Forums: Climbing Information: Accident and Incident Analysis:
Looking for Dan Delange or any climbers who climbed with Pat Savageau (killed in 2000 @ Needles)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Accident and Incident Analysis

Premier Sponsor:

msavageau

Apr 18, 2012, 1:14 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1566 views)
Shortcut

Looking for Dan Delange or any climbers who climbed with Pat Savageau (killed in 2000 @ Needles)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

My name is Mark Savageau- I am the older brother of Pat Savageau (deceased in 2000- fell @ "Thin Ice" @ Needles, CA).
I'm looking for the GPS coordinates or some other way to find the location of the climb where he died. It has been a long time, and I have decided that I want to go to the site to pay my respects and see it for myself.

If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it- I can be reached at: Msavageau@gmail.com

I know he was climbing with Dan DeLange, but he has never contacted our family to my knowledge, but I know he climbed with a lot of people, so I'm hoping that someone here can help me find the location- I'm on Google Earth, and it is not helping much with what little info I can find.

Regards,

Mark E. Savageau

climbapps

Apr 19, 2012, 6:36 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1471 views)
Shortcut

Re: [msavageau] Looking for Dan Delange or any climbers who climbed with Pat Savageau (killed in 2000 @ Needles) [In reply to]
Report this Post

PM sent to your email.

patto

Apr 19, 2012, 1:04 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [msavageau] Looking for Dan Delange or any climbers who climbed with Pat Savageau (killed in 2000 @ Needles) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  

I'm dumbstruck that rockclimbing.com was actually useful. Especially with the very first reply!

Shocked

msavageau

Apr 19, 2012, 3:11 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

This thread can be closed- I've had a tremendous number of helpful replies, and to correct an earlier statement, Pat's climbing partner ("Dan Delange") DID reach out to my mother, I was not aware of that fact until today.

Thanks to everyone who offered positive comments and memories.

Regards,

Mark "El Gato" Savageau

wonderwoman

Apr 20, 2012, 3:43 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1278 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I am sorry for your loss, but happy that you were able to find some answers & closure.

I am locking this thread, but anyone wishing to contribute to the discussion can do so at the following thread:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...d;page=unread#unread

Forums : Climbing Information : Accident and Incident Analysis

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook