hand.

Walked out with a gnu ice climbing pack, 9 new slings, a SAM splint(all of the ones I pilfered from teh fascism have disappeared), a can of jetboil gas, and a plastic bowl.

Total cost to me:
$2.29

Thank you, REI Visa.

meatbomz

Apr 2, 2012, 7:55 PM
Post #90963 of 105309 (4083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

That is awl.

It was awesome climbing the climbs with you guys. I enjoyed the Undeserved, in spite of having to run it in the rain. Great line. And the Orange Oswald 10's were all great. That place must be awesome in the summer. The clamhats, to their credit, did try to kill me by putting me on Tobacco Road, which had bleached white webbing perma-draws and a first draw bottom biner worn half through that you could shave with. Apollo Reed was pretty fucking swete. I am in Johnson City, TN (see: Old Crow Medicine Show) at my brother's place now. Holy fucking filthy bachelor pad. Leaving tomorrow for Iowa to see sister.

meatbomz

Apr 2, 2012, 8:16 PM
Post #90964 of 105309 (4074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The BET is dead?

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2012, 8:30 PM
Post #90965 of 105309 (4069 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
The BET is dead?
Monday is the gnu ______day?

drivel

Apr 2, 2012, 8:42 PM
Post #90966 of 105309 (4062 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
The BET is dead?
Monday is the gnu ______day?

monday is cock day? can i get some pictures of cock in here to prove that?

clymbrchk

Apr 2, 2012, 9:10 PM
Post #90967 of 105309 (4056 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

jah, it is. what can we do to perk things up around here?

In reply to:
Later that day, he put up a blog post for the river company he works for, announcing that the dam below the New was going to be taken down, opening up a bunch of new whitewater for 2013. Unfortunately, the dam release would also flood the NRG's most popular bouldering area. Apparently, the rafting community was psyched, climbing community was butthurt, and the entire town fell for the prank. Awesome.

That. is. awesome.

Partner camhead

Apr 2, 2012, 9:23 PM
Post #90968 of 105309 (4048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
In other news....

That is awl.

No Shit. Pennies are annoying.

On that topic, not surprisingly, the notfunny was strong with the Canadian parliament. I heard some clips of the penny debate on NPR last week, and one guy said, "well, if I might add my two cents..." followed by groans and laughter.

Partner camhead

Apr 2, 2012, 9:24 PM
Post #90969 of 105309 (4048 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

Walked out with a gnu ice climbing pack, 9 new slings, a SAM splint(all of the ones I pilfered from teh fascism have disappeared), a can of jetboil gas, and a plastic bowl.

Total cost to me:
$2.29

Thank you, REI Visa.

our dividend came to $4.

Partner camhead

Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 PM
Post #90970 of 105309 (4045 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clymbrchk] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clymbrchk wrote:
camhead wrote:

In reply to:
Later that day, he put up a blog post for the river company he works for, announcing that the dam below the New was going to be taken down, opening up a bunch of new whitewater for 2013. Unfortunately, the dam release would also flood the NRG's most popular bouldering area. Apparently, the rafting community was psyched, climbing community was butthurt, and the entire town fell for the prank. Awesome.

That. is. awesome.

Whoa! clymbrchk lurks here???

Here's a link to Jung's prank (the dam release, not the throatcutzing)

http://adventurewestvirginia.com/...-be-removed-in-2013/

snoopy138

Apr 2, 2012, 9:54 PM
Post #90971 of 105309 (4041 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
The BET is dead?

hard to say, hard to say

snoopy138

Apr 2, 2012, 9:56 PM
Post #90972 of 105309 (4039 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
clymbrchk wrote:
camhead wrote:

In reply to:

That. is. awesome.

Whoa! clymbrchk lurks here???

Here's a link to Jung's prank (the dam release, not the throatcutzing)

http://adventurewestvirginia.com/...-be-removed-in-2013/

everybody lurks hear. that doesn't mean you should encourage their posting.

carabiner96

Apr 2, 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #90973 of 105309 (4032 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Total cost to me:
$2.29

Thank you, REI Visa.

our dividend came to $4.

We have $6.80, and that's because it carried over from 2010. We don't have an REI around here so it's pretty stagnant.

tripperjm

Apr 3, 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #90974 of 105309 (4017 views)
Shortcut

Getting really tired [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ov fuking hitting teh ground!!!1

Hobbled away from this won, but how fuking hard is to understand... pay fuking attention untill yore climber high enough to knot hit teh fuking deck.

That is fuking awl!!!1

lena_chita

Apr 3, 2012, 1:05 AM
Post #90975 of 105309 (4022 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] Getting really tired [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
Ov fuking hitting teh ground!!!1

Hobbled away from this won, but how fuking hard is to understand... pay fuking attention untill yore climber high enough to knot hit teh fuking deck.

That is fuking awl!!!1

Paying attention is over-rated. And how is hobbling from this one different than your regular hobbling?

First page Previous page 1 ... 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook