Forums: Community: Campground:
Hey dudebrah
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


Kartessa


May 16, 2012, 6:34 PM
Post #1 of 26 (2674 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Hey dudebrah
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!


Greggle


May 16, 2012, 6:39 PM
Post #2 of 26 (2663 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 26, 2010
Posts: 226

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

Duh!


notapplicable


May 16, 2012, 8:37 PM
Post #3 of 26 (2616 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail. It doesn't hurt too much, more just uncomfortable. I've never had one before though so I can't be sure.

Does anybody have experience with ingrown toenails?


bjbkkb


May 16, 2012, 8:45 PM
Post #4 of 26 (2606 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 13, 2012
Posts: 9

Re: [notapplicable] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

soak your foot in some hot water with Epsom salts in it.


shimanilami


May 16, 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #5 of 26 (2554 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 24, 2006
Posts: 2043

Re: [notapplicable] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I got them all the time as a kid and ended up having a procedure done on both big toes, where the doctor removed about half of the toenails (cut them down the middle and pulled off half the nail with some pliers) and killed that portion of the nail "follicle" (?) with some chemical. It hurt to walk for a few weeks, but basically solved the problem. Pretty extreme, but it worked.


qwert


May 17, 2012, 1:24 AM
Post #6 of 26 (2538 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 24, 2004
Posts: 2392

Re: [shimanilami] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, wheigt west = dude bra?


shimanilami wrote:
I got them all the time as a kid and ended up having a procedure done on both big toes, where the doctor removed about half of the toenails (cut them down the middle and pulled off half the nail with some pliers) and killed that portion of the nail "follicle" (?) with some chemical. It hurt to walk for a few weeks, but basically solved the problem. Pretty extreme, but it worked.
Had the same done, and it just made stuff worse. It never regrew properly.

The only thing that somewhat helped was "medical manicure" (dont know the right term in english), where some "paper" was stuffed in under and around the toenail, to widen the flesh around it, so that it could move out again.

Welcome to a life of ugly, wierd toes! (But sandals and flipflops are ugly anyways…)

qwert


Kartessa


May 17, 2012, 3:15 AM
Post #7 of 26 (2527 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [notapplicable] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail. It doesn't hurt too much, more just uncomfortable. I've never had one before though so I can't be sure.

Does anybody have experience with ingrown toenails?


Motherfucker hijacked my thread!


qwert


May 17, 2012, 4:53 AM
Post #8 of 26 (2504 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 24, 2004
Posts: 2392

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail. It doesn't hurt too much, more just uncomfortable. I've never had one before though so I can't be sure.

Does anybody have experience with ingrown toenails?


Motherfucker hijacked my thread!
Well, hijacking airplanes became quite hard, with all that new safety stuff they have, so he had to hijack your thread!

qwert


SylviaSmile


May 17, 2012, 6:51 AM
Post #9 of 26 (2451 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

Kartessa, I lol'ed Cool


SylviaSmile


May 17, 2012, 6:54 AM
Post #10 of 26 (2447 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [shimanilami] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shimanilami wrote:
I got them all the time as a kid and ended up having a procedure done on both big toes, where the doctor removed about half of the toenails (cut them down the middle and pulled off half the nail with some pliers) and killed that portion of the nail "follicle" (?) with some chemical. It hurt to walk for a few weeks, but basically solved the problem. Pretty extreme, but it worked.

When I was a kid I narrowly avoided having to have this done by using the Epsom salts bath described above. Also, wearing sandals/non-constricting shoes whenever possible was part of the treatment. My younger brother was not so lucky, and it sounds extremely unpleasant to let it get to the point of medical intervention.


lena_chita
Moderator

May 17, 2012, 8:59 AM
Post #11 of 26 (2375 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5600

Re: [qwert] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qwert wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I think I'm getting an ingrown toenail. It doesn't hurt too much, more just uncomfortable. I've never had one before though so I can't be sure.

Does anybody have experience with ingrown toenails?


Motherfucker hijacked my thread!
Well, hijacking airplanes became quite hard, with all that new safety stuff they have, so he had to hijack your thread!

qwert


Hijacking airplanes is not that hard. But I agree, hijacking a thread is way easier.


Partner cracklover


May 17, 2012, 9:51 AM
Post #12 of 26 (2340 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9979

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

I don't recommend this. Recently I spent the better part of three weeks visiting friends and family, and generally eating way too much. I came home to discover I'd gained somewhere around 5 to 8 pounds. It's been a bitch to try to lose it again.

On the other hand, yesterday I put on a backpack that weighed more than I do. Walking with it on was quite the challenge, but taking it off was quite easy.

So, really, if you have reason to put on weight, I'd recommend putting it on in a form you can easily take it off again.

GO


Kartessa


May 17, 2012, 9:57 AM
Post #13 of 26 (2329 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [cracklover] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

I don't recommend this. Recently I spent the better part of three weeks visiting friends and family, and generally eating way too much. I came home to discover I'd gained somewhere around 5 to 8 pounds. It's been a bitch to try to lose it again.

On the other hand, yesterday I put on a backpack that weighed more than I do. Walking with it on was quite the challenge, but taking it off was quite easy.

So, really, if you have reason to put on weight, I'd recommend putting it on in a form you can easily take it off again.

GO

5-8lbs!? Pfft! Amateur.

I've given myself an extra 20lbs since my son's diagnosis in November.


granite_grrl


May 17, 2012, 9:58 AM
Post #14 of 26 (2327 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: 14715

Re: [cracklover] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

I don't recommend this. Recently I spent the better part of three weeks visiting friends and family, and generally eating way too much. I came home to discover I'd gained somewhere around 5 to 8 pounds. It's been a bitch to try to lose it again.

On the other hand, yesterday I put on a backpack that weighed more than I do. Walking with it on was quite the challenge, but taking it off was quite easy.

So, really, if you have reason to put on weight, I'd recommend putting it on in a form you can easily take it off again.

GO

Yes, but Kartessa's method gives us the instantanious self gratification we so often deny ourselves. No more starving yourself of the best things out there, like bacon, cookies and pasta with alfredo sauce. No more guilt about cracking that extra beer (or three) after work. No more self hatred when you have ice cream for breakfast....and you get wicked strong fingers.

Sounds like the best of both worlds.


Partner cracklover


May 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #15 of 26 (2317 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 9979

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!

I don't recommend this. Recently I spent the better part of three weeks visiting friends and family, and generally eating way too much. I came home to discover I'd gained somewhere around 5 to 8 pounds. It's been a bitch to try to lose it again.

On the other hand, yesterday I put on a backpack that weighed more than I do. Walking with it on was quite the challenge, but taking it off was quite easy.

So, really, if you have reason to put on weight, I'd recommend putting it on in a form you can easily take it off again.

GO

5-8lbs!? Pfft! Amateur.

I've given myself an extra 20lbs since my son's diagnosis in November.

Hmm... some quick math suggests that I gained weight much more quickly. And really sorry to hear your son's unwell. Unsure

granite_grrl wrote:
Yes, but Kartessa's method gives us the instantanious self gratification we so often deny ourselves. No more starving yourself of the best things out there, like bacon, cookies and pasta with alfredo sauce. No more guilt about cracking that extra beer (or three) after work. No more self hatred when you have ice cream for breakfast....and you get wicked strong fingers.

Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Hmm... you make an excellent point. But then my wife starts calling me Tubby, and I don't like that very much. Maybe if I stop bathing she won't notice the wobbly middle when I take my shirt off - she'll be too busy gagging and backing away.

GO


jamesnater


May 17, 2012, 1:14 PM
Post #16 of 26 (2257 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2011
Posts: 130

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I went to a bacon explosion bbq party recently.

(this is what a bacon explosion is)



It changed my life





link!
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/...pes/bacon-explosion/


(This post was edited by jamesnater on May 17, 2012, 4:50 PM)


donald949


May 17, 2012, 4:53 PM
Post #17 of 26 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
If you wanted to flail on a V1, you don't need a weight vest. Just do what I do:

EAT MORE BACON!
That was not a weight vest I was wearing.
MOG


Kartessa


May 18, 2012, 2:52 AM
Post #18 of 26 (2177 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [donald949] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods


chadnsc


May 18, 2012, 5:46 AM
Post #19 of 26 (2170 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

Bitchbitchbicth. Tongue


SylviaSmile


May 18, 2012, 6:18 AM
Post #20 of 26 (2157 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

It is sad to be banished to Community. I felt that my ham sandwich thread was totally about climbing. Angelic


notapplicable


May 18, 2012, 7:54 AM
Post #21 of 26 (2142 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17766

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

Sweet success, oh how I like to revel in the!


Greggle


May 18, 2012, 8:36 AM
Post #22 of 26 (2131 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 26, 2010
Posts: 226

Re: [Kartessa] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

I've never been more attracted to you.

Disclosure: I'm ignorant of your actual gender, but I don't much care.


donald949


May 18, 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #23 of 26 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11345

Re: [SylviaSmile] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

It is sad to be banished to Community. I felt that my ham sandwich thread was totally about climbing. Angelic
Well yea, ham sammies are climbing. Perhaps trad climbing, but those specific areas are little used.


SylviaSmile


May 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #24 of 26 (2101 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 3, 2011
Posts: 982

Re: [donald949] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

It is sad to be banished to Community. I felt that my ham sandwich thread was totally about climbing. Angelic
Well yea, ham sammies are climbing. Perhaps trad climbing, but those specific areas are little used.

Yeah, if the "Living out of your car" thread gets to stay in "Climbing", then this one and the ham sandwich one ought to be able to go back too . . .


Kartessa


May 18, 2012, 2:27 PM
Post #25 of 26 (2086 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [SylviaSmile] Hey dudebrah [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Wtf mods!? I posted this about climbing, training and weight gain. Why you gotta near-shit-can the post and send it to scummunity?!

One OT reply and it's banished to the darkest corners of the forum. Fuck, even NA's hijacking in the name of "ingrown toenails" can still help climbers.

Now my stoner joke will be filled with ponies and Chad.

Fuck you mods

It is sad to be banished to Community. I felt that my ham sandwich thread was totally about climbing. Angelic
Well yea, ham sammies are climbing. Perhaps trad climbing, but those specific areas are little used.

Yeah, if the "Living out of your car" thread gets to stay in "Climbing", then this one and the ham sandwich one ought to be able to go back too . . .

I should cross-post this thread n00b-style in all the forumz!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook