Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Dry Tooling
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ltdanp21

Apr 17, 2012, 2:41 PM
Post #1 of 2 (639 views)
Shortcut

Dry Tooling  (North_America: Canada: Ontario: Golden_Horseshoe: Mount_Nemo)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm planning to climb the North Ridge (5.8) on the Grand Teton second week of June. The climbing ranger said it would be covered in snow and ice so some dry tooling would be involved.

Can anyone please recommend a good place to practice dry tooling in the Golden Horseshoe/Southern Ontario area?

Thank you!

granite_grrl

Apr 17, 2012, 6:49 PM
Post #2 of 2 (589 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ltdanp21] Dry Tooling [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ltdanp21 wrote:
I'm planning to climb the North Ridge (5.8) on the Grand Teton second week of June. The climbing ranger said it would be covered in snow and ice so some dry tooling would be involved.

Can anyone please recommend a good place to practice dry tooling in the Golden Horseshoe/Southern Ontario area?

Thank you!

You're looks at the wrong season now. You don't drytool at cliffs that are established rock climbing areas. Most of the drytooling that I have done in Ontario has been on choss (needs to be frozen together) or have been at the established ice climbing cliffs up North and are mixed routes, not pure drytooling routes (you need ice on the route).

Don't go start drytooling on the escarpment. It can very easily damage the rock.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook