Premier Sponsor:

Oldfatrad

Aug 16, 2012, 9:46 AM
Post #1 of 11 (621 views)
Shortcut

The Clash of Civilizations
Report this Post
Can't Post

The harsh language coming out of Israel the last few days sure makes war with Iran/Syria/Lebanon look imminent.

dr_feelgood

Aug 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #2 of 11 (608 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Oldfatrad] The Clash of Civilizations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oldfatrad wrote:
The harsh language coming out of Israel the last few days sure makes war with Iran/Syria/Lebanon look imminent.
You are probably a racist.

Oldfatrad

Aug 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #3 of 11 (603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Clash of Civilizations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr. feelgood,

What makes you say that????? I want Jews(Israelis) and Arabs(Islam) to live in harmony, respecting each others values and beliefs.

Oldfatrad

Aug 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #4 of 11 (595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

David Rothkopf
The Iranian nuclear program continues moving closer to weapons capability. Diplomacy doesn't seem to be working. And the Iranians themselves have matched their rhetoric about the annihilation of Israel with direct support for attacks on its people, like the suicide-bomb murder of five Israeli tourists in Bulgaria, which U.S. officials have linked to Iran.
It is often hard for Americans to grasp the idea of an existential threat to a nation. Since the end of the Cold War, the notion that any single actor with any single act could effectively obliterate Americans or their lifestyle is very hard for many people to get their brains around. But that is exactly the threat that Israelis face from even a "limited" Iranian nuclear attack.
And though it is reasonable to debate whether the Iranians would actually use such a weapon against Israel given the likely consequences for them, from the Israeli perspective, given Iranian threats and actions, the risks of guessing wrong about the intent of the leaders in Tehran are so high that inaction could easily be seen to be the imprudent path. (Foreign Policy)

dr_feelgood

Aug 16, 2012, 11:47 AM
Post #5 of 11 (588 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oldfatrad wrote:
dr. feelgood,

What makes you say that????? I want Jews(Israelis) and Arabs(Islam) to live in harmony, respecting each others values and beliefs.
How paternalistic of you.

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #6 of 11 (580 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oldfatrad wrote:
dr. feelgood,

Actually, there are a lot of Christians who are Arabs, so your statement shows a lack of even basic understanding.

And do you know the word Christian Arabs use for God? Allah, as it simply means God... The SAME God in all 3 major Abrahamic Religions (I.e., Judaism, Christianity, Islam), despite what the willfully ignorant wish to believe. In fact, Jesus, who spoke Aramaic (and Koine Greek) also called God, "Allah", as that is the Aramaic word for God... Jesus was not fluent in Hebrew, at all. He prayed, as per the Torah, by falling prostrate to (getting on his hands and knees and bowing his head) and prayed to "Allah"... What other religion does that?

Lastly... While there are people in Iran who are of Arabic decent, native Iranians are NOT Arabs, but Persians... They also do NOT even speak the same language, but speak Farci.

And, while there aren't many, there are also Christians who are Israelis.

A little research may give you a clearer picture of reality... Remember, the more informed one is, the more of an "informed" opinion they can have.

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Aug 16, 2012, 1:00 PM)

Oldfatrad

Aug 16, 2012, 2:12 PM
Post #7 of 11 (552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] The Clash of Civilizations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrAdam,

I'm well aware of all of the information you have provided, thank you.

But, when I use those terms on climbing forums, they are only referencing the political/religious leaders of current Arab states and Iran.

TheTool

pinktricam

Aug 16, 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #8 of 11 (519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oldfatrad wrote:
dr. feelgood,

dude, the "dr." in dr. feelgood is shorthand for douche rag. I wouldn't worry too much about the dr's opinion.

your post was very christ-like...no worries.

dr_feelgood

Aug 17, 2012, 8:39 AM
Post #9 of 11 (486 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] The Clash of Civilizations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Oldfatrad wrote:
dr. feelgood,

dude, the "dr." in dr. feelgood is shorthand for douche rag. I wouldn't worry too much about the dr's opinion.

You're drunk again, aren't you.

chadnsc

Aug 17, 2012, 9:59 AM
Post #10 of 11 (472 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] The Clash of Civilizations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Oldfatrad wrote:
dr. feelgood,

Your trolling has lost that interesting subtle nuances that make the reader wonder if you're serious, crazy, or just goofin'.

T0

Oldfatrad

Aug 17, 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #11 of 11 (463 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Clash of Civilizations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It will be war:

http://www.jpost.com/IranianThreat/News/Article.aspx?id=281645

TheTool

Forums : Community : The Soap Box