RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

freemeliberty

Apr 6, 2012, 2:58 PM
Post #1 of 3 (800 views)
Shortcut

Mexico Climbing?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Okay, I am planning a 6 month back-packing trip to Central and South America next year. It won't be specifically for climbing but I dill definitely go climbing several times on this trip. I want to actually backpack my way all the way up to the states even crossing Mexico (I know there are some sweet climbing areas all throughout MX). What I also know is that there has been a LOT of reported drug and cartel violence against americans. I just wanted to ask what you thought about this as I know many of you will be more traveled then I am in this region.

potreroed

Apr 6, 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #2 of 3 (774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [freemeliberty] Mexico Climbing? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're not involved with running drugs or guns, treat people with respect and observe basic precautions, you will be OK. Climbers are still traveling to Mexico by plane, bus and private vehicles and we even had a few pass through here on bicycles recently.

sonso45

May 30, 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #3 of 3 (530 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] Mexico Climbing? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The cartel violence reported has involved Mexican and other citizens; I have not heard of USA citizens being targeted except for officials on two occasions.

If you have information I don't, please share the facts. I have not had any problems, except for those I caused, while traveling and climbing in Mexico.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook