RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

przemek

Jun 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #1 of 5 (731 views)
Shortcut

Gunks and West Point partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Guys,

I moved back to NYC after 5 years abroad about a year ago and I'm looking for a climbing partner for sport and trad climbing. I've been climbing on and off since I was 17 and have been going solidly 2-4 times per week mostly indoor at BK Boulders since April. I can lead up to 5.9 and follow harder. Never done trad but very willing to learn.

I have my own business so I can be flexible with going during the week or weekend. Looking to get out to the Gunks or West Point at least once a week if not more.

I'm a 33 year old guy that camps, hikes, climbs, bikes and enjoys all things outdoors. Happy to climb with anyone that communicates well, enjoys a challenge and wants a steady and reliable climbing buddy.

Thanks guys,
Przemek

k.lo

Jul 2, 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #2 of 5 (681 views)
Shortcut

Re: [przemek] Gunks and West Point partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Przemek,

I'm definitely interested but I've only been climbing for about 6 months now. I've TR'd 5.8s a bunch of times outdoors and know how to lead climb but haven't had any lead climbing experience outdoors. I can setup anchors as well. I've got plenty of gear to start trad climbing but all of my rock pro are nuts.

Thing is, I'm in the military and can only climb during the weekends but am very committed.. matter of fact - I drive 4 hours every weekend from upstate NY to NJ to climb and see the fam. I'm on vacation until July 15th, so any time during the week I'm down to climb!

przemek

Jul 3, 2012, 2:48 PM
Post #3 of 5 (652 views)
Shortcut

Re: [k.lo] Gunks and West Point partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. Sent you an email.

laurenmarks

Jul 7, 2012, 3:11 PM
Post #4 of 5 (624 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in a similar situation - I've just moved to NYC after four years in South Africa and looking for a new climbing partner.
I'm more comfortable on sport but I have done a fair amount of tradding (mostly following).
Let me know if you'd ever like to go to the Gunks or elsewhere sometime.

EliseC

Jul 8, 2012, 2:30 PM
Post #5 of 5 (612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello

I live out in New Paltz and I'm looking for climbing partners. I am a newbie to climbing but I am definitely trying to climb regularly and get stronger at it. I am around in the mornings usually and have a day or two off every week. If anyone wants to climb let me know!

Thanks!
Becky

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook