Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Gmburns2000

Sep 12, 2012, 3:00 AM
Post #38376 of 45342 (3840 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
After 16 days off, including two 3 day weekends, my arm was feeling decent so I figured I'd hit the gym tonight to feel things out. Climbed a few .8's and .9's, mostly using my left arm for balance and doing all the pulling with my right. I felt pretty good while climbing but now my arm hurts way more than I would like. I think I may be facing at least another month before I can climb without making things worse.

There goes half the fall season...

you've climbed pretty well this year, though, so you can't really complain. Sure, it'd be nice to put a whole season together for once, but still, you climbed pretty strong this year.

Gmburns2000

Sep 12, 2012, 3:03 AM
Post #38377 of 45342 (3838 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

updated the items to include cell phone and laptop covers. (Here) Who wants to be my first buyer? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

painted second layer of Johnny Ramone. it's looking interesting. not sure how it's going to turn out. I like it (I think), but we'll see).

Fuck I'm tired.

edge

Sep 12, 2012, 1:39 PM
Post #38378 of 45342 (3824 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Weekend Update With Chevy Chase

Well, minus the Chevy Chase part.

Friday evening my partner Joshua and I hit up, you guessed it, Longstack Precipice. I lead the route we had scrubbed a week ago to establish "Earth and Sky" 5.9 PG13, 100' Two distinct cruxes, the first of which is in the photo, long moves to an overlap that is underclinged, quite strenuously, to an inside corner; the second crux is a 15' 5.9 slab protected by tying off a pine tree on a ledge below the slab. Nice climb, that one.

We then rap cleaned another line to the left, and as the sun was disappearing behind the western mountains, I lead it via headlamp to create "Sacred Fire" 5.8, 100'. The exit moves proved to be the crux, a rounded beached whale affair with manky cams two feet below your tootsies. No pics of that as it was fully dark.

Saturday we spent the whole day hoeing 19 years of accumulated junk out of our basement. Two pickup loads to the dump, and if we're lucky we'll make $50 on the rest in a future yard sale.

Today I held a class in my home for 10 women at 65 bones/person. Not bad for 6 hours work (fun?), but I missed the whole Patriots season opener. Anyone know how to watch the game on the intardwebs?

Longstack keeps offering gifts, so who am I to refuse? We were out there last evening and bagged the FA of "Rawhide.". This was hard for me to grade, as I had to place a suspect pin on lead to protect the crux and got pretty pumped, but the three of us arrived at consensus 5.8+.

We also got better pics of "Sacred Fire" which we put up last week.

There is one more line on this wall that we will send next trip. Still needs a little cleaning, but looks to be fun 5.7ish face climbing.

On unrelated news, the home inspector and buyers came yesterday and our house passed with flying colors. 24 days left to pack up, clean our, and move on.

erisspirit

Sep 12, 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #38379 of 45342 (3815 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
After 16 days off, including two 3 day weekends, my arm was feeling decent so I figured I'd hit the gym tonight to feel things out. Climbed a few .8's and .9's, mostly using my left arm for balance and doing all the pulling with my right. I felt pretty good while climbing but now my arm hurts way more than I would like. I think I may be facing at least another month before I can climb without making things worse.

There goes half the fall season...

UGG thats a bummer Unsure

erisspirit

Sep 12, 2012, 5:13 PM
Post #38380 of 45342 (3815 views)
Shortcut

Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tried to run one of my last long runs before I idiotically run the San Fransisco Nike Women's Marathon...

I don't think I have ever hurt so bad during a run, not even during my last marathon. Everything was hurting. Now I'm pretty nervous about race day

Luckily my boyfriend gave me pain killers, and pizza when we got back.

Gmburns2000

Sep 13, 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #38381 of 45342 (3797 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

so trying to network with artists and flamenco dancers, musicians, schools in seville, spain via twitter. now, you may ask what the fuck is he doing on twitter, and up until about three days ago i would have answered with a blunt denial that twitter was useful. in fact, it was the LAST social media place i ever wanted to be on because i thought it was just plain stupid.

however, it turns out that people are much easier to connect with on twitter than they are on facebook or other sites. so there i am, trying to connect with people with the hopes of being able to draw and take photos for future paintings of flamenco dancers when i go there in december / january.

fingers are crossed I meet someone helpful.

Gmburns2000

Sep 13, 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #38382 of 45342 (3790 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
Weekend Update With Chevy Chase

Well, minus the Chevy Chase part.

Friday evening my partner Joshua and I hit up, you guessed it, Longstack Precipice. I lead the route we had scrubbed a week ago to establish "Earth and Sky" 5.9 PG13, 100' Two distinct cruxes, the first of which is in the photo, long moves to an overlap that is underclinged, quite strenuously, to an inside corner; the second crux is a 15' 5.9 slab protected by tying off a pine tree on a ledge below the slab. Nice climb, that one.

[image]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.135.403.403/p403x403/402954_2435705749145_670067621_n.jpg[/image]

We then rap cleaned another line to the left, and as the sun was disappearing behind the western mountains, I lead it via headlamp to create "Sacred Fire" 5.8, 100'. The exit moves proved to be the crux, a rounded beached whale affair with manky cams two feet below your tootsies. No pics of that as it was fully dark.

Saturday we spent the whole day hoeing 19 years of accumulated junk out of our basement. Two pickup loads to the dump, and if we're lucky we'll make $50 on the rest in a future yard sale.

Today I held a class in my home for 10 women at 65 bones/person. Not bad for 6 hours work (fun?), but I missed the whole Patriots season opener. Anyone know how to watch the game on the intardwebs?

Longstack keeps offering gifts, so who am I to refuse? We were out there last evening and bagged the FA of "Rawhide.". This was hard for me to grade, as I had to place a suspect pin on lead to protect the crux and got pretty pumped, but the three of us arrived at consensus 5.8+.

[image]https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/223898_2443288698714_2084831438_n.jpg?dl=1[/image]

[image]https://photos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/402321_2443289378731_2013403584_n.jpg?dl=1[/image]

[image]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/621572_2443300739015_1477833077_o.jpg[/image]

We also got better pics of "Sacred Fire" which we put up last week.

[image]https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309186_2443302379056_8489526_n.jpg?dl=1[/image]

[image]https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/307848_2443303219077_665754898_n.jpg?dl=1[/image]

There is one more line on this wall that we will send next trip. Still needs a little cleaning, but looks to be fun 5.7ish face climbing.

On unrelated news, the home inspector and buyers came yesterday and our house passed with flying colors. 24 days left to pack up, clean our, and move on.

these look short, but I get the sense from you that they're quite long. is the camera playing tricks, or can we not see the top and / or the scruffy bottom is much bigger that it appears?

Gmburns2000

Sep 13, 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #38383 of 45342 (3789 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Tried to run one of my last long runs before I idiotically run the San Fransisco Nike Women's Marathon...

I don't think I have ever hurt so bad during a run, not even during my last marathon. Everything was hurting. Now I'm pretty nervous about race day

when is it? it's a bummer you're not feeling great.

edge

Sep 14, 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #38384 of 45342 (3783 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hitting up Longstack tomorrow evening for one more FA and to look for the long dong piton/cleaning tool I dropped last time in the dark. Hopefully I can find it in the jumble of debris we dislodged; I've had it for 30+ years and I feel like I've lost an old friend...Frown

Gmburns2000

Sep 14, 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #38385 of 45342 (3776 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Hitting up Longstack tomorrow evening for one more FA and to look for the long dong piton/cleaning tool I dropped last time in the dark. Hopefully I can find it in the jumble of debris we dislodged; I've had it for 30+ years and I feel like I've lost an old friend...Frown

I've heard hammers and wall tools are the kinds of things one gets attached to easily.

edge

Sep 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #38386 of 45342 (3770 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

I've heard hammers and wall tools are the kinds of things one gets attached to easily.

Tis true...

Mine looks like the one on top with the notched end.

Gmburns2000

Sep 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
Post #38387 of 45342 (3766 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Tis true...

[image]http://www.gearexpress.biz/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/longdong.gif[/image]

not that it makes a difference to your situation, but don't hammers have the ability to clean, too? (i.e. - they're like real hammers)

edge

Sep 14, 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #38388 of 45342 (3760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Tis true...

[image]http://www.gearexpress.biz/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/longdong.gif[/image]

not that it makes a difference to your situation, but don't hammers have the ability to clean, too? (i.e. - they're like real hammers)

Not sure I'm following you here. When I (rarely) bring a hammer, yes, the pick end can be used to clean cracks, set bashies, and pry out pins/etc. My long dong is my preferred nut cleaning tool, and I can also garden cracks with it or drop it behind a flake as passive pro. In a pinch, decades ago, I even drove it like a piton with a big hex.

I really hope I can find it.

Gmburns2000

Sep 14, 2012, 1:46 AM
Post #38389 of 45342 (3755 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Tis true...

Not sure I'm following you here. When I (rarely) bring a hammer, yes, the pick end can be used to clean cracks, set bashies, and pry out pins/etc. My long dong is my preferred nut cleaning tool, and I can also garden cracks with it or drop it behind a flake as passive pro. In a pinch, decades ago, I even drove it like a piton with a big hex.

got it.

sent a message to the universe for you. fingers are crossed.

erisspirit

Sep 14, 2012, 4:03 PM
Post #38390 of 45342 (3739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

October 14th ... I have a few more weeks, but in about a week Im supposed to be lowering my mileage.
It's supposed to be 99 tomorrow so I don't think I'll be motivated to run

erisspirit

Sep 14, 2012, 4:05 PM
Post #38391 of 45342 (3738 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

Hope you find it

erisspirit

Sep 14, 2012, 4:10 PM
Post #38392 of 45342 (3735 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Booo work unveiled the design of the floor they are renovating...

the room of devs did this:

UnimpressedUnsureUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnsureMadUnimpressed
UnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnsureUnsureUnsureUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressed
UnsureMadFrownUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedShockedUnimpressedFrown

its all fully open with zero privacy. Not a single person likes the layout...

now I get to watch all my fellow devs pick their noses, eat with their mouths open, and talk about their problems because its more "collaborative"

I might start working from home more...

Gmburns2000

Sep 14, 2012, 4:20 PM
Post #38393 of 45342 (3729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

October 14th ... I have a few more weeks, but in about a week Im supposed to be lowering my mileage.
It's supposed to be 99 tomorrow so I don't think I'll be motivated to run

running in 99 degree heat sounds absolutely horrible.

edge

Sep 14, 2012, 4:57 PM
Post #38394 of 45342 (3724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:

UnimpressedUnsureUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnsureMadUnimpressed
UnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedUnsureUnsureUnsureUnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressed

now I get to watch all my fellow devs pick their noses, eat with their mouths open, and talk about their problems because its more "collaborative"

Surround your desk with 20 or 30 large ficus.

Partner epoch

Sep 14, 2012, 6:40 PM
Post #38395 of 45342 (3718 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

and fern

edge

Sep 14, 2012, 7:14 PM
Post #38396 of 45342 (3713 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

and fern

Unless Fern is the hippy chick who reeks of patouli and doesn't shave her legs.

Partner epoch

Sep 14, 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #38397 of 45342 (3707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

and fern

Only in Vermont...

Gmburns2000

Sep 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #38398 of 45342 (3699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

and fern

Only in Vermont...
and france...don't forget france.

edge

Sep 16, 2012, 1:18 AM
Post #38399 of 45342 (3685 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Tis true...

got it.

sent a message to the universe for you. fingers are crossed.

It appears that the universe has responded, and it looks like my dear old long dong is buried under a foot of debris.

It took me 51 years on the planet to arrive at a point where I can type that last sentence with a straight face.

Gmburns2000

Sep 16, 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #38400 of 45342 (3673 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I bet my friday was more interesting than anyone else's friday here.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook