Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Sep 24, 2012, 11:26 PM
Post #38476 of 45342 (3744 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Super busy weekend. My two sister-in-laws visited from NY, and Maxwell came home from college to help out for the weekend.

Went climbing Friday, cleaned up our last FA, then did a 5.7 just after sunset, and our four star 5.6 by headlamp under a crescent moon and full compliment of stars. Super fun.

Saturday we had our big yard/moving sale. Started carrying stuff out at 6AM and didn't finish until 4:30PM, but made 1350 bones. Shit ton of work...

Sunday I loaded up the truck and took it to the dump, -$65 to empty it. Then I had four peeps for a drum making class from 10-4. Football after that, and much cheering/misery for the Patriots game. Pfft...

The house guests left this morning, and I am just about finished with the nightstand and bed destined for Sacramento; hopefully ready to spray lacquer on Wednesday. Then I can start disassembling the hand tool & assembly room in the shop.

has a date been set?

We need to be fully out of our home by Oct 4. We have held off on moving our belongings into the six month rental until the appraisal comes back, which is the last detail in the way of closing.

Six months will put us into April, and then the plan is for a three month road trip with a pull-behind camper cross country; we will be starting off visiting family and friends in NY, PA, SC, and Ohio before hitting up the Black Hills (Meaghan wants to meet us there for some climbing), Devils Tower, Yellowstone and the Tetons, Sacramento, Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, Mesa Verde, and anything else that we feel like hitting on the way. It should be epic!

Final destination will be the Front Range of CO sometime around my birthday in July!

Woo!

Partner macherry

Sep 25, 2012, 1:05 AM
Post #38477 of 45342 (3740 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Super busy weekend. My two sister-in-laws visited from NY, and Maxwell came home from college to help out for the weekend.

Went climbing Friday, cleaned up our last FA, then did a 5.7 just after sunset, and our four star 5.6 by headlamp under a crescent moon and full compliment of stars. Super fun.

Saturday we had our big yard/moving sale. Started carrying stuff out at 6AM and didn't finish until 4:30PM, but made 1350 bones. Shit ton of work...

Sunday I loaded up the truck and took it to the dump, -$65 to empty it. Then I had four peeps for a drum making class from 10-4. Football after that, and much cheering/misery for the Patriots game. Pfft...

The house guests left this morning, and I am just about finished with the nightstand and bed destined for Sacramento; hopefully ready to spray lacquer on Wednesday. Then I can start disassembling the hand tool & assembly room in the shop.

has a date been set?

We need to be fully out of our home by Oct 4. We have held off on moving our belongings into the six month rental until the appraisal comes back, which is the last detail in the way of closing.

Six months will put us into April, and then the plan is for a three month road trip with a pull-behind camper cross country; we will be starting off visiting family and friends in NY, PA, SC, and Ohio before hitting up the Black Hills (Meaghan wants to meet us there for some climbing), Devils Tower, Yellowstone and the Tetons, Sacramento, Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce, Mesa Verde, and anything else that we feel like hitting on the way. It should be epic!

Final destination will be the Front Range of CO sometime around my birthday in July!

Woo!

woo indeed!

wa state perhaps?

Gmburns2000

Sep 25, 2012, 1:59 AM
Post #38478 of 45342 (3738 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
And, on Etsy

No idea how to market myself there. Suggestions?

How come you only put up 3 prints?

Trying to put my best foot forward. Any requests?

Gmburns2000

Sep 25, 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #38479 of 45342 (3737 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
productive day today. working on three or four projects at once while allowing two problem projects dry. Need to give time to those to figure out what to do next. one actually looks pretty good, but the color balance is way off (see below).

Also working on a simplistic beach scene and desert panorama that I think will be pretty nice, too.

I'm being more expressive lately. I think this is a good thing.

this I like a lot. Best to date, IMHO.

The eagle needs to have golden amber tones. That is all.

Yeah, I know this. Actually thinking light orange to balance out the blues (opposite color wheel as opposed to next to it). maybe the yellow will make the center stand out more. hmm...

Gmburns2000

Sep 25, 2012, 2:03 AM
Post #38480 of 45342 (3736 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

sisters-in-law

you guys are in full swing. congrats.

edge

Sep 25, 2012, 2:19 AM
Post #38481 of 45342 (3734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

sisters-in-law

I was using artistic license.

Gmburns2000

Sep 25, 2012, 2:36 AM
Post #38482 of 45342 (3732 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
And, on Etsy

No idea how to market myself there. Suggestions?

How come you only put up 3 prints?

more here on society6 and cheaper, too.

not just prints on that site, but prints, laptop and phone cases, t-shirts, hoodies, and tote bags are available, too.

Again, cheaper than the etsy price and same product.

Gmburns2000

Sep 25, 2012, 2:37 AM
Post #38483 of 45342 (3731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

sisters-in-law

I was using artistic license.

ah, well, in that case, feel free.

SylviaSmile

Sep 25, 2012, 7:42 AM
Post #38484 of 45342 (3722 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
I'm baaaaack!

Welcome back! How's your finger injury doing?

donald949

Sep 25, 2012, 3:40 PM
Post #38485 of 45342 (3703 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Re:Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Guess what? I went climbing. Yay!

Nice. Have you found regular gym partners out there yet?

Kinda sorta. Truth be told, I don't really have much time for climbing right now. Unsure Along with school, I have a couple of jobs and it's getting a bit crazy . . .
That is a bit crazy.
No PC++ for U!

donald949

Sep 25, 2012, 3:42 PM
Post #38486 of 45342 (3702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
productive day today. working on three or four projects at once while allowing two problem projects dry. Need to give time to those to figure out what to do next. one actually looks pretty good, but the color balance is way off (see below).

Also working on a simplistic beach scene and desert panorama that I think will be pretty nice, too.

I'm being more expressive lately. I think this is a good thing.

[image]http://www.rockclimbing.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6415;[/image]
this I like a lot. Best to date, IMHO.

The eagle needs to have golden amber tones. That is all.

Yeah, I know this. Actually thinking light orange to balance out the blues (opposite color wheel as opposed to next to it). maybe the yellow will make the center stand out more. hmm...
Someone was a little late to the discussion...
Unsure

donald949

Sep 25, 2012, 3:44 PM
Post #38487 of 45342 (3701 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
I'm baaaaack!
Useless with out pictures...

donald949

Sep 25, 2012, 3:51 PM
Post #38488 of 45342 (3700 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So we are back into our house.
Tent came down and house got aired out.
No one stole our TV, so everything looks good.
Wife forgot she had to be there when the gas company came by to turn on the gas. As a result she didn't get a shower, and I got a cold one today. Actually not too bad. In a wake you up a get you going kind of way. Cool

Gmburns2000

Sep 25, 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #38489 of 45342 (3698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like I'm going to be the first to buy one of my own things. Free shipping worldwide (through sunday) so I'm going to take advantage to see how things looks. I'm going to buy this:

Going to see how the quality is. I thought about the hoodie, but I can barely swing that these days. I'm fucking poor.

notapplicable

Sep 25, 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #38490 of 45342 (3682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I'm baaaaack!
Useless with out pictures...

There's a app blog for that.

notapplicable

Sep 25, 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #38491 of 45342 (3681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Looks like I'm going to be the first to buy one of my own things. Free shipping worldwide (through sunday) so I'm going to take advantage to see how things looks. I'm going to buy this:

[image]http://a1.s6img.com/cdn/0007/v/1276087_9312833-tsrms122_b.jpg[/image]

Going to see how the quality is. I thought about the hoodie, but I can barely swing that these days. I'm fucking poor.

Fucking the poor is not how one gets ahead in this world.

notapplicable

Sep 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #38492 of 45342 (3679 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

That looks pretty good. Let me know how glossy the image is. Don't know all the technical mumbojumbo but I prefer it when the image is more a part of the fabric and not a glossy image adhered to the surface. At least when it covers a large surface area like that.

notapplicable

Sep 26, 2012, 4:34 AM
Post #38493 of 45342 (3668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

has a date been set?

Woo!

That sounds epic indeed!

A month is a pretty quick turn around time for evacuating the place you've lived for the last ___ years but I'm sure your not complaining at this point. It must be a big relief to have it sold.

notapplicable

Sep 26, 2012, 4:42 AM
Post #38494 of 45342 (3667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news...the doc seems to think my elbow is actually nerve trauma and not tendon. That makes sense with the type of pain I'm experiencing and when it presents but it's still a bit frustrating because the healing time can, in some cases, be even longer. It's hard to say.

notapplicable

Sep 26, 2012, 4:42 AM
Post #38495 of 45342 (3666 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Apparently if you take like 10,000% of your daily value of B-6, it can help with nerve healing. Or at least thats what the doc says. Seems like a lot and the reading I have done doesn't make it sound like a clear link has been established. I'll take it, along with the anti-inflammatory shit, for a few weeks and see how things heal.

notapplicable

Sep 26, 2012, 4:43 AM
Post #38496 of 45342 (3665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ugh. I hate taking pills on a daily basis. Better get used to it though, I suppose. I'm almost 31 now and soon I'll be 70 and have a whole cabinet full of them to keep track of...

notapplicable

Sep 26, 2012, 4:43 AM
Post #38497 of 45342 (3664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yah, Yah, I know. ^INRT^

Gmburns2000

Sep 26, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #38498 of 45342 (3657 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

That looks pretty good. Let me know how glossy the image is. Don't know all the technical mumbojumbo but I prefer it when the image is more a part of the fabric and not a glossy image adhered to the surface. At least when it covers a large surface area like that.

I agree, on both points.

I'll let you know. I suspect it isn't very glossy, but we'll see.

Gmburns2000

Sep 26, 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #38499 of 45342 (3656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
In other news...the doc seems to think my elbow is actually nerve trauma and not tendon. That makes sense with the type of pain I'm experiencing and when it presents but it's still a bit frustrating because the healing time can, in some cases, be even longer. It's hard to say.

This is good news or bad news? I know, bad for recovery, but good for long-term prospects?

Vit-C helps recovery, too.

Have you shut things down completely?

Gmburns2000

Sep 26, 2012, 1:55 PM
Post #38500 of 45342 (3652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sold my first print. SWEET!

If it was one of you, muito obrigado!

First page Previous page 1 ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook