First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

chadnsc

May 11, 2012, 2:10 PM
Post #1 of 42 (13210 views)
Shortcut

Dumb A** Kid
Report this Post
Can't Post

So the other day I went to take our new dog out for his evening bathroom break and found chunks of chocolate sprinkled in the corner of our yard.

Of course our little dog Dexter was all: 'oooo noms me eat!'. Being a killjoy I got Dexter out of there and spent the next hour raking up the dog deadly chocolate all the wile wondering WTF would someone do this?

Fast forward to last night around 11:30pm. Dexter starts going ape shit, barking, whining, and even howling. Wondering what was going on I went downstairs and see someone in my backyard. I flick on the lights and hop outside to see the 12 year old neighbor boy seeding my yard with a bag of bakers chocolate. I roared at the kid and he ran off.

I think the little bastard was trying to poison my dog with chocolate. I have no idea why. We've only had the 17 pound Dexter for a month and the boy's never interacted with the dog. I'm at a complete loss for why he'd do something like this.

I cute and nice, why you try hurt me?

Scary thing, last year a different neighbors elderly lab died from 'intestinal issues'.

I'm not looking forward to having to talk to the kids parents tonight after work. Unsure

csproul

May 11, 2012, 2:32 PM
Post #2 of 42 (13203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How did you not go over to the little fu**er's house right then and there?

chadnsc

May 11, 2012, 2:44 PM
Post #3 of 42 (13198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cooler heads prevailed. Mostly my wife and Dexter.

Also I was tired and in a moment of clarity realized that much more could be accomplished if both I and the kid's parents weren't sleepy.

(This post was edited by chadnsc on May 11, 2012, 2:45 PM)

areyoumydude

May 11, 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #4 of 42 (13161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well if it would have been Coco Puffs I'd say the little brat is a cereal killer in the making.

(This post was edited by areyoumydude on May 11, 2012, 5:11 PM)

chadnsc

May 11, 2012, 6:09 PM
Post #5 of 42 (13142 views)
Shortcut

Re: [areyoumydude] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I no want coco puffs, I want pineapple.

squierbypetzl

May 11, 2012, 7:46 PM
Post #6 of 42 (13131 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You feed your dog pineapple?? PETA pm'd Mad

Maybe the kid doesn't know chocolate is poisonous to dogs?

chadnsc

May 11, 2012, 8:00 PM
Post #7 of 42 (13121 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No pineapple for Dexter. He was just curious what that weird spiky thing was!

I'm pretty sure the kid knows that at the very least chocolate is very bad for dogs.

My neighbor now thinks that his dog was poisoned via chocolate by the kid last year.

edge

May 11, 2012, 8:54 PM
Post #8 of 42 (13111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
I flick on the lights and hop outside to see the 12 year old neighbor boy seeding my yard with a bag of bakers chocolate.

Johnny Cacaoseed?

Maybe he was just trying to establish cocao orchards for the good of mankind.

chadnsc

May 11, 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #9 of 42 (13103 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have no idea but damn it if he was older . . . . well I probably would have lost my temper and be in big trouble.

Needless to say I think the kid may have some issues so hopefully this get's figured out and the kid gets help because I don't want to see this happen again.

edge

May 11, 2012, 9:23 PM
Post #10 of 42 (13097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
I have no idea but damn it if he was older . . . . well I probably would have lost my temper and be in big trouble.

Needless to say I think the kid may have some issues so hopefully this get's figured out and the kid gets help because I don't want to see this happen again.

Yeah, you did the right thing by waiting and thinking about it before talking to the parents. Heat of the moment emotions are seldom beneficial in the long run.

Be prepared for the parents to possibly be defensive about their kid. The facts as you relayed them here sound pretty convincing but they may accuse you of lying to protect him. You could always threaten to talk to the police to demonstrate your resolve.

The kid should be made to work community service at an animal shelter.

squierbypetzl

May 11, 2012, 9:31 PM
Post #11 of 42 (13091 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

In light of the fact that he's actively trying to poison a pup, this would probably end tragically. If the kid is conscious of what he's doing then there's definitely some deeper issues here. If you don't already know the parents I'd suggest you be prepared to walk away from a confrontation, because the kid is either acting out or has some serious mental issues.

Gmburns2000

May 12, 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #12 of 42 (13079 views)
Shortcut

Re: [areyoumydude] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

areyoumydude wrote:
Well if it would have been Coco Puffs I'd say the little brat is a cereal killer in the making.

you owe me a new computer screen

chadnsc

May 14, 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #13 of 42 (13038 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

Yeah, you did the right thing by waiting and thinking about it before talking to the parents. Heat of the moment emotions are seldom beneficial in the long run.

Be prepared for the parents to possibly be defensive about their kid. The facts as you relayed them here sound pretty convincing but they may accuse you of lying to protect him. You could always threaten to talk to the police to demonstrate your resolve.

You where right edge; the parents said that their son would never do something like that and pretty much closed the door on me.

My neighbor lent me his trail camera that is used for taking pictures of wildlife via a motion activated camera. I set the thing up and sure a shit the little kid was back on Saturday morning around 1am. Got a nice picture of it.

I contacted the parents Sunday morning with the photos and told them I was going to the police if they didn't do something to help their son.

I also went out and purchased and installed my own trail cam.

We'll see what's going to happen.

carabiner96

May 14, 2012, 4:25 PM
Post #14 of 42 (13032 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
edge wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

You where right edge; the parents said that their son would never do something like that and pretty much closed the door on me.

My neighbor lent me his trail camera that is used for taking pictures of wildlife via a motion activated camera. I set the thing up and sure a shit the little kid was back on Saturday morning around 1am. Got a nice picture of it.

I contacted the parents Sunday morning with the photos and told them I was going to the police if they didn't do something to help their son.

Post it up! I can't believe the kid came back AfTEr you yelled at him... At this point is say screw the parents and go straight to police, you have a future serial killer on your hands.

chadnsc

May 14, 2012, 4:30 PM
Post #15 of 42 (13029 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
edge wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

Post it up! I can't believe the kid came back AfTEr you yelled at him... At this point is say screw the parents and go straight to police, you have a future serial killer on your hands.

Oh I'd love to post the pictures but time on this site has taught me that sometimes it's best to keep those photos to myself and the police.

I'm going to give the parents a chance to actively deal with this as I could see how this may be a shock to them (OMG, not my little boy!). I will however be contacting the police by the end of this week if they have not gotten the kid help.

Oh any my trailcam is staying up and my dog isn't allowed outside off leash even when we are with.

squierbypetzl

May 14, 2012, 6:44 PM
Post #16 of 42 (13009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Poor dog, it ain't his fault.

I strongly discourage anyone from posting pictures of other peoples children without the consent of the parents, especially if said pictures were taken with a hidden camera. You almost certainly haven't done anything wrong, and I see you already understand how this might play out negatively, but it's worth saying for those who didn't already understand.

Props for going out of your way to avoid confrontation and giving both the kid and the parents a chance. Unfortunately, the parents probably won't get the message.

squierbypetzl

May 14, 2012, 6:46 PM
Post #17 of 42 (13005 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Another thought, if the kid peers into your yard again you might want to consider getting video and audio of you telling him that chocolate is highly poisonous to dogs (no yelling or screaming). That way the parents won't have an easy way out.

Partner happiegrrrl

May 14, 2012, 7:04 PM
Post #18 of 42 (12999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

While it's not a given, I would be very concerned about this kid and what may happen in the future, It's fairly common knowledge that chocolate is poisonous to dogs. It's also pretty common knowledge that many sociopath murderers killed animals when they were kids(the murderer, not the animal).

If this were my dog/ situation, I would go to the police and file a report. I would see about what actions I would need to take to do what I could to reduce the chance the kid would come back to my property., I would absolutely see about a restraining order(though against a minor, I don't know if that is even possible).

I would see if I could have the police come with me to talk to the parents to let them know that under no circumstances, yadda, yadda,

And i would be vigiilent in making sure my dog was not left unattended. No letting him out to run a pee in the yard without a leash. No dog foods stored in garage. Secure house when you aren't home.

And last but not least, pray they move away.

I am sorry for you and for your wonderful little Puggle, but this doesn't sound good at all.

scrapedape

May 14, 2012, 7:28 PM
Post #19 of 42 (12994 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

From NY Times Magazine this weekend:

Can a 9 year old be a psychopath?

This shit is seriously disturbing.

These kids have a well developed sense of vengeance. Keep an eye on your dog, even if this appears to blow over.

chadnsc

May 15, 2012, 1:32 AM
Post #20 of 42 (12970 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

suierbbypetzl-

You're 100% right, I will not post pictures of this kid, ever. Thanks for the advice about videotaping me explaining things to the kid, good idea.

I am quite aware that I will probably have to go to the cops about this and I am not taking this lightly. I know that the kid is displaying some rather classic signs of serial killer in the making. We all are all going out of our way to keep everyone calm and hopefully this kid will get help if he needs it.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea I want to point out that the trail-cam isn't hidden. It's a 9" x 12" x 6" green box that is cable locked to a deck post. While their is no sign saying 'camera' on it it is clearly visible from the other side of the alley (which is the kids backyard) When it takes pictures, especially at night a flash goes off. The camera will only take pictures of things 12' away or less which is well within my property.

I have documented the camera's setup via photos.

edge

May 15, 2012, 2:36 AM
Post #21 of 42 (12960 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You could also contact his school guidance counselor, who should have training in this type of behavior and additional resources to deal with him.

chadnsc

May 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #22 of 42 (12939 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
You could also contact his school guidance counselor, who should have training in this type of behavior and additional resources to deal with him.

Thanks for the advice, I will do that.

guangzhou

May 15, 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #23 of 42 (12930 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not sure if the school guidance counselor will get involved on this one. Outside of school and potential problems for them. Especially if parents go ape about the guidance counselor talking about their child with someone not related. I think the cops are a better way. Even child services if you have proof of the behavior now.

I still think waking his parent in the middle of the night would be good therapy, especially if you had a cop car with flashing light to support you. Sometime, making life inconvenient for the parents is just what's needed.

I agree, kids sounds like a creep to me.

chadnsc

May 15, 2012, 3:27 PM
Post #24 of 42 (12911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought I make this topic a little more fluffy and post some pictures of Dexter. . . .

ninepointeight

May 15, 2012, 4:00 PM
Post #25 of 42 (12902 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] Dumb A** Kid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

csproul wrote:
How did you not go over to the little fu**er's house right then and there?

Yup... this!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook