RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

fsacb3

May 5, 2012, 7:48 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2367 views)
Shortcut

Anyone have The Blank Slate hangboard?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here's the link: http://www.blankslateclimbing.com/shop/item/blank-slate/

Anyone have one? A review?

I like that you don't have to drill holes. Also you can get it with a 45 degree angle. My concern is whether you can make moves on it or just do pullups and static hangs. If I were hanging from both arms on the bottom and wanted to campus to a hold at the top, would it be stable?

johnwesely

May 5, 2012, 7:56 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2362 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fsacb3] Anyone have The Blank Slate hangboard? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

looks like a giant waste of money to me. You really need your hangboard to be low enough that you can keep you legs on the ground until you pull them up to hang. Only the lowest section of this would be useful.

sungam

May 5, 2012, 9:32 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2328 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You could make yourself one for 40 bucks. Other than that and making sure yoyur doorframe would actually support it (some frames are just pinned on with a few tiny nails) it seems fine.

jbro_135

May 5, 2012, 1:00 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2300 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnwesely] Anyone have The Blank Slate hangboard? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

johnwesely wrote:
looks like a giant waste of money to me. You really need your hangboard to be low enough that you can keep you legs on the ground until you pull them up to hang. Only the lowest section of this would be useful.

stand on a stool/chair/pile of phonebooks?

obviously if you're using this your training situation is not ideal, you can make it work somehow i'm sure.

johnwesely

May 5, 2012, 1:13 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2293 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbro_135] Anyone have The Blank Slate hangboard? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jbro_135 wrote:
johnwesely wrote:

stand on a stool/chair/pile of phonebooks?

obviously if you're using this your training situation is not ideal, you can make it work somehow i'm sure.

Hangboarding is such an at limit activity, that I would be worried about slipping, slipping, falling and breaking an ankle on the chair or holding on to avoid falling when I shouldn't and incurring a finger injury.

freezeus

May 8, 2012, 6:15 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2156 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

We have had one since September of last year. It's fantastic, stable, and versatile. We have two jugs on the bottom that work well for the kids to jump and get on the board, pinches either side of the jugs, a crimp in between, edges above, jugs above that, a large sloper pinch at the top and two edges at the top. It's easy to campus on, do dead hangs, lock offs, and pull ups. My kids are 4'6", and 5' and they have no trouble reaching it. I can change out holds at any time. I'm 235 and it's sturdy when I hang on it. Way better than a hang board and you can move it to any door and it has the pull up bar underneath.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook