Aug 25, 2012, 1:44 AM
Post #1 of 23 (1981 views)
Shortcut

What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.forbes.com/...o-know-about-canada/

Forbes wrote:
With President Barack Obama claiming the government builds success,not individuals, Mitt Romney should look north to a story Obama would rather Americans didn’t notice. Canada is outperforming the U.S. on every economic front and they’re doing it with policies Republicans say they’d like to implement.

traddad

Aug 25, 2012, 6:31 AM
Post #2 of 23 (1961 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:
With President Barack Obama claiming the government builds success,not individuals, Mitt Romney should look north to a story Obama would rather Americans didn’t notice. Canada is outperforming the U.S. on every economic front and they’re doing it with policies Republicans say they’d like to implement.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

pinktricam

Aug 25, 2012, 7:47 AM
Post #3 of 23 (1949 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:

Honey, when the SHTF you want every part of your militia intact right here, not sauntering off in the land of sheep.

dr_feelgood

Aug 25, 2012, 9:15 AM
Post #4 of 23 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:

Honey, when the SHTF you want every part of your militia intact right here, not sauntering off in the land of sheep.
So, you are admitting that you are part of a militia...
Thanks.

Partner macherry

Aug 25, 2012, 9:40 AM
Post #5 of 23 (1930 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:

we have higher standards. pinky would have to leave his precious guns at home

pinktricam

Aug 25, 2012, 2:22 PM
Post #6 of 23 (1899 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Three posts, but nothing pertaining to the article in the OP...of course!

veganclimber

Aug 25, 2012, 3:12 PM
Post #7 of 23 (1890 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Not much to say about the article. A lot of republican talking points, such as union bashing and anti-environmental policies. Some nonsense about how the US has the highest corporate tax rate in the world, which is, of course, complete bullshit. More lies about Obama's budget getting rejected by every member of congress.

What exactly does Obama not want us to know about Canada? Be specific.

ubu

Aug 25, 2012, 4:29 PM
Post #8 of 23 (1879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Don't be silly, nothing in Forbes is worth reading in the first place. It about a half step above Investors Business Daily, which itself is two steps below Fox News.

pinktricam

Aug 25, 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #9 of 23 (1872 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:

Aside from "Canada is outperforming the U.S. on every economic front and they’re doing it with policies Republicans say they’d like to implement."? Oh, probably nothing.

veganclimber

Aug 25, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #10 of 23 (1864 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:

Aside from "Canada is outperforming the U.S. on every economic front and they’re doing it with policies Republicans say they’d like to implement."? Oh, probably nothing.

That's the best you can do, quote some author?

pinktricam

Aug 25, 2012, 5:24 PM
Post #11 of 23 (1862 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:

It's better than ignoring the topic altogether

Partner macherry

Aug 25, 2012, 7:16 PM
Post #12 of 23 (1853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:

yes, the us should bring on socialized medicine, stricter gun control laws, and stop taking away women's reproductive rights.

guangzhou

Aug 25, 2012, 8:00 PM
Post #13 of 23 (1846 views)
Shortcut

Re: What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

While I generally support reducing the Federal Government, I don't see any relevance in this article to the U.S.

Let's face it, America and Canada are two very different beast.

Pink, if you think Canada is doing such a great job, maybe you should consider living there.

"Life is always greener on the other side of the fence."

Eman

veganclimber

Aug 25, 2012, 8:18 PM
Post #14 of 23 (1841 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:

It's better than ignoring the topic altogether

Not really. I would rather ignore something than blindly repeat it. Besides, I don't even know what topic I'm ignoring. I read the article and I'm not even sure what the guy is talking about. Apparently, he's using Canada as evidence that republican ideas work. If I want to read bullshit I'll go to the Onion. At least they are entertaining.

curt

Aug 25, 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #15 of 23 (1830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:

Wonderful. I could perhaps vote Republican again if they truly intend to implement a single-payer healthcare system and impose meaningful regulation on our banking system. Banking regulation in Canada is basically the only reason their housing market is in such good shape compared to ours.

Curt

pinktricam

Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #16 of 23 (1769 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What was that tag line? Oh yeah: It's the economy, stupid!

Partner rrrADAM

Aug 29, 2012, 4:14 AM
Post #17 of 23 (1729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
What was that tag line? Oh yeah: It's the economy, stupid!

Those who think that Obama did this to the economy, or could have "fixed it" already are stupid about the economy.

dan2see

Aug 29, 2012, 9:48 PM
Post #18 of 23 (1667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:

Tongue Pthhht Tongue

I think it's foolish to compare the U.S. as a country to Canada as a country. You can generalize about a lot of things, but a cross-dimensional white-wash like this is specious (look it up).

If you look at the factors that define our economy, you're looking at business and management, trade and trades, social value, and the size of our country.

But our government, and especially our PM, lack the ability or skill to control those sectors. Just the window-dressing, like duties and subsidies.

Our PM Harper especially lacks any insights into how people work, and he doesn't care. Plus, being an elected dictator, his government is not in any position to foster a prosperous nation. They cannot lead, or innovate. There is no vision for the future of the country. They can only ride on the coat-tails of the economy.

Maybe that's what Obama doesn't want Americans to know? Or maybe he thinks our government's incompetence is so outlandish that he can't even recognize it?

chadnsc

Aug 30, 2012, 5:24 AM
Post #19 of 23 (1646 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dan2see] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Forbes wrote:

Tongue Pthhht Tongue

I think it's foolish to compare the U.S. as a country to Canada as a country. You can generalize about a lot of things, but a cross-dimensional white-wash like this is specious (look it up).

If you look at the factors that define our economy, you're looking at business and management, trade and trades, social value, and the size of our country.

But our government, and especially our PM, lack the ability or skill to control those sectors. Just the window-dressing, like duties and subsidies.

Our PM Harper especially lacks any insights into how people work, and he doesn't care. Plus, being an elected dictator, his government is not in any position to foster a prosperous nation. They cannot lead, or innovate. There is no vision for the future of the country. They can only ride on the coat-tails of the economy.

Maybe that's what Obama doesn't want Americans to know? Or maybe he thinks our government's incompetence is so outlandish that he can't even recognize it?

So you're saying blame Canada?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxPRHXgYVlk

dan2see

Aug 30, 2012, 7:30 AM
Post #20 of 23 (1634 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] What Obama doesn't want you to know about Canada [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:

That video is a South Park character leading a song. But the sound is pretty fuzzy so I couldn't understand any of the lyrics.

I guess what's showing in my post is my dis-enchantment with Canada's government system, which is an elected dictatorship staffed by incompetents, as well as my fear about how our elite (the CEO's and owners of our biggest corporations) have the ability to sell our assets to the lowest bidder.

In other words, Canada has the best and most in natural resources, in nature itself. We are world leaders in science and engineering, innovation and quality products. But the folks in power like to give it away, sell it, or cancel it.

OK I'm generalizing here. But the OP's quote generalizes even worse. Plus it generalizes about two countries in one broad swipe. Worse, it puts the words in your President's mouth.

Yikes! Pirate Quick I need another pot of coffee this morning.

chadnsc

Aug 30, 2012, 9:00 AM
Post #21 of 23 (1624 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

That video is a South Park character leading a song. But the sound is pretty fuzzy so I couldn't understand any of the lyrics.

I guess what's showing in my post is my dis-enchantment with Canada's government system, which is an elected dictatorship staffed by incompetents, as well as my fear about how our elite (the CEO's and owners of our biggest corporations) have the ability to sell our assets to the lowest bidder.

In other words, Canada has the best and most in natural resources, in nature itself. We are world leaders in science and engineering, innovation and quality products. But the folks in power like to give it away, sell it, or cancel it.

OK I'm generalizing here. But the OP's quote generalizes even worse. Plus it generalizes about two countries in one broad swipe. Worse, it puts the words in your President's mouth.

Yikes! Pirate Quick I need another pot of coffee this morning.

Clean out your years man! Wink

The parents are blaming Canada for everything wrong with their kids. Tongue

pinktricam

Aug 30, 2012, 9:48 AM
Post #22 of 23 (1617 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dan2see wrote:
chadnsc wrote:

OK I'm generalizing here. But the OP's quote generalizes even worse. Plus it generalizes about two countries in one broad swipe. Worse, it puts the words in your President's mouth

Your're kinda a canadian dick, dude.....sorry.

principles are principles, in any political system.

your probably all for the Greek collapse 0.30, right?

dan2see

Aug 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #23 of 23 (1606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Your're kinda a canadian dick, dude.....sorry.

principles are principles, in any political system.

your probably all for the Greek collapse 0.30, right?

Tongue Pthhht Mad Don't call me what your mother raised. Tongue

No, a "principle" is a belief or method, laid down by anybody who wants to, and adhered to by anybody who benefits.

Well now, is "collapse" the main principle of the trouble in Greece? Maybe the trouble was caused by the government's own monetary and economic principles. I think the Greek people are mad because the Greek and European governments want the people themselves to pay for the government's past reckless abuses. Now the government is mad because the people don't want to support their lost entitlement.

So there, Mr. Dick 0.3 ! Tongue

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook