RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

jbrown2

Jul 31, 2012, 2:50 AM
Post #1 of 11 (5191 views)
Shortcut

What kind of Bussiness does not have their info on their website
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

A CRAPPY ONE.

To: Rock and Resole

What sort of business does not have contact info on their website. They must be scared of their feedback. Because they sure do a sub par job.

We just had 5 pairs of shoes resoled by Rock and Resole. Great turn around time, Just under two weeks. And they stock La Sportiva XS Edge. Thanks. You came very highly recommended.

Here is the issue. I asked for down turn on all shoes. This was not done. I don’t want non down turned shoes. They do me no good where I climb. So now I have some shoes with brand new rubber that are useless. If you couldn’t down turn them call me. I’ll get another company that I have had great experience with to do it.

Second. The rands you put on are a hack job. You really cut just the tip of the rand and glue on a little patch. That is NOT top of the line industry standard for rand replacement. I could see if it was a discount job but it was not. Ill be pissed if I they peel off or I find that the leather is cut under the rand too.

Three. The edge of the sole does not match up nice and square with side of the shoe. This is a major issue. If I cant edge REALLY well than the shoe becomes useless.

Four. This is not my first time having my shoes resoled. The company before did a nice job on the sole and left a nice crisp seam where the front sole was replaced. Instead of using that seam to replace the sole your resole tech decided to use one inch less rubber. Now I have two seams. The new one being one inch closer to where rubber meets rock. it just does not make sense. now there is a one inch strip in the ball of my foot. I'm thinking its going to delaminate.

You all came highly recommended. I'm fairly disappointed. 188 dollars spent. Id say I'm 60 dollars happy.

Call me

potreroed

Jul 31, 2012, 2:54 AM
Post #2 of 11 (5188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbrown2] What kind of Bussiness does not have their info on their website [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Why didn't you stay with the company that you're so happy with???

maldaly

Jul 31, 2012, 3:25 AM
Post #3 of 11 (5168 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbrown2] What kind of Bussiness does not have their info on their website [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

jbrown2,

It took me 2 seconds to find their phone number on Google. Here it is: (303) 440-0414

Would you like me to dig for an email address too?

maldaly

theextremist04

Jul 31, 2012, 4:17 AM
Post #4 of 11 (5147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There's some info here.

http://mountainproject.com/...-resole/107634735__1

wonderwoman

Jul 31, 2012, 2:42 PM
Post #5 of 11 (5051 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Moved from General to Gear Heads by WW.

At least they sent you your shoes. I had to wait 3 weeks shy of a year to get my shoes back from Prodeal Resoles. Don't even consider using them. I was shocked that I even got my shoes back.

(This post was edited by wonderwoman on Jul 31, 2012, 2:43 PM)

redlude97

Jul 31, 2012, 4:51 PM
Post #6 of 11 (5003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn, RR just did 7 pairs of shoes I sent including 4-5 pairs of downturned shoes, and almost all of them needing rand work. Hopefully they turn out ok, because they just charged me $310....I'll post pics when they come in

mr_rogers

Jul 31, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #7 of 11 (4987 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redlude97] What kind of Bussiness does not have their info on their website [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Huh... I've always had good experiences with R&R. Fast, cheap, etc, etc...

I've got a pair of 7 year old Anasazi lace-ups that have taken 3 trips to their shop, and always come back great. I've also sent them down-turned shoes which came back fine as well. I wonder if something has changed?

Got pics of the damage?

marc801

Jul 31, 2012, 5:42 PM
Post #8 of 11 (4970 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jbrown2 wrote:
Here is the issue. I asked for down turn on all shoes. This was not done. I don’t want non down turned shoes. They do me no good where I climb. So now I have some shoes with brand new rubber that are useless.
Were the shoes a downturned design originally?

jbrown2

Jul 31, 2012, 6:29 PM
Post #9 of 11 (4949 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] What kind of Bussiness does not have their info on their website [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

The pairs of shoes were miura and cobras. Both slightly down turned now both flat or curved up.

shockabuku

Jul 31, 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #10 of 11 (4883 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jbrown2 wrote:
The pairs of shoes were miura and cobras. Both slightly down turned now both flat or curved up.

Miura's don't stay downturned after use (unless you're talking about the VS's - velcro version). I doubt Cobra's do either. When I have sent in my Miura VS's they reshape them so that they come back with more of a downturn than when I send them in so I assume you're talking about the lace-up version. I think that whether or not the shoe maintains it's downturn when on your foot has a lot to do with how you size it.

I've had Rock and Resole do my Miura's (both versions) multiple times and they've always turned out well; no effect on performance. Their toe rands don't fall off, and I've had no delamination issues. Sometimes the sole rubber is ground under the shoe somewhat but I have noticed no effect on their edging ability and I use my lace-up Miura's for thin face climbing on small edges. I think they deliberately grind them that way so that you don't get rolling from the week 90 degree edge.

Anyway, I have been using their services for about 6 years for myself and three other climbers and I've had no complaints.

moose_droppings

Aug 1, 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #11 of 11 (4851 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jbrown2 wrote:
A CRAPPY ONE.

To: Rock and Resole

What sort of business does not have contact info on their website. They must be scared of their feedback. Because they sure do a sub par job.

We just had 5 pairs of shoes resoled by Rock and Resole. Great turn around time, Just under two weeks. And they stock La Sportiva XS Edge. Thanks. You came very highly recommended.

Here is the issue. I asked for down turn on all shoes. This was not done. I don’t want non down turned shoes. They do me no good where I climb. So now I have some shoes with brand new rubber that are useless. If you couldn’t down turn them call me. I’ll get another company that I have had great experience with to do it.

Second. The rands you put on are a hack job. You really cut just the tip of the rand and glue on a little patch. That is NOT top of the line industry standard for rand replacement. I could see if it was a discount job but it was not. Ill be pissed if I they peel off or I find that the leather is cut under the rand too.

Three. The edge of the sole does not match up nice and square with side of the shoe. This is a major issue. If I cant edge REALLY well than the shoe becomes useless.

Four. This is not my first time having my shoes resoled. The company before did a nice job on the sole and left a nice crisp seam where the front sole was replaced. Instead of using that seam to replace the sole your resole tech decided to use one inch less rubber. Now I have two seams. The new one being one inch closer to where rubber meets rock. it just does not make sense. now there is a one inch strip in the ball of my foot. I'm thinking its going to delaminate.

You all came highly recommended. I'm fairly disappointed. 188 dollars spent. Id say I'm 60 dollars happy.

Call me

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook