Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Gmburns2000

Sep 18, 2012, 4:29 PM
Post #38426 of 45342 (3317 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Heading back up the the sierras thurs night...

the BF is taking his dad up the mountaineers route of Whitney (his dad has always wanted to do that route, so this is a birthday present to him). His dad's friend and I are tagging along. They have been training really hard so I hope it goes well for them. It will be my third time up the route, so I'm just excited to get out some get some fresh air.

sweet. have fun with that. is this the same route arean guides people up?

Yup I think so :)

Sadly I don't think he's up there next weekend...

used my dehydrator to make some dried spaghetti sauce and dried chili for chili mac... I'm curious how it will turn out when rehydrated. I've done spaghetti sauce before but not chili.

that sounds awesome. i'm jealous. I've always wanted to buy a dehydrator since I knew they existed.

donald949

Sep 18, 2012, 4:42 PM
Post #38427 of 45342 (3315 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Had an interesting trip out to CO.
Saw some amazing places. No climbing but some sightseeing.
Got out and about in the Ouray and Silverton Areas. Did a quick hike in Ouray, didn't really scout the Ice Park too much, but looked pretty cool set up. Lots of old mines and back roads around to explore.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison is dang impressive. Steep, deep, and narrow. A climbing guidebook at the visitor center was thick with a ton of routes. Word is the rock can be choosy. Quote of the NPS website "Becoming benighted because you underestimated the route is no reason for rescue"
Most of the canyon is only accessable from the top, and must be climbed up and out. There is a road down to the upper part of the river, going to the diversion dam. It is steep, hello 1st gear, but really cool once you get down there.
Took the scenic route back to Grand Junction. Looking at the map, I added up the miles and came 3 hours. Not giving much time for sight seeing, but doable. Getting along, the milage sign says 111 to GJ. I was wanting to be there in about an hour to give myself time to spare. So I fly up the 141. Very cool sandstone valley, no pics were taken at 70mph...Crazy
Made it on time, but with really no margin, good thing its a tiny airport.

still haven't been to the black. jealous.
Not too much to be jealous of. Was only sightseeing turoning.
I looked into a website for a local guide outfit, 300+ a day just for basic. Anyrate, most of the climbing looks pretty serious long routes, rock of questionable quality, serious approaches, and difficult to bail out. Although the drive down to the river was very intersting, there might be some grade II-III stuff available. Anyrate, you should swing by and check it out next time your in the area visiting your freind.

Gmburns2000

Sep 18, 2012, 4:57 PM
Post #38428 of 45342 (3312 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Got out and about in the Ouray and Silverton Areas. Did a quick hike in Ouray, didn't really scout the Ice Park too much, but looked pretty cool set up. Lots of old mines and back roads around to explore.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison is dang impressive. Steep, deep, and narrow. A climbing guidebook at the visitor center was thick with a ton of routes. Word is the rock can be choosy. Quote of the NPS website "Becoming benighted because you underestimated the route is no reason for rescue"
Most of the canyon is only accessable from the top, and must be climbed up and out. There is a road down to the upper part of the river, going to the diversion dam. It is steep, hello 1st gear, but really cool once you get down there.
Took the scenic route back to Grand Junction. Looking at the map, I added up the miles and came 3 hours. Not giving much time for sight seeing, but doable. Getting along, the milage sign says 111 to GJ. I was wanting to be there in about an hour to give myself time to spare. So I fly up the 141. Very cool sandstone valley, no pics were taken at 70mph...Crazy

I looked into a website for a local guide outfit, 300+ a day just for basic. Anyrate, most of the climbing looks pretty serious long routes, rock of questionable quality, serious approaches, and difficult to bail out. Although the drive down to the river was very intersting, there might be some grade II-III stuff available. Anyrate, you should swing by and check it out next time your in the area visiting your freind.

Just being there is enough. I understand it's a pretty stark place.

erisspirit

Sep 18, 2012, 9:19 PM
Post #38429 of 45342 (3308 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Heading back up the the sierras thurs night...

the BF is taking his dad up the mountaineers route of Whitney (his dad has always wanted to do that route, so this is a birthday present to him). His dad's friend and I are tagging along. They have been training really hard so I hope it goes well for them. It will be my third time up the route, so I'm just excited to get out some get some fresh air.

sweet. have fun with that. is this the same route arean guides people up?

Yup I think so :)

Sadly I don't think he's up there next weekend...

used my dehydrator to make some dried spaghetti sauce and dried chili for chili mac... I'm curious how it will turn out when rehydrated. I've done spaghetti sauce before but not chili.

that sounds awesome. i'm jealous. I've always wanted to buy a dehydrator since I knew they existed.

same here... I was lucky enough to receive last Christmas and I absolutely love it. My brother gave me a more expensive one too. I don't think I would have gotten myself such a nice one had it been my own money.

donald949

Sep 19, 2012, 3:35 PM
Post #38430 of 45342 (3296 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Just being there is enough. I understand it's a pretty stark place.
Ill try 2 get sum fotos up on fb next weak.

donald949

Sep 19, 2012, 3:39 PM
Post #38431 of 45342 (3294 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I related knews, this weak we r gett'n the house tented. Plus I'm taking the older boy camping w/ the scouts. Good thing getting the kamping stuff together is easy, everything is awl 2gether in a cupboard and bin. cause the cleaning owt the house in a pain. Crazy

Gmburns2000

Sep 20, 2012, 12:05 AM
Post #38432 of 45342 (3287 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
I related knews, this weak we r gett'n the house tented. Plus I'm taking the older boy camping w/ the scouts. Good thing getting the kamping stuff together is easy, everything is awl 2gether in a cupboard and bin. cause the cleaning owt the house in a pain. Crazy

not gonna lie, i have no idea what getting a house tented means.

Partner epoch

Sep 20, 2012, 1:34 AM
Post #38433 of 45342 (3281 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

In the SouthWest it is also a euphamism for renting out your house to the Meth factory.

Partner epoch

Sep 20, 2012, 1:35 AM
Post #38434 of 45342 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

In the SouthWest it is also a euphamism for renting out your house to the Meth factory.

Or some sort of metaphor about clowns, three rings, and vibrating seats.

Gmburns2000

Sep 20, 2012, 1:40 AM
Post #38435 of 45342 (3277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Or some sort of metaphor about clowns, three rings, and vibrating seats.

clowns are scary

edge

Sep 20, 2012, 1:44 PM
Post #38436 of 45342 (3268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Hey, a man's gotta make a living somehow...

I also have no idea what tenting a house means, but what do I know? On the other hand, he mentions camping w/the scouts, so I'm picturing dome tents in the living room.

donald949

Sep 20, 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #38437 of 45342 (3264 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

I also have no idea what tenting a house means, but what do I know? On the other hand, he mentions camping w/the scouts, so I'm picturing dome tents in the living room.
Hey now.
Yea, we are tenting to fumigate for termites. We get kicked out of house on Fri Noon.
Going to take the older boy scout camping. Wife is taking the other 2 to visit her mom. But I got room for Sun night. We get to move back in Mon at noon.
Sew if ur looking for some old electronics, the place will be ungarded. You could prolly sneak in the back hold your breath, and walk off with a 15 yo 25" tube tv. Tongue

donald949

Sep 20, 2012, 4:10 PM
Post #38438 of 45342 (3263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

on the other hand, I could use some extra cash, lay offs are coming, so renting the place out as a meth lab does have a certain amount of appeal.

donald949

Sep 20, 2012, 4:24 PM
Post #38439 of 45342 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

on the other hand, I could use some extra cash, lay offs are coming, so renting the place out as a meth lab does have a certain amount of appeal.
Also, the calculation for severences came out earlier this week. Everyone has calculated their amount. Since I've been here forever, I would get 50 weeks. Shocked
All of a sudden everyone wants to be one of the ones that goes.

edge

Sep 20, 2012, 4:28 PM
Post #38440 of 45342 (3260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Also, the calculation for severences came out earlier this week. Everyone has calculated their amount. Since I've been here forever, I would get 50 weeks. Shocked

Let the f-bombs, public farting, and faux seizures commence...

Gmburns2000

Sep 20, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #38441 of 45342 (3256 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Hey now.
Yea, we are tenting to fumigate for termites. We get kicked out of house on Fri Noon.
Going to take the older boy scout camping. Wife is taking the other 2 to visit her mom. But I got room for Sun night. We get to move back in Mon at noon.
Sew if ur looking for some old electronics, the place will be ungarded. You could prolly sneak in the back hold your breath, and walk off with a 15 yo 25" tube tv. Tongue

Got it. I kind of figured that was what you meant, but since you hadn't mentioned this before I was a little puzzled.

Gmburns2000

Sep 20, 2012, 5:19 PM
Post #38442 of 45342 (3255 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

do you get to claim unemployment after that if you haven't found a job yet?

best scenario, you get the 50 weeks, then they hire you back.

Gmburns2000

Sep 20, 2012, 5:21 PM
Post #38443 of 45342 (3254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know no one really cares, but here's a sort of write-up:

Brasil can be dangerous

Share with your jet set friends who are just dying to do Carnaval in Rio.

Gmburns2000

Sep 21, 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #38444 of 45342 (3226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

productive day today. working on three or four projects at once while allowing two problem projects dry. Need to give time to those to figure out what to do next. one actually looks pretty good, but the color balance is way off (see below).

Also working on a simplistic beach scene and desert panorama that I think will be pretty nice, too.

I'm being more expressive lately. I think this is a good thing.
Attachments: IMG_0001.JPG (99.6 KB)

Gmburns2000

Sep 21, 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #38445 of 45342 (3225 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
productive day today. working on three or four projects at once while allowing two problem projects dry. Need to give time to those to figure out what to do next. one actually looks pretty good, but the color balance is way off (see below).

Also working on a simplistic beach scene and desert panorama that I think will be pretty nice, too.

I'm being more expressive lately. I think this is a good thing.

Gmburns2000

Sep 21, 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #38446 of 45342 (3224 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

also went took the first steps this week toward documenting flamenco dancers. went to my girlfriend's class and met the instructor, then went to my second performance last night to draw. couldn't draw much, though, because it was dark (duh!), but I got some good pics to work off.

Next step, establish a greater relationship with the school here to connect with various schools in Seville. I have lots of confidence in this project. I honestly think it'll be the greatest challenge of my life, and I'm super excited for it.

Blurry, I know (my camera isn't that good)
Attachments: resize.jpg (78.0 KB)

Gmburns2000

Sep 21, 2012, 5:12 PM
Post #38447 of 45342 (3223 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
also went took the first steps this week toward documenting flamenco dancers. went to my girlfriend's class and met the instructor, then went to my second performance last night to draw. couldn't draw much, though, because it was dark (duh!), but I got some good pics to work off.

Next step, establish a greater relationship with the school here to connect with various schools in Seville. I have lots of confidence in this project. I honestly think it'll be the greatest challenge of my life, and I'm super excited for it.

Blurry, I know (my camera isn't that good)

Gmburns2000

Sep 21, 2012, 5:12 PM
Post #38448 of 45342 (3222 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pc++

donald949

Sep 21, 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #38449 of 45342 (3220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Actually, as I understand it, you get to file for unemployment right away. The severance is a benifit your earned for having worked here that long. Since you are no longer working, you are now unemployeed. Hello 480 a week for doing nothing. Smile Although that is taxable.
So there are a number of people close to retirement, just waiting for some kind of package. Another young mom, w a 9mo old, who's husband works FT in IT. sure would suck if they were let go. wink wink nudge nudge. They are actually hoping for it.

Gmburns2000

Sep 21, 2012, 5:28 PM
Post #38450 of 45342 (3218 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Actually, as I understand it, you get to file for unemployment right away. The severance is a benifit your earned for having worked here that long. Since you are no longer working, you are now unemployeed. Hello 480 a week for doing nothing. Smile Although that is taxable.
So there are a number of people close to retirement, just waiting for some kind of package. Another young mom, w a 9mo old, who's husband works FT in IT. sure would suck if they were let go. wink wink nudge nudge. They are actually hoping for it.

yeah, that's a good deal for sure. do you get health insurance during the severance period?

First page Previous page 1 ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook