Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Beginner/Intermediate Climber To Climb In Catskills/Gunks Area
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Superskiier0115

May 2, 2012, 9:50 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1758 views)
Shortcut

Beginner/Intermediate Climber To Climb In Catskills/Gunks Area  (North_America: United_States: New_York: Catskills)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've climbed when I was younger and I want to get back into it. I have some gear (ropes, harnesses, carabiners, quick draws, stoppers, etc.) but I don't have anyone to climb with. I'm looking for someone to tackle some easier climbs with in the Catskill region or the Gunks. Just looking to have some fun and learn some new stuff. I've top roped before but I want to get into some sport and trad climbing as well. I'm 19.

craglady

May 3, 2012, 8:22 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1713 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Superskiier0115] Beginner/Intermediate Climber To Climb In Catskills/Gunks Area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you know of sport climbing in that area? I'm only vaguely aware of the Gunks as a trad only area. Am I mistaken?

Superskiier0115

May 3, 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1688 views)
Shortcut

Re: [craglady] Beginner/Intermediate Climber To Climb In Catskills/Gunks Area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not 100% positive. I've never been there, when I climbed years ago it was in connecticut with a friend up there. You could be right

njrox

May 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Superskiier0115] Beginner/Intermediate Climber To Climb In Catskills/Gunks Area [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

the gunks is trad climbing. horizontal cracks all day. double, even triple up on pink and red tricams.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook