RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

peakchaser

Apr 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #1 of 1 (231 views)
Shortcut

Rock Safety and Rescue Course in Red Rocks - American Alpine Institute
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi - I'd like to organize some people who may be interested in an intro on Rock Safety and Rescue course given by the American Alpine Institute in the Las Vegas area. I'm fairly flexible on the dates and am hoping to take it this month - April or next, May. Let me know if anyone has interest in taking this course and we can figure out the dates.

Details of the course is as follows, taken from the AAI website. Thanks!
--------------
The intro course deals with problems that frequently confront recreational climbers and covers the skills necessary to keep minor problems from turning into serious incidents or injuries. You will learn an array of practical procedures, including how to lower a tired, frightened, or injured climber off a one or two-pitch climb, what to do when a top-rope gets stuck, and ways to assist an injured partner across steep terrain.

We thoroughly cover basic rescue techniques that every climber needs to know. We review anchors, equalizing protection, and rappelling and practice belay escapes, passing knots, and ascending ropes. We apply hauling and lowering systems as well as rappelling with an accident victim. The course also covers the issues involved in combining emergency medical services with the rescue procedures.

When you complete this course you should be well equipped with the management skills and the technical procedures needed for dealing with the accidents and problems commonly encountered in rock and ice climbing. This course can also be customized for specialized activities, missions, and settings.

Course Structure:
We will spend two days at a cragging area working on skills, then will move on to the one-day optional practicum, in which we will utilize our new found skills in a real-life scenario on a multi-pitch alpine climb.

Cost for 1-day practicum:

$365 - Private
$260 - (per person) 2 people
$200 - (per person) 3 people
$175 - (per person) 4 people
$150 - (per person) 5 people

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?