Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Fire
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

weschrist

Jul 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #1 of 5 (687 views)
Shortcut

Fire  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Central_Utah: Maple_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Maple canyon burned. Nothing left but a pile of choss. Don't bother coming, especially if you are from CO and/or think burning your toilet paper is a good idea... especially when you are a 5 min walk from the restrooms.

weschrist

Jul 26, 2012, 5:28 PM
Post #2 of 5 (532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [weschrist] Fire [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So... apparently there have been draws on a 10b in Shady Lane since the fire. Seasonal local inhabitants have not been able to identify the owner of the draws. A couple looked like they were getting a little tattered from exposure/wind/T-storms/nearby spray. So, I took them down.

If they are yours, I am happy to get them back to you via mail or deliver them in person... with description of course.

jt512

Jul 26, 2012, 6:07 PM
Post #3 of 5 (522 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

weschrist wrote:
So... apparently there have been draws on a 10b in Shady Lane since the fire. Seasonal local inhabitants have not been able to identify the owner of the draws. A couple looked like they were getting a little tattered from exposure/wind/T-storms/nearby spray. So, I took them down.

If they are yours, I am happy to get them back to you via mail or deliver them in person... with description of course.

Of course the likelihood is nearly zero that the owner will see this post under with the subject line "Fire."

Any idea what's up with that maroon truck with a white shell parked just beyond the campground? It has a post-it note on the driver's side window saying "You must evacuate immediately. --Sanpte Co. Sheriff," so it must have been there since the fire.

weschrist

Jul 26, 2012, 6:11 PM
Post #4 of 5 (519 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Fire [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well then, they don't really deserve their draws back... not do they?

The camper in the upper meadow during the fire. They have since relocated... not sure why they still have the sticky note... I will axe.

(This post was edited by weschrist on Jul 26, 2012, 6:16 PM)

jt512

Jul 26, 2012, 6:24 PM
Post #5 of 5 (508 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

weschrist wrote:
Well then, they don't really deserve their draws back... not do they?

The camper in the upper meadow during the fire. They have since relocated... not sure why they still have the sticky note... I will axe.

I saw the truck parked in a small pull-out just above the last official camp site last week. Maybe it has been moved since then.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook