Premier Sponsor:

smallclimber

Jul 20, 2012, 2:57 AM
Post #1 of 8 (2532 views)
Shortcut

Question about pain medication
Report this Post
Can't Post

I tried this question yesterday but the post was removed as advertising, so I am trying again.
I am trying to get hold of a prescription medication that is not approved in the US but is approved in many other countries. I was previously prescribed it in the UK (where I lived until 4 years ago) and know it works well and is more effective than ibuprofen etc. I have had on and off back ache for 6 years and have had a particularly bad flair up In the past few months - probably not helped by having to lift two children under two around, and not having time or energy to do any exercise etc. At present the pain is bad enough that I can't even do the stretches that the phsysio has given me as getting up and down off the floor is so painful. I also can't chase my toddler if she runs away from me in a parking lot!
I'd like to try the medication that worked well a few years ago, and feel if I could lessen the pain I could try to get back to some stretching and strengthening exercises. I understands it's risks and why it's not approved in the US but am happy with the safety profile for myself. There is a close varient of the drug I want available in the US, but I'd rather have the one I had before.
There are a few on-line companies that appear to offer prescription medications without the need for a perscription, including those not available in the US, but are they legit or will they just rob me of my money or kill me with fake products.
Has anyone ever used such a company (I can't add the name or link because the mods think I am advertising them) but any recommendations gratefully received.

sungam

Jul 20, 2012, 8:43 AM
Post #2 of 8 (2521 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smallclimber] Question about pain medication [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

smallclimber wrote:
I can't add the name or link because the mods think I am advertising them
I reported you because the wording+link was the style often used by advertisers. Like "hey, has anyone used this site? Looks legit! [link]". You won't get banzed for mentioning the name of it and not linking it.

Sorry I can't help with the actual content.

smallclimber

Jul 20, 2012, 12:32 PM
Post #3 of 8 (2513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Question about pain medication [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I can see that it could have been seen that way. I was hoping to avoid a long post/explanation as I wasn't looking for advice or critisism on what to do about being in pain, just whether the company could be relied on. I also hoped having been a user and low level poster since 2003 it would have been clear I was genuine.
I don't think I will risk it unless I can get a personal recommendation.

sungam

Jul 20, 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #4 of 8 (2512 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

smallclimber wrote:
I also hoped having been a user and low level poster since 2003 it would have been clear I was genuine..
I assumed your password got jacked.

wonderwoman

Jul 20, 2012, 1:31 PM
Post #5 of 8 (2503 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Question about pain medication [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah - it totally looked like spambot material. Especially with the name of the company and no real content to the post.

Hope you find what you need, though!

scott.nearing

Jul 25, 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #6 of 8 (2467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sure what you want to do is against the law.

I'm not being judgmental, I take Straterra for ADD and it is like $220 a month. In other counties it is half or quarter that price because those other places do not allow drug companies to renew their patent (1/4) or require drugs be licensed to other companies past the initial protection period is over (1/2).

I take a chemically similar drug that is covered by my medical plan, but it does not work as well. I'm fully emphatic.

smallclimber

Jul 25, 2012, 2:32 PM
Post #7 of 8 (2466 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scott.nearing] Question about pain medication [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe its illegal, I am not really sure. The drug is not approved in the US, so its not that I am trying to avoid paying US prices its just that I can't get it at all in the US for any price. I would willingly pay if I could get it here (not that my doctor would perscribe it though....). Your drug is available in the US so that could be viewed as slightly different if you tried to get from Canada or elsewhere.

However I am sure the company selling it is not buying it from the Pharma company who make it (its still within patent so there should be only a single supplier) so certainly something would not be legal, but whether I would be the guilty party or not I am not sure.

I am also not sure if even attempting to get a perscription mediation without a perscription is legal regardless of where it comes from.

So sure, lots of negatives about trying this, which is why I asked.

I thought there was just a chance someone in this community might have tried to get diamox (for a high altitude trip) and their doctor refused to perscribe it and they might have tried another route. That was my thinking in asking here.

For now I am still chomping the ibuprofen. ....I am going to buy shares in that company, I must be their best customer.

granite_grrl

Jul 25, 2012, 3:53 PM
Post #8 of 8 (2454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have bought Aleve over in the States before it was avalible here in Canada. Up until a few years ago Naproxen was only avalible over the counter.

Now what I did was probably illeagel, but people smuggle small things like this over the boarder all the time. I rather doubt you'd be able to mail order any, but you might want to consider buying a few bottles next time you're over in England to bring back.

Now all that being said, I wonder about the non-drug alternatives you've tried. I know you mention a PT, but I tend to go to a Chiropractor about once a month. She helps me terrmendously. Between sessions I keep myself in tune with exercises and streching recomended by the chiropractor, but I still need to go in for a "reset" after weeks of alternating between standing on concrete floors and sitting at a desk at my job.

Massage Therapy also seems to help a lot of people. I went a few times to try it out myself without a lot of results, but it might be good for your problem.

Regardless, hope you find some relief some how! Back pain is a bitch!

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook