RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

AO8

Jul 18, 2012, 5:13 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1406 views)
Shortcut

SHOE COMPARISON::La Spa Testerossa VERSUS Scarpa Boostic
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I had a pair of Testerossas I gave up for the new Futura from La Sportiva. Although the "no edge" technology was hard to get used to in the beginning, I have come to like the shoes even more then my Muiras and Solutions combined. (But not my Testerossas FYI)

However, these shoes are super SENSITIVE and I've noticed they climb well outside but are going to wear down super quickly...

That being said, I am in search of a good shoe for mostly outside climbing. I want to take both pairs with me while I'm climbing (sport and bouldering)- the Futura for moderate pitches, and an all out attack boot for the steeper and more aggressive terrain.

How does the Testerossa compare to the boostic from Scarpa? Being as how I've climbed in La Sportiva for awhile and have owned a pair, I am reluctant to buy something from Scarpa. But I have heard wonderful things...

There aren't any local stores that carry the Scarpa so I need sizing help as well...

I am a 10.5-11 US mens street shoe. I wear a size 42 or US mens size 9 in my current boot-the La Sportiva Futura.

Thanks for any advice and sizing information. Peace.

(This post was edited by AO8 on Jul 18, 2012, 5:28 AM)

AO8

Jul 18, 2012, 5:27 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1399 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AO8] SHOE COMPARISON::La Spa Testerossa VERSUS Scarpa Boostic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Oh yeah, I was also considering the Evolv Shaman. Between the three I think I'll find the right boot for what I'm looking for. Thanks! Sizing and personal preferences are more then welcome. Crazy

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook