RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

ryweller

Sep 16, 2012, 8:30 AM
Post #1 of 3 (360 views)
Shortcut

Getu season
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The heat in China is slacking off and the next few months will be some frictiony good times for Getu and YS. Has any one been to Getu this month yet? A partner and I are head there in a few days. How is the community developing for eating and sleeping options since the Roc Trip last year??

FYI I just found some pretty cheap shoe deals in Taipei. A few shops near the main stn have regular prices on gear but outstanding deals on 5.10 shoes and other brands. 66% of the US retail price!

AnaPiranha

Sep 30, 2012, 7:45 AM
Post #2 of 3 (294 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ryweller] Getu season [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

this is a little late, but i was just in getu a few weeks ago. there are still only a couple options for accommodation, food and about 3 bikes in town. there would be camping potential if you have gear, and bring your own coffee. amazing climbing though and well worth the trek

ryweller

Oct 1, 2012, 9:27 PM
Post #3 of 3 (278 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AnaPiranha] Getu season [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah it's pretty good now, some days still warm if you're in the sun. seems like it wants to rain every few days, but apparently thats local weather.

With the Golden Harvest Week holiday or such, it's kinda busy here with chinese climbers and tourists.

One main guesthouse (Roxys) is hosting a bunch of ppl but no reason not to try some of the other less advertised places and spread the wealth.
The shops here are pretty bare, they have snacks, soy drinks, moon cakes and beer, but thats it. BYO western treats and FRUIT!

Great climbing and views: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=d413b62b-33ef-4cf7-bcb4-4554b209ce5d

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook