RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

jbrown2

Sep 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #1 of 10 (5431 views)
Shortcut

Rock And Resole
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Rock And Resole = worst customer service EVER. I just called them. I sent a few pairs to get resoled a bit ago. First they didn't even follow directions two pairs of our downturned Miuras came back FLAT as a board. Second, and this one just came up, they replaced a rand on one shoe of a pair and not the other. I have probably gotten 15 days on the shoes and the one with the replaced rand looks good but the other is blown through. I dont know why they would not make them equal. I just called to see if they would help me out to fix my shoe and they guy i talked to said i would have to pay for another resole. 2 resoles in a month? No thanks. So . . . Rock and Resole thanks for costing me 100 useless bucks. Back to Yosemite Bum I go. They are fast, nice and do and AMAZING job with AMAZING . . . wait for it. . . wait for it . . . Customer Service.

So with every complaint there should be a solution. It is minimal cost to them to JUST FIX THE PROBLEM. A little rubber a little labor and this letter would say how awesome they were instead of how crappy they are. Just to let you know.

(This post was edited by jbrown2 on Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 PM)

redlude97

Sep 18, 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #2 of 10 (5420 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbrown2] Rock And Resole [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Did you ask to have the rands done? Did you check them yourself before sending them out?

mr_rogers

Sep 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #3 of 10 (5407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weren't you bitching about this about a month or so ago?

[html]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2594140;#2594140[/html]

jbrown2

Sep 19, 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #4 of 10 (5394 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr_rogers] Rock And Resole [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes to both of you. And just to make it clear I also write letters when I get great service and satisfaction. The guy at RR basically dared me to post about this convo today.

milesenoell

Sep 19, 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #5 of 10 (5394 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr_rogers] Rock And Resole [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

For what it's worth, I had the same experience with the names reversed. Terrible service from Yosemite Bum and great service from Rock and Resole. Months after sending my shoes in Yosemite Bum told me they never received them. I had to show them my 'return-receipt' slip and tracking info to prove that they did indeed have my shoes. Then, my resole was done so badly it blew out within a week of getting my shoes so I had to send them BACK in again. Second time was better.

On the other hand, Rubber Room and Rock and Resole have both done great jobs for me with fast turn around time. Sounds like resoles can be hit or miss wherever you go.

sycamore

Sep 19, 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #6 of 10 (5378 views)
Shortcut

Re: [milesenoell] Rock And Resole [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Worst customer service ever? Really? You must lead a sheltered existence. You ever deal with the IRS? Insurance companies? Any cable/internet/phone company? Like, concerning actual money? That sucks about the rand, but a little perspective, please. Also, if YBum was so good, why did you switch?

Did you check the box that said "perform all necessary repairs"? Perhaps they thought your rand would last longer than it did and wanted to save you a few bucks. I've had varied results from different resolers, and have yet to have any issue with RnR. If you explicitly stated "REPAIR/REPLACE BOTH RANDS!", then you have cause to be upset- if you left it to their discretion, then you rolled the dice.

Yosemite Bum: Did a fine job, moderate turnaround, furthest away (I'm on the East coast)

Rubber Room: First resoles were great, second time they delammed pretty fast. Logo apparently designed by a 15 year old boy.

Friction Fix: Love that they are based in Fayetteville and that you can drop off and pick up from Waterstone, but they're mad flaky and take forever (and don't call you back no matter how many messages you leave). The work was good, however.

Rock and Resole: Fast turnaround, great work.

It seems that with resoles, your resoler is the best until whatever happens, then they're the worst. It's a cottage industry, and no one is going to be batting 1000. Sorry you're the 1 out of however many, but these people grind rubber and inhale glue all day-- it's going to happen.

gblauer

Sep 19, 2012, 2:01 AM
Post #7 of 10 (5372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sycamore] Rock And Resole [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I love Yosemite Bum...they are always great and fast.

climbingaggie03

Sep 19, 2012, 4:48 AM
Post #8 of 10 (5336 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've used Rock and Resole a few times and they've always done great work for me with a fast turn around time. They definitely are the friendliest folks, I think their website even says not to call them cause it slows them down. I've been in the shop a few times and the folks I've dealt with have been kind of gruff, but I think this is the first problem with their work that I've ever heard.

mheyman

Sep 20, 2012, 3:38 AM
Post #9 of 10 (5240 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Over dozens of resoles, Rubber Room and Rock and Resoles are my go to shops. I've had shoes ruined at two others. no reason for me to risk another at this time.

djlachelt

Sep 20, 2012, 2:11 PM
Post #10 of 10 (5210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry to hear of your poor experience. I've always (about 5 resole jobs) had great quality service and quick turn-around at R&R.

I live about 1hr away, and have had success whether dropping my shoes off and picking them up, or sending them in the mail.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook