Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Climbing Partner for Montagne D'Argent June 15 or 16 Trad or Sport, I Have Rope and Rack
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

ecade

Jun 12, 2012, 6:57 AM
Post #1 of 4 (491 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Partner for Montagne D'Argent June 15 or 16 Trad or Sport, I Have Rope and Rack
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm heading up to Tremblant this weekend for a good buddies stag party. On Friday, June 15th everyone is going Golfing, I hate golf... I have a car and will be staying in Tremblant village. I'd love to plug some pro or clip some bolt on Montagne D'argent slabby dolomite(?).

I can climb upto 5.12 on sport but am new to trad and still somewhat of a chicken on gear. I've climbed upto 5.7 in Ontario and 5.8 on Red Rock's slabby sandstone. Have a rope and rack and happy to lead and also follow. I'd prefer to climb trad, I think Montagne D'argent will be a great place for me to develop since the rock quality is great and its slabby. I have been there before and have a guide book.

I have some multi-pitch experience, have taken trad and self-rescue classes from an AMGA instructor. I have been climbing for about 8 years, this is my second season leading.

I am always a positive, attentive and supportive belayer. Rest assured when you climb, if you look down, you'll see me watching your every move.

I'm able to drive, and if you are a group of two already and will take on a 3rd i'll happily bring you some cold beers too!

email ecadesky@Hotmail.com or text or call 416 930 1703

cheers
Eli

dagibbs

Jun 12, 2012, 9:58 PM
Post #2 of 4 (474 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ecade] Climbing Partner for Montagne D'Argent June 15 or 16 Trad or Sport, I Have Rope and Rack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ecade wrote:
I'd love to plug some pro or clip some bolt on Montagne D'argent slabby dolomite(?).

Nope, granite. (Ok, a climber would say granite, a geologist might say granitic gneiss.)

ecade

Jun 13, 2012, 5:08 AM
Post #3 of 4 (459 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dagibbs] Climbing Partner for Montagne D'Argent June 15 or 16 Trad or Sport, I Have Rope and Rack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Granite???
Like that really strong and sturdy stuff that makes trad less scary?

Well than screw that I'm out :)

dagibbs

Jun 13, 2012, 7:35 AM
Post #4 of 4 (454 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ecade] Climbing Partner for Montagne D'Argent June 15 or 16 Trad or Sport, I Have Rope and Rack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ecade wrote:
Granite???
Like that really strong and sturdy stuff that makes trad less scary?

Well than screw that I'm out :)

Exactly!

Of course, it still has Canadian freeze-thaw winters to make holds occasionally pop-off in your hands, though. So, that should add a bit of the excitement back.

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook