Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
Long climbing trip, what other gear should I have?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

UpToTheOzone

Aug 24, 2012, 1:24 PM
Post #1 of 4 (762 views)
Shortcut

Long climbing trip, what other gear should I have?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm in the planning stages of an 8 week trip finishing and spending most time in California. I've got the climbing gear that I need, but what about the camping stuff?

Things I already have are: Raincoat, puffy, sleeping bag (Synthetic and only +30),sleeping pad, tent, camp stove, 5 gallon water container, great footwear

I'm already looking into a down sleeping bag, what temp rating should I look for if I'm finishing the trip in Yosemite in late October?

I'm thinking about a hammock and know there are other things that I am missing. Looking for ideas on what is a must have or what people have wished they had in the past.

shimanilami

Aug 24, 2012, 2:21 PM
Post #2 of 4 (749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [UpToTheOzone] Long climbing trip, what other gear should I have? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Throw in a unicycle, a spear gun, and a compass and you'd be looking good.

jbrown2

Aug 25, 2012, 6:08 PM
Post #3 of 4 (688 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shimanilami] Long climbing trip, what other gear should I have? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Car camping. If so id say three buckets to hold water. get the 5 gallon ones at home depot or wherever. That way you have a great way to wash dishes.

In my youth i would just call things dirty and just make do with em the next day. I never got sick but it was grose.

Now i bring a bottle of dish soap, a small bottle of bleach and a scubbie pad.

Soap in the first bucket, rinse in the second bleach solutino in the third. Just let em air dry.

This may seem like over kill for a small group but ususaly when i set this up EVERYBODY want to do thier dishes too. So set this up make friends, trade for their cookies.

guangzhou

Aug 25, 2012, 6:58 PM
Post #4 of 4 (679 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbrown2] Long climbing trip, what other gear should I have? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Instead of a new sleeping bag, if you are car camping, consider a fleece or flannel liner. The liner is easier to clean and will make you sleeping bag warmer on colder nights. On warm night, you can use just the liner too.

Eman.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$10.89 (10% off)
$51.26 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook