Apr 1, 2012, 1:27 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2711 views)
Shortcut

Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://news.yahoo.com/...news-topstories.html
In reply to:
Biggs set out Monday morning for one of his usual hiking and gold-panning trips near Whiskey Flats when he came across a mother bear, yearling, and cub sitting on a stream bank. Biggs said he stopped to watch the bears for a few moments, but, as he turned to leave, something jumped on his back and knocked him to his knees.
"My backpack raises up over my head and a mountain lion latched on to it," Biggs said.
Biggs hit the lion on the head with a rock pick he was carrying when he saw the bear grab the lion by the neck, Biggs said. The two animals struggled on the ground for a few seconds before the lion got free and ran away, he added.
"I think the lion was stalking the bear's cub and I got in the way," Biggs said. "The bear walked calmly back to her cub after, and I wrapped my arm up with a T-shirt and went gold panning before I went home."

Gmburns2000

Apr 1, 2012, 5:39 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/...news-topstories.html
In reply to:
Biggs set out Monday morning for one of his usual hiking and gold-panning trips near Whiskey Flats when he came across a mother bear, yearling, and cub sitting on a stream bank. Biggs said he stopped to watch the bears for a few moments, but, as he turned to leave, something jumped on his back and knocked him to his knees.
"My backpack raises up over my head and a mountain lion latched on to it," Biggs said.
Biggs hit the lion on the head with a rock pick he was carrying when he saw the bear grab the lion by the neck, Biggs said. The two animals struggled on the ground for a few seconds before the lion got free and ran away, he added.
"I think the lion was stalking the bear's cub and I got in the way," Biggs said. "The bear walked calmly back to her cub after, and I wrapped my arm up with a T-shirt and went gold panning before I went home."

I wonder if his lucked changed as he's now a rich man.

bad-chop-suey

Apr 9, 2012, 6:49 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2602 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It seems like all the luck he was going to use for finding gold went toward saving his life.

amphotography89

May 4, 2012, 7:40 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2507 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"I wrapped my arm up in a t-shirt and went gold panning before going home"

what a bad ass

also I wasn't aware people still went gold panning.
what an old prospector.

Lazlo

May 10, 2012, 4:08 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amphotography89] Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sad to admit that this is a local in my town. (Whiskey flats is about 5 miles from my house)

We all think this guy is an idiot that made up the story just to get in the news.

amphotography89

May 10, 2012, 4:15 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2460 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Man Attacked by Mountain Lion, Saved by Bear [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
I'm sad to admit that this is a local in my town. (Whiskey flats is about 5 miles from my house)

We all think this guy is an idiot that made up the story just to get in the news.

It is hard to believe

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook