Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Kettle Valley - Morning Rock
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

applewood

Apr 26, 2012, 2:20 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Kettle Valley - Morning Rock  (North_America: United_States: Washington: Eastern_Washington: Kettle_River-Curlew)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The "Kettle Bluffs" are actually west of Curlew. Both Morning Rock and Viper Head (the crag a couple of hundred yards left and on up the road) are both on private land but with very accommodating owners. (The crag further right, down the road to ward Curlew is called "The Wave", it has routes too but they were established before the current home building project was begun, best not to disturb those folks.) Just be respectful of the neighbors and the adventurous nature of the existing route. There are more than 40 established routes on Morning Rock (main wall and lower cliffs) and 11 routes on Viper Head. Many of the climbs are bolted, but require gear placements as well.

tisakson

Apr 28, 2012, 11:35 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [applewood] Kettle Valley - Morning Rock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, WEST of Curlew. I am apparently directionally challenged and tried to put this area on RC.com. The directions need to be updated. Hey, thanks for updating all the route info. I've been really interested in contacting the developer of this area. I grew up in Curlew and now live in Spokane. Thanks for all the info. I've been interested to do some more development up there, but have not knocked on any doors for access yet. Excellent granite to no end. Anymore info would be nice as far as access, land owners, and more routes. We may be visiting there next month on route to Skaha, and it's always a wonderful stop right on the way...

applewood

Apr 29, 2012, 12:53 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1086 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tisakson] Kettle Valley - Morning Rock [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Send me a private email if you'd like. There are many good spots in the Kettle and I'd be glad to show you. There are also some closer to Skaha in the Okanogan which are worth checking out - you may even decide not to go all the way to Skaha!.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook