Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
NOOBIE BETA?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Darebear

Aug 2, 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1640 views)
Shortcut

NOOBIE BETA?  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Tahquitz_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok so Ive decided to look into tahquitz..

I'm 7 years off n on climber solid 5.10 sport rat whose trying to cross over to the brighter side.. I have a set of BD .5-4 Cams and 00-4 Met. TCU's with some nuts/ stoppers.. What's my best bet for this place? I've practiced a little and even took a trad class with vertical adventures on how to place gear but I do lack the experience I wish I had..

My main issue is I haven't climbed much multipitch but I'm sure I can learn along the way with whatever critiquing I need. I'm looking for the easiest route to climb and teach my gf (3 yrs climbing) how to follow me..

Looking for if possible -
Easy route/ fun route
Good ledges to belay
Rap points incase of bailing early
Less crowded (we climb mid week)

Or even a new friend to come along for the fun and show us the routes!! :)

I've heard of this friction decent? Sounds gritty!! Any info would be much appreciated and thank you ahead of time!

peterparker

Feb 21, 2013, 7:50 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1386 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Darebear] NOOBIE BETA? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

No responses at all. Really? Your question has been out there a while, but Tahquitz season will be here pretty soon. So, I would suggest climbing with an experienced partner a couple of times before you take your girlfriend. Then, when you take her on a route you have done you will be less likely to have any challenges.

Darebear wrote:
Ok so Ive decided to look into tahquitz..

I'm 7 years off n on climber solid 5.10 sport rat whose trying to cross over to the brighter side.. I have a set of BD .5-4 Cams and 00-4 Met. TCU's with some nuts/ stoppers.. What's my best bet for this place? I've practiced a little and even took a trad class with vertical adventures on how to place gear but I do lack the experience I wish I had..

My main issue is I haven't climbed much multipitch but I'm sure I can learn along the way with whatever critiquing I need. I'm looking for the easiest route to climb and teach my gf (3 yrs climbing) how to follow me..

Looking for if possible -
Easy route/ fun route
Good ledges to belay
Rap points incase of bailing early
Less crowded (we climb mid week)

Or even a new friend to come along for the fun and show us the routes!! :)

I've heard of this friction decent? Sounds gritty!! Any info would be much appreciated and thank you ahead of time!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook