Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Toast_in_the_Machine

Mar 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #126 of 137 (3870 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

create a new page and therefore a "win". Heck, most of the people over 5k are involved in a high degree of shenanigans.

beetlebug

Apr 2, 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #127 of 137 (3819 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USnavy wrote:
So the haters that one star you just to one star you, they are wasting their time, you wont even see their vote. Sly

This post from you is amusing, given how much time you spent one-starring adatesman once upon a time.
I was one staring adatesman? No you got it backwards. I dont one star much of anyone, especially now, I have better to things to do

Dontcha just hate it when you're caught in a lie? From another thread where you pretty much admitted it when called out on it:

USnavy wrote:
lol adatesman is complaining that I am one staring his posts too much? The real question is why in all hell do you care? Its the Internet dude

TonyB3

Apr 2, 2012, 9:51 PM
Post #128 of 137 (3799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USnavy wrote:
So the haters that one star you just to one star you, they are wasting their time, you wont even see their vote. Sly

This post from you is amusing, given how much time you spent one-starring adatesman once upon a time.
I was one staring adatesman? No you got it backwards. I dont one star much of anyone, especially now, I have better to things to do. He on the other hand spent days going through every single post I ever made and one stared them all. Hows that for nerd rage? Kind of a waste of his time considering my browser doesent even load the stars anymore...

No, but you probably use your troll account "thenose" to one star anyone who reveals you as the poser you are. http://www.rockclimbing.com/...gi?username=thenose;

beetlebug

Apr 3, 2012, 2:06 AM
Post #129 of 137 (3779 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TonyB3] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

TonyB3 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USnavy wrote:

I was one staring adatesman? No you got it backwards. I dont one star much of anyone, especially now, I have better to things to do. He on the other hand spent days going through every single post I ever made and one stared them all. Hows that for nerd rage? Kind of a waste of his time considering my browser doesent even load the stars anymore...

No, but you probably use your troll account "thenose" to one star anyone who reveals you as the poser you are. http://www.rockclimbing.com/...gi?username=thenose;

Only one troll account here? Weird. Last I heard he's got at least 4 accounts on Supertopo. Lately he's been using 20_kn, but had been audiobahn_1000, spl_tech and USnavy at various, and often overlapping, times.

USnavy

Apr 3, 2012, 7:13 AM
Post #130 of 137 (3765 views)
Shortcut

Re: [beetlebug] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

beetlebug wrote:
TonyB3 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Only one troll account here? Weird. Last I heard he's got at least 4 accounts on Supertopo. Lately he's been using 20_kn, but had been audiobahn_1000, spl_tech and USnavy at various, and often overlapping, times.
Says you? You have made 15 posts in the last year and not a single one of them has anything to do with climbing... If ever a troll existed... It is crystal clear your username is just some secondary troll account for someone else. Anyway, this account and your other, TonyB3, can live in KillFile land from here on out.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Apr 3, 2012, 7:22 AM)

beetlebug

Apr 3, 2012, 1:21 PM
Post #131 of 137 (3749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
beetlebug wrote:
TonyB3 wrote:
USnavy wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Says you? You have made 15 posts in the last year and not a single one of them has anything to do with climbing... If ever a troll existed... It is crystal clear your username is just some secondary troll account for someone else. Anyway, this account and your other, TonyB3, can live in KillFile land from here on out.

Says the fact that there are often identical threads from those users here on RC, all of which were yours. Plus searching for threads for one of those users usually turns up threads for the others, and there really aren't all that many people giving out advice on where to climb in Hawaii in one thread while asking noob questions about preparing for their upcoming Yos trip in another. If it walks like a duck and quacks....

Edit: looks like I have the usernames a bit wrong... He's "20_kn", "audiobahn1000", and "spl tech" on Supertopo.

(This post was edited by beetlebug on Apr 3, 2012, 1:45 PM)

ncrockclimber

Apr 8, 2012, 3:52 PM
Post #132 of 137 (3687 views)
Shortcut

Re: [beetlebug] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

US Navy may be many things, but a poser he is not. He climbs, a lot, and at a higher level than most of the posters on this site. He also posts a lot of questionable advise and some completely erroneous information. He gets hammered for that, and rightly so. However, to call him a poser identifies you as either extremely biased or extremely ignorant.

edit to add:
bettle, why do you have so much animosity towards USN? Did he make fun of you on your Facebook page or disagree with something you posted under your other account? Your writing style looks very familiar, like something I saw in the lab...

(This post was edited by ncrockclimber on Apr 8, 2012, 3:57 PM)

TonyB3

Apr 10, 2012, 3:04 PM
Post #133 of 137 (3636 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ncrockclimber] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

ncrockclimber wrote:
US Navy may be many things, but a poser he is not. He climbs, a lot, and at a higher level than most of the posters on this site. He also posts a lot of questionable advise and some completely erroneous information. He gets hammered for that, and rightly so. However, to call him a poser identifies you as either extremely biased or extremely ignorant.

Questionable climbing abilities notwithstanding, what else would you call someone who buys an expensive piece of testing equipment that he has no idea how to use, chart, or process data from, then posts results having no controls, standards, or relevance on three different forums?

Gear manufacturers and international standards committees have paid professionals to assure the safety of accepted gear and practices, and USN's barrage of threads are confusing and unneccesary. He only puts them up to try and pass himself off as some kind of "expert," then bumps them incessantly to keep them on the front page. n00bs respond because by definition they too are clueless. Seasoned climbers respond because his tests are full of holes. Engineers and experts in this sort of testing have noticeably avoided commenting, preferring to avoid the whole shit show.

Add to all that his posting history as "thenose." http://www.rockclimbing.com/...e;sb=post_time;mh=25

I call that a poser.

(This post was edited by TonyB3 on Apr 10, 2012, 4:03 PM)

ncrockclimber

Apr 10, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #134 of 137 (3621 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TonyB3] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

TonyB3 wrote:

...what else would you call someone who buys an expensive piece of testing equipment that he has no idea how to use, chart, or process data from, then posts results having no controls, standards, or relevance?

I would call that person a typical poster in "The Lab." In its heyday a few years ago, The Lab was filled with questionable analysis and a few prolific but unqualified users trying to pass themselves off as experts and industry insiders. All USN needs is some elaborate formatting that includes bolding and colored text and he would be right at home.

IMO, USN posting this stuff is not a bad thing. He is going to get hammered for his errors and incorrect analysis, and that is not a bad thing either.

Edit to add:
TonyB3, you seem to have a lot of animosity towards USN. Your 26 posts are very interesting. Could it be that you have posted here before under another user name or two. You seem very similar to Beetle.

(This post was edited by ncrockclimber on Apr 10, 2012, 4:46 PM)

USnavy

Apr 11, 2012, 2:05 PM
Post #135 of 137 (3568 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ncrockclimber] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

ncrockclimber wrote:
TonyB3 wrote:

...what else would you call someone who buys an expensive piece of testing equipment that he has no idea how to use, chart, or process data from, then posts results having no controls, standards, or relevance?

IMO, USN posting this stuff is not a bad thing. He is going to get hammered for his errors and incorrect analysis, and that is not a bad thing either.
Incorrect analysis of what? The only study I have conducted so far that attempts to address any type of concept with any depth is the threaded webbing test, which I updated yesterday. And even at that, it’s not really a thesis; it’s an informal test of threaded webbing, and it's not done yet. In the future I am going to continue to try to avoid making any thesis statement in any thread, I am simply going to say “this is what I did, this is how I did it, here are the results.” It is up to the reader to reach his or her own conclusion.

As far as BS tests in the Lab go, I haven't really seen anyone try to present a properly formatted and executed study of any climbing concept. In fact, I havent even seen a manufacturer do that. Most of the studies on DMM and BD's site are written and executed in a manner similar to the tests published on this website. Most of the people in the Lab just play around with some gear, test some concepts, and post the results. I dont see whats wrong with that, they are not attempting to pass themselves off as MIT grad students conducting industry changing research on an extremely esoteric topic. They are just simply saying, "here is the data, here is the results." Sure, there are some guys in there attempting to make some world changing statement towards some concept they tested in their garage, but most dont.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Apr 11, 2012, 2:28 PM)

Partner j_ung

Apr 12, 2012, 4:01 PM
Post #136 of 137 (3526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
ncrockclimber wrote:
TonyB3 wrote:

Incorrect analysis of what? The only study I have conducted so far that attempts to address any type of concept with any depth is the threaded webbing test, which I updated yesterday. And even at that, it’s not really a thesis; it’s an informal test of threaded webbing, and it's not done yet. In the future I am going to continue to try to avoid making any thesis statement in any thread, I am simply going to say “this is what I did, this is how I did it, here are the results.” It is up to the reader to reach his or her own conclusion.

As far as BS tests in the Lab go, I haven't really seen anyone try to present a properly formatted and executed study of any climbing concept. In fact, I havent even seen a manufacturer do that. Most of the studies on DMM and BD's site are written and executed in a manner similar to the tests published on this website. Most of the people in the Lab just play around with some gear, test some concepts, and post the results. I dont see whats wrong with that, they are not attempting to pass themselves off as MIT grad students conducting industry changing research on an extremely esoteric topic. They are just simply saying, "here is the data, here is the results." Sure, there are some guys in there attempting to make some world changing statement towards some concept they tested in their garage, but most dont.

Which is exactly what the Lab was intended for.

TonyB3

Apr 12, 2012, 4:52 PM
Post #137 of 137 (3515 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Anonymous post ratings: enough is enough [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
USnavy wrote:
ncrockclimber wrote:
TonyB3 wrote:

Which is exactly what the Lab was intended for.

Not a single one of USN's "tests" were posted in the Lab.

They did appear on the Knob, MP, and the Taco in a full on "look at me" assault.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook