RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

p8ntballsk8r

May 29, 2012, 6:08 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1212 views)
Shortcut

Looking for Approach Shoes and Amazing harness
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking for some very comfortable but durable approach shoes for the summer. I'm about to get some Chaco's, but I also want a nice pair of closed toe approach shoes for daily class 3 approaches.

As far as a new harness goes, I've been using a BD Momentum for about 3 years and have decided I want to upgrade to something that is very very comfortable. I like to climb sport at my limit, I'm still learning trad but plan to climb trad and mixed routes just under my limit, and finally, I'm looking to do a lot of multi pitch routes this summer. I've heard that big wall harnesses are great, but I don't think it would suite me well for trad and especially sport.

Your Input is appreciated!

sungam

May 29, 2012, 7:21 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1192 views)
Shortcut

Re: [p8ntballsk8r] Looking for Approach Shoes and Amazing harness [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the Evolv stryker shoes and the arc'teryx girlie harness.

billcoe_

May 29, 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1135 views)
Shortcut

Re: [p8ntballsk8r] Looking for Approach Shoes and Amazing harness [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

p8ntballsk8r wrote:
I'm looking for some very comfortable but durable approach shoes for the summer. I'm about to get some Chaco's, but I also want a nice pair of closed toe approach shoes for daily class 3 approaches.

As far as a new harness goes, I've been using a BD Momentum for about 3 years and have decided I want to upgrade to something that is very very comfortable. I like to climb sport at my limit, I'm still learning trad but plan to climb trad and mixed routes just under my limit, and finally, I'm looking to do a lot of multi pitch routes this summer. I've heard that big wall harnesses are great, but I don't think it would suite me well for trad and especially sport.

Your Input is appreciated!

Comfortable and durable = LaSportiva Ganda ($$$!), Cirque or Boulder X approach shoes. Not durable, less $ and climb better = 5.10 Guide Tennies.

Harness- the Misty Mountain Cadillac usually considered the best all around harness made. However, if you will be hanging little in it, get a lighter weight Misty Mountain like the Sonic. X2 better than any BD harness IMO. Runnerup is the Metolius Safe Tech. (not the massive Waldo which is a great but heavy specialty wall harness)

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook