RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

p8ntballsk8r

Jun 23, 2012, 2:08 PM
Post #1 of 2 (824 views)
Shortcut

What makes a good climbing shoe good? I really like the cheap ones
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just blew out my 2nd pair of Coyote Lace ups from 5.10, I've yet to notice being held back from my limit by my shoes. I like the comfort and price of the Coyote's, and could not stand the feel of any La Sportivas that I've tried on. Is there any reason that I should look for really nice shoes? I mainly climb sport, hoping to get a trad rack eventually and I love multipitches and have been trying to do a lot of them lately. My shoes are comfortable enough to wear on a 5 hour long climb, or even belay in. I'm also not a big fan of very tight or aggressive shoes and crack climbing isn't my favorite either.

moose_droppings

Jun 23, 2012, 4:18 PM
Post #2 of 2 (789 views)
Shortcut

Re: [p8ntballsk8r] What makes a good climbing shoe good? I really like the cheap ones [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

p8ntballsk8r wrote:
I just blew out my 2nd pair of Coyote Lace ups from 5.10, I've yet to notice being held back from my limit by my shoes. I like the comfort and price of the Coyote's, and could not stand the feel of any La Sportivas that I've tried on. Is there any reason that I should look for really nice shoes? I mainly climb sport, hoping to get a trad rack eventually and I love multipitches and have been trying to do a lot of them lately. My shoes are comfortable enough to wear on a 5 hour long climb, or even belay in. I'm also not a big fan of very tight or aggressive shoes and crack climbing isn't my favorite either.

Doesn't sound like you need an expensive shoe. But there's no sense in "blowing out" your other shoes before getting them resoled. Get another pair of your favorite shoes (cheap ones) and use them while the other pair is getting cobbled.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$89.96 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook