RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

Partner happiegrrrl

Sep 8, 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #1 of 2 (374 views)
Shortcut

Lost Gear at Gunks - Have You Seen It?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I ran into Whiskey Mike just now and he was upset, having realized he must have packed up without some of his gear about a week ago.

MIA - A full set of Rigid Friends - These are ancient, but have sentimental value to him. A full set of DMM Nuts.

There might be more - he just realized he didn't have this gear, and it's possible he hasn't noticed other things missing.

He knows the last time he used the gear was Sunday, August 26th, since he led with these pieces. But, it is possible that he left them on August 29th, when he was in the Uberfall TR'ing stuff on other people's ropes. He had his pack at the Nosedive/Retribution area.

It is, of course, possible that he left it in some other location, or a different day. Like I said - he just realized it when he went to rack up an hour ago, so maybe isn't recalling his exact steps.

As you know, Mike isn't flush with cash, and this is a pretty big loss for him. He's also a sensitive guy, and the loss is made worse that his old reliable friends which have seen him through so much are not at his side.

Anyone have any info? I am sure there will be some sort of a reward for the return, but I will offer a chalkbag from my ClimbAddict shop for the return.

You can reach Mike at (201) 585 - 8078. However - there is no answering machine. Other options are to send me a PM here - I can get word to him through friends and continue try calling. Or - leave the gear with a Mohonk Ranger or at the Lost and Found - If you mention it is Whiskey Mike's gear, they will know who he is and hold it for him.

Thanks in advance.

Partner happiegrrrl

Sep 9, 2012, 1:41 PM
Post #2 of 2 (312 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Lost Gear at Gunks - Have You Seen It? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Happy ending - The gear was turned in at Rock and Snow and Mike picked it up last night.

Thanks so much to the person who dropped it off, and also a big thank you to Rock and Snow for holding lost gear like this.

THIS is just one example of what makes mom & pop ops so vitally important to not only our climbing communities but communities in general. Do you think big chain stores can/would maintain Lost & Founds for a bunch of ratty old gear? Hell no!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$11.66 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook