Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Slacklining:
If anyone was wondering how much it hurts to snap a line while butt bouncing...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

sungam

Aug 28, 2012, 3:34 PM
Post #1 of 7 (8161 views)
Shortcut

If anyone was wondering how much it hurts to snap a line while butt bouncing...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A metric fucking shit tonne.

Dear lawdy that thing slapped me in the thigh incredibly hard. Luckily I landed on my pad or my tailbone wouldn't feel too great either.

Don't pass off little nicks in your line as "no big deal" if you are going to bounce a lardass on it.

USnavy

Aug 29, 2012, 5:57 AM
Post #2 of 7 (8057 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] If anyone was wondering how much it hurts to snap a line while butt bouncing... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

That is what you get for using those piece of shit Gibbon nooblines. Trade up to a professional line. Get some Type-18, Mantra or Spider Silk line. The 1" Spider Silk is rated for 67kN, or about 3x what those crappy Gibbon lines hold. Even the weakest of those three options, the Type-18, is still twice as strong as normal climb-spec tubular webbing.

http://www.balancecommunity.com/Slackline-Webbing

sungam

Aug 29, 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #3 of 7 (8012 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] If anyone was wondering how much it hurts to snap a line while butt bouncing... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pfffft, I don't use a gibbon. Way to make assumptions n00bert. I use the same 1" primitive I bought in Moab when I was travelling around the US ('cept I now use a linelocker ring instead of a clove hitch).

I am on the lookout for some good deals on better webbing though. I don't feel comfortable bouncing on my line anymore. Lot's of little nicks in it. Where it snapped was seriously a tiny little nick.

abrock5

Aug 29, 2012, 2:35 PM
Post #4 of 7 (7964 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] If anyone was wondering how much it hurts to snap a line while butt bouncing... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

"A metric shit ton" is the best thing I've read on the internet in a long time. Well done sir.

dynosnore

Sep 11, 2012, 8:29 PM
Post #5 of 7 (7816 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Haha, have a giant welt you could take a picture of? Would be funny to see. Sorry about your line though, sounds real painful.

petsfed

Sep 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #6 of 7 (7790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to have a scar below my kneecap from where a biner hit me when the anchor sling on the other end of the line failed as I was tightening it.

Its long since faded (6 years of additional scars have covered it completely), but it stays pretty clear in my memory.

Afterwards, I started using 2" for tree slings, instead of 9/16", and inspected all of my stuff on a much more regular basis.

sungam

Sep 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #7 of 7 (7785 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] If anyone was wondering how much it hurts to snap a line while butt bouncing... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
I used to have a scar below my kneecap from where a biner hit me when the anchor sling on the other end of the line failed as I was tightening it.

Its long since faded (6 years of additional scars have covered it completely), but it stays pretty clear in my memory.

Afterwards, I started using 2" for tree slings, instead of 9/16", and inspected all of my stuff on a much more regular basis.
I opened the parcel containing my new 2000kg spansets and shackles literally 3 minutes ago. Previously I was using like 12mm dyneema and before that I was using 3 old slings I had found, one 10mm mammut sling (it had previously been cut and I had water-knotted it) and 2 fat nylon slings girthed together. It took a while but I am glad I ended up with the spansets without any real drama.

Next up on my buy list is banana line lockers rather then chain-link style. after that I feel my rig will be as burly as it can possibly be.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook