First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Kartessa

May 17, 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #1 of 26 (16886 views)
Shortcut

Hey dudebrah
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

Greggle

May 17, 2012, 1:39 AM
Post #2 of 26 (16875 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

Duh!

notapplicable

May 17, 2012, 3:37 AM
Post #3 of 26 (16828 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail. It doesn't hurt too much, more just uncomfortable. I've never had one before though so I can't be sure.

Does anybody have experience with ingrown toenails?

bjbkkb

May 17, 2012, 3:45 AM
Post #4 of 26 (16818 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

soak your foot in some hot water with Epsom salts in it.

shimanilami

May 17, 2012, 6:43 AM
Post #5 of 26 (16766 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got them all the time as a kid and ended up having a procedure done on both big toes, where the doctor removed about half of the toenails (cut them down the middle and pulled off half the nail with some pliers) and killed that portion of the nail "follicle" (?) with some chemical. It hurt to walk for a few weeks, but basically solved the problem. Pretty extreme, but it worked.

qwert

May 17, 2012, 8:24 AM
Post #6 of 26 (16750 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, wheigt west = dude bra?

shimanilami wrote:
I got them all the time as a kid and ended up having a procedure done on both big toes, where the doctor removed about half of the toenails (cut them down the middle and pulled off half the nail with some pliers) and killed that portion of the nail "follicle" (?) with some chemical. It hurt to walk for a few weeks, but basically solved the problem. Pretty extreme, but it worked.
Had the same done, and it just made stuff worse. It never regrew properly.

The only thing that somewhat helped was "medical manicure" (dont know the right term in english), where some "paper" was stuffed in under and around the toenail, to widen the flesh around it, so that it could move out again.

Welcome to a life of ugly, wierd toes! (But sandals and flipflops are ugly anyways…)

qwert

Kartessa

May 17, 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #7 of 26 (16739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail. It doesn't hurt too much, more just uncomfortable. I've never had one before though so I can't be sure.

Motherfucker hijacked my thread!

qwert

May 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #8 of 26 (16716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Well, hijacking airplanes became quite hard, with all that new safety stuff they have, so he had to hijack your thread!

qwert

SylviaSmile

May 17, 2012, 1:51 PM
Post #9 of 26 (16663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

EAT MORE BACON!

Kartessa, I lol'ed Cool

SylviaSmile

May 17, 2012, 1:54 PM
Post #10 of 26 (16659 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:

When I was a kid I narrowly avoided having to have this done by using the Epsom salts bath described above. Also, wearing sandals/non-constricting shoes whenever possible was part of the treatment. My younger brother was not so lucky, and it sounds extremely unpleasant to let it get to the point of medical intervention.

lena_chita

May 17, 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #11 of 26 (16587 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qwert] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qwert wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Well, hijacking airplanes became quite hard, with all that new safety stuff they have, so he had to hijack your thread!

qwert

Hijacking airplanes is not that hard. But I agree, hijacking a thread is way easier.

Partner cracklover

May 17, 2012, 4:51 PM
Post #12 of 26 (16552 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

EAT MORE BACON!

I don't recommend this. Recently I spent the better part of three weeks visiting friends and family, and generally eating way too much. I came home to discover I'd gained somewhere around 5 to 8 pounds. It's been a bitch to try to lose it again.

On the other hand, yesterday I put on a backpack that weighed more than I do. Walking with it on was quite the challenge, but taking it off was quite easy.

So, really, if you have reason to put on weight, I'd recommend putting it on in a form you can easily take it off again.

GO

Kartessa

May 17, 2012, 4:57 PM
Post #13 of 26 (16541 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

EAT MORE BACON!

I don't recommend this. Recently I spent the better part of three weeks visiting friends and family, and generally eating way too much. I came home to discover I'd gained somewhere around 5 to 8 pounds. It's been a bitch to try to lose it again.

On the other hand, yesterday I put on a backpack that weighed more than I do. Walking with it on was quite the challenge, but taking it off was quite easy.

So, really, if you have reason to put on weight, I'd recommend putting it on in a form you can easily take it off again.

GO

5-8lbs!? Pfft! Amateur.

I've given myself an extra 20lbs since my son's diagnosis in November.

granite_grrl

May 17, 2012, 4:58 PM
Post #14 of 26 (16539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

EAT MORE BACON!

GO

Yes, but Kartessa's method gives us the instantanious self gratification we so often deny ourselves. No more starving yourself of the best things out there, like bacon, cookies and pasta with alfredo sauce. No more guilt about cracking that extra beer (or three) after work. No more self hatred when you have ice cream for breakfast....and you get wicked strong fingers.

Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Partner cracklover

May 17, 2012, 5:13 PM
Post #15 of 26 (16529 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

EAT MORE BACON!

GO

5-8lbs!? Pfft! Amateur.

I've given myself an extra 20lbs since my son's diagnosis in November.

Hmm... some quick math suggests that I gained weight much more quickly. And really sorry to hear your son's unwell. Unsure

granite_grrl wrote:
Yes, but Kartessa's method gives us the instantanious self gratification we so often deny ourselves. No more starving yourself of the best things out there, like bacon, cookies and pasta with alfredo sauce. No more guilt about cracking that extra beer (or three) after work. No more self hatred when you have ice cream for breakfast....and you get wicked strong fingers.

Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Hmm... you make an excellent point. But then my wife starts calling me Tubby, and I don't like that very much. Maybe if I stop bathing she won't notice the wobbly middle when I take my shirt off - she'll be too busy gagging and backing away.

GO

jamesnater

May 17, 2012, 8:14 PM
Post #16 of 26 (16469 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I went to a bacon explosion bbq party recently.

(this is what a bacon explosion is)

It changed my life

link!
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/...pes/bacon-explosion/

(This post was edited by jamesnater on May 17, 2012, 11:50 PM)

donald949

May 17, 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #17 of 26 (16420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

EAT MORE BACON!
That was not a weight vest I was wearing.
MOG

Kartessa

May 18, 2012, 9:52 AM
Post #18 of 26 (16389 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

chadnsc

May 18, 2012, 12:46 PM
Post #19 of 26 (16382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Fuck you mods

Bitchbitchbicth. Tongue

SylviaSmile

May 18, 2012, 1:18 PM
Post #20 of 26 (16369 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

Fuck you mods

It is sad to be banished to Community. I felt that my ham sandwich thread was totally about climbing. Angelic

notapplicable

May 18, 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #21 of 26 (16354 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

Fuck you mods

Sweet success, oh how I like to revel in the!

Greggle

May 18, 2012, 3:36 PM
Post #22 of 26 (16343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

Fuck you mods

I've never been more attracted to you.

Disclosure: I'm ignorant of your actual gender, but I don't much care.

donald949

May 18, 2012, 5:56 PM
Post #23 of 26 (16329 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

Fuck you mods

It is sad to be banished to Community. I felt that my ham sandwich thread was totally about climbing. Angelic
Well yea, ham sammies are climbing. Perhaps trad climbing, but those specific areas are little used.

SylviaSmile

May 18, 2012, 7:42 PM
Post #24 of 26 (16313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

Fuck you mods

Well yea, ham sammies are climbing. Perhaps trad climbing, but those specific areas are little used.

Yeah, if the "Living out of your car" thread gets to stay in "Climbing", then this one and the ham sandwich one ought to be able to go back too . . .

Kartessa

May 18, 2012, 9:27 PM
Post #25 of 26 (16298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

Fuck you mods

Yeah, if the "Living out of your car" thread gets to stay in "Climbing", then this one and the ham sandwich one ought to be able to go back too . . .

I should cross-post this thread n00b-style in all the forumz!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook