Forums: Community: Campground:
So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

karmiclimber

May 4, 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #1 of 29 (7107 views)
Shortcut

So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top...
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been taking her climbing since she was three (6 now). All of this time, she has had a really strong fear of heights, only ever climbing approximately half a route and then freaking out. But last night, she went all of the way to the top, and I am really proud...

The moment we could tell that she was actually going for the top...
Poof

At the top:
Poof

She cruised that route 3 times and then decided she needed "something harder."

Chalking up on her project:
Poof

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...and thanks for reading one proud Mom blabber about her daughter.

(This post was edited by karmiclimber on May 9, 2012, 2:54 AM)

Gmburns2000

May 4, 2012, 1:41 PM
Post #2 of 29 (7089 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karmiclimber] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
I've been taking her climbing since she was three (6 now). All of this time, she has had a really strong fear of heights, only ever climbing approximately half a route and then freaking out. But last night, she went all of the way to the top, and I am really proud...

The moment we could tell that she was actually going for the top...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IzyHR.jpg?1[/IMG]

At the top:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/buieQ.jpg?2[/IMG]

She cruised that route 3 times and then decided she needed "something harder."

Chalking up on her project:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TR9oI.jpg?1[/IMG]

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...and thanks for reading one proud Mom blabber about her daughter.

that's awesome. congrats. I get the same feeling when my friends (not kids) do the same on a route that was hard for them. I can imagine the feeling of three years in waiting with a kid.

sungam

May 4, 2012, 2:06 PM
Post #3 of 29 (7075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [karmiclimber] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good stuff KC! Is that some subtle tension, though? Tongue

karmiclimber

May 4, 2012, 2:12 PM
Post #4 of 29 (7069 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Thanks guys!

I'm not ashamed to admit that mommy helped her hike the climb once or twice. Tongue Some of it WAS reachy for her. The second (harder route) with the bright green pockets was actually remnants of a comp the gym hosted a week or so ago.

amphotography89

May 4, 2012, 7:17 PM
Post #5 of 29 (7038 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:

Thanks guys!

I'm not ashamed to admit that mommy helped her hike the climb once or twice. Tongue Some of it WAS reachy for her. The second (harder route) with the bright green pockets was actually remnants of a comp the gym hosted a week or so ago.
next step is to free climb at Yosemite right? haha

karmiclimber

May 4, 2012, 7:27 PM
Post #6 of 29 (7034 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amphotography89] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:

Thanks guys!

next step is to free climb at Yosemite right? haha

Moar like rope gun for Mommy at the New! Now if I could just find a way to anchor all 38 lbs. of her down so she can give me a proper belay Cool
I actually did promise to get her gear if she made it to the top...bby climbing shoes, harness and a chalk bag. You should see if that chalk-bag-making gf of yours could make something tinkerbell shaped with rainbows.

sungam

May 4, 2012, 7:37 PM
Post #7 of 29 (7025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
You should see if that chalk-bag-making gf of yours could make something tinkerbell shaped with rainbows.
Sorry, she is currently reserved for the making of an awesome DJ PON3 chalkbag.

karmiclimber

May 4, 2012, 7:41 PM
Post #8 of 29 (7018 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
You should see if that chalk-bag-making gf of yours could make something tinkerbell shaped with rainbows.

Its cool. My 6 year old can wait while she makes the pony bag for the grown man. Unimpressed

amphotography89

May 4, 2012, 7:55 PM
Post #9 of 29 (7010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Its cool. My 6 year old can wait while she makes the pony bag for the grown man. Unimpressed
hahah. I just spoke with her. she is going to try and make a tinkerbell one that doesnt look like some one turned tinkerbell into a cylinder. don't worry after she works on the pony for the grown man. she has a few orders of purses and clutches (what ever those are) to catch up on before that though.

karmiclimber

May 4, 2012, 8:14 PM
Post #10 of 29 (7003 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amphotography89] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

hahah. I just spoke with her. she is going to try and make a tinkerbell one that doesnt look like some one turned tinkerbell into a cylinder. don't worry after she works on the pony for the grown man. she has a few orders of purses and clutches (what ever those are) to catch up on before that though.

Oh I was just giving sungam the raspberries. No rush. Smile
She could do something like crochet a big flower (or rainbow) and put a little tinkerbell on it...whatever works. If tinkerbell is too complicated, I'm sure she would love a pony chalk bag also :-)
Anyway, if/when she can do it, message me with pricing and how to pay

amphotography89

May 4, 2012, 8:39 PM
Post #11 of 29 (6994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

she is going to draw up somethings. for both of you. She just told me that she charges $40 per bag. she also wanted me to let you guys know that she realizes its pricey but a lot of time goes into making it and pretty much everything but the draw strings are hand made. even the linings hand sewed. She also takes either a check mailed to her or paypal. what ever works best for you.

obviously no pressure. i could always just break up with her for a few days and you can start dating her and get a free one. worked for me lol.

sungam

May 4, 2012, 9:32 PM
Post #12 of 29 (6981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Laugh Well when you put it like that... Yes. Yes she can wait.

karmiclimber

May 5, 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #13 of 29 (6967 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Haha...you are such a delightful asshole. And I mean that in the most awesome way possible. If I had to pick on person from rc to climb with it would be Sungam all the way. Provided you left ur clothes on and left ur haggis leftovers at homeCrazy

sungam

May 5, 2012, 7:55 AM
Post #14 of 29 (6956 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Haha...you are such a delightful asshole. And I mean that in the most awesome way possible. If I had to pick on person from rc to climb with it would be Sungam all the way. Provided you left ur clothes on and left ur haggis leftovers at homeCrazy
Hahaha, The clothes I can handle... But no haggis? WWhaaat?

amphotography89

May 5, 2012, 8:56 PM
Post #15 of 29 (6946 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

I had to google haggis.....I don't approve lol

sungam

May 6, 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #16 of 29 (6934 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Oh what EVER. I know you ate a hotdog, bro. I KNOW YOU ATE A HOT DOG.

Don't pretend that isn't worse then haggis!

amphotography89

May 6, 2012, 1:17 AM
Post #17 of 29 (6928 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

your right....but I dont eat meat anymore

sungam

May 6, 2012, 9:44 AM
Post #18 of 29 (6914 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Well, I guess you can talk then. I have to say that vegetarian haggis is delicious, though. You should try it out some time.

amphotography89

May 6, 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #19 of 29 (6908 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
Ill make it my life goal to try one

Well, I guess you can talk then. I have to say that vegetarian haggis is delicious, though. You should try it out some time.

sungam

May 6, 2012, 1:26 PM
Post #20 of 29 (6901 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

Ill make it my life goal to try one
You should scroll down before typing your response Wink (or just start typing before clicking)

amphotography89

May 6, 2012, 5:16 PM
Post #21 of 29 (6894 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah I was replying with my phone and I couldn't scroll for what ever reason

Gmburns2000

May 7, 2012, 2:43 PM
Post #22 of 29 (6869 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

haggis is best served super spicy, with a lot of smokey whiskey. i'll pass on the tats and keep the nips, thanks.

sungam

May 7, 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #23 of 29 (6856 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

haggis is best served super spicy, with a lot of smokey whiskey. i'll pass on the tats and keep the nips, thanks.
I never took you for an ink hater. To be honest I figured quite the opposite.

Gmburns2000

May 7, 2012, 6:19 PM
Post #24 of 29 (6851 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

OK, gonna go ahead and admit that that one went over my head.

sungam

May 7, 2012, 8:16 PM
Post #25 of 29 (6842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] So last night in the gym, my daughter made it to the top... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:
amphotography89 wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:
sungam wrote:
karmiclimber wrote:

OK, gonna go ahead and admit that that one went over my head.
Skipping tats but liking nips? I thought you were saying you like boobs but don't like tattoos. I took you for the type that wouldn't mind some ink.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook