Premier Sponsor:

blondgecko

May 30, 2012, 3:07 AM
Post #1 of 5 (346 views)
Shortcut

Credit where credit's due
Report this Post
Can't Post

Uber-conservative Michael Fumento unloads both barrels at the far right wing. It's a beautiful thing.

Partner rrrADAM

May 30, 2012, 4:44 AM
Post #2 of 5 (340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] Credit where credit's due [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice read, Tristan... Thanx!

In reply to:
...The last thing hysteria promoters want is calm, reasoned argument backed by facts...

Perhaps we could put those 'hysteria promoters' behind an electrified wire fence...

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on May 30, 2012, 4:54 AM)

SylviaSmile

May 30, 2012, 5:55 AM
Post #3 of 5 (319 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blondgecko] Credit where credit's due [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Nothing the new right does is evidently outrageous enough to receive more than a peep of indignation from the new right.

I'm wondering just how new the "new right" he's talking about really is . . . after all, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh have been around for a while, no? Also, I think there's nastiness on both sides of the political divide--maybe it's the case that the "new right" has been working harder to claim the nastiest image, though!

scrapedape

May 30, 2012, 6:54 AM
Post #4 of 5 (314 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Credit where credit's due [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
In reply to:
Nothing the new right does is evidently outrageous enough to receive more than a peep of indignation from the new right.

I'm wondering just how new the "new right" he's talking about really is . . . after all, Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh have been around for a while, no? Also, I think there's nastiness on both sides of the political divide--maybe it's the case that the "new right" has been working harder to claim the nastiest image, though!

Spare us the false equivalence bullshit. Or rather I should say, put up or shut up; show me the left-wing equivalents to these gems, and I'll consider a discussion:

In reply to:
Yet now I find myself linked not only with the Unabomber, but also Charles Manson and Fidel Castro. Or so says the Chicago-based think tank the Heartland Institute, for which I’ve done work. Heartland erected billboards depicting the above three declaring: “I still believe in Global Warming. Do you?” Climate scientists now, evidently, share something in common with dictators and mass murderers.

Show me a semi-prominent liberal think tank that has equated acceptance of a scientific consensus to terrorism, tyranny and mass murder. In fact, try and show me an example of any one of the above.

In reply to:
Last month U.S. Rep. Allen West, a Florida Republican recently considered by some as vice-president material, insisted that there are “78 to 81” Democrats in Congress who are members of the Communist Party, again with little condemnation from the new right.

Show me a Democratic member of Congress who has accused his colleagues across the aisle of secretly being members of a Fascist party.

SylviaSmile

May 30, 2012, 7:07 AM
Post #5 of 5 (310 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrapedape] Credit where credit's due [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't necessarily say the two sides were equivalent; in fact, if you'll notice, I said the far right has been working harder to win the battles of nastiness. Still, I see attack ads come out from both political parties for pretty much any major election, so I figure it's not an isolated problem.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$53.96 (10% off)
$13.46 (10% off)
$2.92 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook